Request details

View and share design prototypes at actual size

The full-screen feature is nice but I need to be able to show clients what my designs will look like at actual size on the web. The prototypes need to be displayed at the size they are designed at. This is the one feature that would justify me switching from using InVision for my prototyping.

77 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ben JordanBen Jordan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with showing at 1x and looking at Invision as an example. It almost always looks like I expect it to. Scaling causes confusion as well as blurry images and pixellation.

• Sebastian JopenSebastian Jopen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wenn starting "preview" or "publish on the Web" view is 75% scaled and I have no possibility to change settings or zoom to 100%

• Zach BruceZach Bruce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Always leave the image at the (1x) Actual Size and DO NOT scale. Scaling leads to client confusion EVERY TIME. InVision handles this well: Where the only time it scales is when you define a Phone or Tablet size that's different from your designs. Otherwise, it maintains the resolution you design at, and overflow-scrolls the remaining width/height.

• Chavez PChavez P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been a big reason why I have still been prototyping in InVision as I was surprised you guys didn’t have the prototypes reflecting a realistic scale. Option 2 sounds best. That way we always see the browser at the correct size but also scaled in the case of viewing on a smaller monitor. Some people seem to make a case for having both, but I don’t see why you would want to prototype anything that needs to be scrolled horizontally as it would not be a god representation of how the web works when presenting to team/clients.

• MarioMario commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My thought on this:
        Add options for
        • "Actual Size"
        • "Shrink to Fit Width"
        • "Scale to Fit"
        Until you added this feature, please stop scaling at all. :-)
        Thx

• Ferran AlvarezFerran Alvarez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think we should consider both ways by a setting option for each prototype because I would expect different behavior depending if I'm working for a responside website, or a UI for a device control panel (for instance a printer), or a ATM, or...

Thanks,

Ferran

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@joan This is must feature to have and according to me I would like to go with option2 for better USER EXPERIENCE as nobody wants to use horizontal scroll. Also responsiveness is must for any prototype while you are previewing.

So my choice is OPTION 2

Thanks
        Rajesh Angra

• AlekseiAleksei commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actual size of prototype means 100%scale.
        It means that if you made an artboard 1920 × 900 px and watch it online on a 1366 x 768 screen it must have horizontal and vertical scrolling. And it is not related to the Viewport Height and vertical scrolling that we define in Design mode.
        Another question is how to realize this.

• Manuel Ryan EspinosaManuel Ryan Espinosa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What I think this comment is saying that it would be nice to be able to mimic what we see in the browser with what we see in our prototype simulation without variation.

However, I think this comment is actually referring to an issue that was previously fixed or updated in the past.

• Jeroen BruijnJeroen Bruijn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just look at the guys from invisionapp: http://www.invisionapp.com.
        There simply should not be any scaling. If it doesn't fit your window, then scroll.. For me as a designer and for my clients i want to judge a prototype 100% true size.

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The "full-screen" view still does not show the prototype at 100% of it's size. An element that is drawn at 1024 wide in the authoring environment is measuring at 900px wide in the full screen view of a shared prototype. This is critical stuff. Clients, visual designers and developers are all being mislead - exactly the opposite of what we need.

See this feature string for reference: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12924663-full-screen-shared-prototypes-on-desktop-fill-ent

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very important feature request! Most clients don't understand the strange scalings of XD prototypes. The should always be presented 100% regardless of the screen size or at least have a button to choose 100% size (original size). fullscreen mode is no solution as it just adjusts to the actual screen size but still scales the artwork!!!

• Kjell Ruben StrømKjell Ruben Strøm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think I agree on this one. I just don't get the sizing. If Im at 100% I want the page that is, lets say, 1200px with to take up 1200px on screen.

• Michael TounaMichael Touna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The best option for my needs to stakeholders is to show it at 100% pixel size but centered just like most modern websites are.

I can't always predict what the client may want. In fact, at my company, screen sizes vary from 2560 to 1280. So to choice between them seeing my design at a tinier size and giving me misleading feedback based on it (it already has happen) or to scroll around, it's much better to scroll back and forth. That's real data I can use.

Thanks

If the goal of XD is to be presentation tool, then it's the wrong tool for me as a UX designer. So I apologize. But if the goal is for people to make mockups to share with other UX designers or clients, then the interaction is very frustrating, misleading, and would be deal breaker.

When I design something at a particular size in a mockup, I need the prototype to reflect it exactly. I intentionally design mockups much wider to make make sure it looks good on screens that are 1920 to 1350 in size. Then I will share that with clients. But clients keep telling me that the type is too small. I then realized it wasn't showing up at 100%. It's just not shareable if I can't have it at 100% of my design. In fact, having to make it bigger at all is kind of a deal breaker too. Clients don't always push the arrows at the top. It's not clear to them.

All I need is an option when creating the prototype in the application to view 100%. If not, this will be the second time I give up on XD.

Thank you for listening.

If I design something at 1920px wide, I want to view it at 1920px on different size screens at work. So this is full screen button is awful when I share with others. "Oh, it may look smaller on your screen depending on your screen size.." is what I have to say EVERY SINGLE TIME. I love Adobe, I'm so disappointed you can't get XD right. Back to Sketch again...

• RoseRose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so vital - I'm trying out XD and it's interesting, but until this is fixed I need to go back to Axure for prototyping.

• Carynn IrelandCarynn Ireland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe the option on exporting the link that allows you to choose the display size when the link is opened by a user? Like the default zoom on acrobat?

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base