Request details

View and share design prototypes at actual size

The full-screen feature is nice but I need to be able to show clients what my designs will look like at actual size on the web. The prototypes need to be displayed at the size they are designed at. This is the one feature that would justify me switching from using InVision for my prototyping.

234 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    feature-started  ·  joan_lafferty responded  · 

In the release today, if you go into full screen mode, your prototype is now sized to actual size. So, designs will scroll automatically depending on browser size.

In the future, we plan to allow you to choose your scaling option, but, this is the first step towards that.

63 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Holy crap @Maureen (commented on Feb 20, 2019, your ?featureset=fullscreenScaleToFit&fullscreen append to the link works!!! Why would you need to tell anyone to add that, just append it to your preview link before sending the link! omg how did you even know about this URL parameter append??? You literally just made my week!

• Maureen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This issue still isn't fixed. I'm still seeing comps for desktop scale to fit screen, which makes them too tiny to review. I shouldn't have to tell the client add "?featureset=fullscreenScaleToFit&fullscreen" to the end of the link to view correctly.

• JaimeV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not like this. As they comment, when sharing a prototype, it is not seen at 100%. The prototype is reduced. This is not optimal. A prototype must be seen at real size (100%)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The prototype NEEDS to fill screen to 100% of your device. This is very frustrating.

It would make xd a much more powerful prototyping tool if this would work

• Efrat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it's annoying i cant publish the prototype in actual size
        please fix it, thanks :)

Please update to address comments below. It is tiring trying to find hacks around doing something as simple as presenting the prototype in the browser. When the competition in the space does this right - it makes using this product feel like a step backwards.

• j commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this true? My 1920px projects are still scaling to fit within my 1330px width window on my laptop. I see no scaling option in presentation mode

• Mattison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The scaling option has disappeared with the latest update. Need this back for presentations. Please.

• owen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

for example:

- I have several artboards at different heights, setting the viewport height for each one (say 810px) causes a white gutter at the bottom if the browser goes any taller - which is not true to a proper experience
        - I instead remove the viewport height (or set it to the true height of each artboard) so it fills the browser height correctly and the user can scroll down with no cut off
        - when linking between screens however it causes the next screen to open half way down and not at the top

example here:

https://xd.adobe.com/view/345b443e-b770-49e0-691f-c906a5db7a6c-426a/?fullscreen

I guess I would maybe remove the viewport height functionality as it doesn't seem to have any benefit and instead as default have all screens open in fullscreen and fit to browser height (basically like invision)

• Shaun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My client often have smaller screens, so the prototype will shrink the size of the designs, and consequently the client doesn't see the real size. Need to be able to fix the size (even if bigger than their viewport)

• owen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When opening a new page in fullscreen mode it goes to the middle of the screen when it should open at the top (unless you specify the height of scrolling screen which is unrealistic). This makes it unusable

You could also include options to open at specific parts of the screen using the link pointer as well as new positions on the same page

• dmx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The previous version of XD worked fairly well on this front, but this feature has been lost since the new, 'responsive' artboards were added.

When designing a website, it's crucial that we can view the published design at 100%, without any scaling. At the moment, when you publish and view in a browser, the prototype is scaled down and not being displayed at the correct size.

We need an option to 'publish at 100%' or something similar. I can't send a published prototype to a client when its not accurately representing what the website will look like.

• Jadna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also need that I can publish the prototype in actual size.
        This is what I need to show my prototypes to clients using Adobe XD.

Are the prototypes are working ok to 100% size now? I see them reduced. please let me know, I cannot find info online.

• Henrik Mikkelsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the ability to present prototypes in 100% size - as designed on the artboards. Otherwise it does not make sense to spend hours adjusting font sizes, icons, images and so on, when you can't be sure the user sees it in the intended size.

No real websites scales down the content to fit the browser like XD does (not talking responsive layout here), so what is the idea behind it?

• Katie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Edit: I just realized that we can set the view to 100% when creating and in the design specs. I'm editing this request to include the view options on the preview mode.

• Katie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I recently fully designed a system on XD, featuring 73 art boards. Once I finished, my team and I began developing it with the help of XD's design specs. Unfortunately, due to the fact that none of the previews presented the project in actual size, I did not realize that everything I designed was too big.

I did not have the time to redesign the entire project, so there was a lot of guesswork involved, and the project lost a lot of its consistency.

When previewing these artboards, we need to be able to view them in actual size in order to avoid this issue.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base