Request details

Choose which artboards to share (share link to prototype/design spec subset / exclude some artboards when sharing)

Because we are often working with multiple dev teams on a single project it would be great to be able to select a specific path of actions and share them as a link. Example: share just the contact flow or the shopping cart flow.

The benefit of being able to see all screens and link to them is great. Being able to see and share a subset _as well_ would be awesome. We could focus on just sharing that specific interaction and the team it is being sent to wouldn't have to go through everything just to see the UX of a single section.

210 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jay shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

41 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Twist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need this, don't want to delete working designs that aren't finished but also don't want to share them yet.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very much needed. Sharing for development is mostly for dev guidelines, and less for the prototype. You want to be able to demonstrate independent artboards for different flows and guidelines for dev. Missing this feature currently force me to use zeplin for dev sharing.

This would go great along with the notes to share with team. "Add UX Notes mode (to Design and Prototype)"

• Tyson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rather than having to link arboards together to share in development mode it would be awesome to just select all artboards I want to share.

• Zach Bruce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a responsive website UX Designer this would be extremely helpful as a communication tool for me. My .xd project files often consist of 100's of artboards for the entire site. Sharing 4 or 5 of those artboards when I'm working on a particular enhancement would help greatly. I do not like having to rely on using the prototyping tools to achieve this (as I'll just want to review quickly with a team member first).

Export Art Boards AS IS, without having to link prototyping -- more design spec flat for client holistic review.

• Hitesh Mehta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So here is the case: I have 3 Artboards, 1 Homepage and other 2 are Work-in-progress designs.. Here I am not linking anything for interactive prototypes but I am only sharing the Homepage for Review.

The issue is, if Arrow Keys are used to Navigate, I am also seeing the WIP files which I dont like to share.

Hence a feature to exclude any static artboard from being published will be a great fix.

https://twitter.com/Pinsky/status/1107370570910334976

Here is my conversation with Howard from @Adobe and he votes my idea too.

Would like to be able to export information that is not within artboards too. Like text or descriptions, screenshots and pictures, lines. I sometimes use these to explain to developers in a more pedagogical way what actions trigger what. Or if I want to share my research and design process with someone, I today can't unless I start creating artboards behind all of my elements in the file. Find it really crazy that I don't have the option of just exporting and showing EVERYTHING that I have in my file. Have to re-create and make duplicates and just such today cause I can't get it all in a link to share with Xd. Really to bad. Would help tremendously to be able to control it myself. (same thing with moving objects within the file honestly. Would like to move things outside of the artboards together with the artboards)

This is crucial, because in the design process I create some alternative designs for particular page. I want to share with developers just the final one but I still want to keep the alternative variants in the file. Now I have to delete them or create some backup file which is very anoying. Also, I don't want to create a prototype just for this purpose (prototype and spec for development should be completely separate for various reasons).

Missing screens in Shared prototype link. It shows only 10 screens shared shared link where project has above 20+ screens..

• Matza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please!!!!! Just selected or all if none is selected to publish. Like Sketch!!!!

• Jordan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to use a workaround because this feature does not exist. Currently, I have two files for every project: 1 working file and 1 sharing file. The working file contains all variations and iterations. The sharing file only contains artboards from the working file that are ready to be shared. This means I have to copy artboards from the working file to the sharing file; sometimes this is tedious when going through rounds of small revisions and there is a greater possibility of error. If I could exclude artboards when sharing, I think I could just use one file for all of my work and sharing.

• Matza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's a point I'm really missing. In Sketch you just select the artboards you'd like to be published. Why could it be so easy like Sketch??!? At the moment I have to clean up my artboards and delete all the artboards with alternatively design and then go back. I often share my design without any prototype functionality … (puh and at the moment it's not possible to publish this comment here with safari … oh Adobe …)

• Joshua-Makes-Things commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have the ability from a contextual menu or an icon next to 'Mark for Export' to disable an artboard which prevents the artboard from being published to the demo link.

Clients will often request changes and then backflip to a previous concept. It would be handy for versioning to keep an alternative set of artboard inside the one file which can be activated and deactivated as you cycle forwards (and sometimes backwards) through different concepts.

Ideally all the button link connections would remain intact, but any links associated with a given artboard from an active artboard are simply deactivated until it's either deleted or reactivated manually.

It's also common practice to develop alternative concepts right out of the gate but only present your strongest idea to the client first to constrain the amount of feedback you receive.

So having some 'backup concepts' which are already 80% ready to go, following an unsuccessful presentation, would really help with resources bottlenecks for small to medium businesses that run multiple projects at once.

• Rehan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If possible to create the User Journeys form the artboards, will help a lot to present it across to stakeholders

"currently, if you have no wires in your document, we share all artboards, but if you do have wires, we only share the artboards that are attached to your home artboard." - stupid design desicions at its best

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base