Request details

Illustrator "Select Same" functionality

Wouldn't be easy if I were select similar object like Adobe Illustrator does?

61 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

kivilcim shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to select multiple elements and link them to the same page. Also, an automatic selection of every identical objects on the artboard would be somewhat helpful (same as in Illustrator).

• Navie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Selecting SVG line icons or non-solid icons require clicking exactly on the line/path.

It is not just about selecting similar objects but the selection itself. I can click on an opaque object anywhere and it is selected. But if I have a thin SVG line icon, I have to sharpshoot my mouse exactly on the path instead of clicking anywhere within the vector's perimeter. I should also make sure the background layer is locked to avoid selecting whatever is underneath. This is working like Illustrator's Outline View mode. It is exhausting to select icons in places where drag multi-select can't be used. Like if I have to select random icons and move them.

• Tajinder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is a long process to change color in Adobe XD. I.e. I want to change the same color in multiple Pages, It's hard to do this process either you make a symbol or you go to multiple pages and change it.

If possible can you please integrate an option in Adobe XD to change similar color in one command like we are doing in Adobe Illustrator Select> same color> change..

This option will help users and make their work easy.

Thanks

• Adam Rickman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been trying to find this and cannot believe it isn't there. Really a beneficial tool in illustrator. I think to have a pallet window would be beneficial as well. My idea would be, the colors within the palette can be selected and change all of those colors within the project. I would want my palette to reflect the project. Oh! Much like inDesign's color swatch section. I forgot about that as an example. I would love that option to change my whole project should I change my color palette later on.

• Dan Shapiro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Functionality identical to AI. Would be very beneficial to change multiple objects that have the same color applied to them.

Ideal options would include Select>Same>Appearance, Fill, Stroke, Fill & Stroke, Fill Color, Stroke Color, Opacity and Typeface.

ps- the leading in this text input window is freaking me out.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wont work when you have same colour in symbols or groups. Only works <within> a group/symbol. Come on Adobe fix the basics or bring back Freehand.

• Cameron Sagey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need the Select Same functionality for fills, strokes, and appearance like Illustrator. This is essential for a fast workflow.

Use Case 1: You have a highlight color across every page of the site. Many of these elements are not created with symbols or type styles. Select Same Color lets you change all of these elements at once, saving huge amounts of time and ensuring you don't miss anything.

Use Case 2: Select all your divider lines with Select Same Stroke Color and change the weight of the stroke.

Use Case 3: Select all image overlays with select same appearance, change blending mode, opacity, etc.

This functionality is incredibly useful, and one of the main reasons I prefer Illustrator over Sketch.

Another useful color management method comes from InDesign: deleting a swatch and replacing it with another swatch. This is a great feature and another good addition to XD, but we still would need Select Same functionality for all it's other great uses beyond color.

Feedback and Knowledge Base