Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. When replacing a symbol with another one let's say,
    An "Enabled text box" with a "Disabled text box"
    If Enabled text box has a overridden label called "First name" which gets lost when replacing the enabled version with disabled version of the text box symbol.

(Since many of the symbols which are created for different states share the same components like, label, value etc.)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. This helps in organising images and icons within a set boundary. Making a shift from Figma after the auto-animate feature.

This is one area which XD is lacking and making me go back and forth between the two applications.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The idea would be to make a website so people can see the plugin's functionality in detail and images/video for plugin in adobe xd. The idea would be similar to the slack apps site, github, electron, etc.

I believe this would greatly help the use of plugins, even to fully understand the functionality of the plugin and download only those that you will use.

I mention this because of the experience I have in using these other services and their plugins / apps, regarding the use of plugins with adobe xd, which does not detail both their plugins.

I think…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Desperately need to add natural cursor behavior to the demos when they are being recorded. When I just play the demo, it behaves as it should. BUT as soon as I click the record button, it switches to that weird circle thing that doesn't represent a true desktop user experience and actually makes navigation more difficult. This seems like a no-brainer and people have been asking it for it for years.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. A better way to create sections for screens like Invision and Zeplin.
    Current way is making it difficult for developers to track down screens.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Need to be able to create fractions for math equations - like in Illustrator and inDesign where you select type, click a button and the numbers are formatted into and editable fraction (ie 2/3 reformatted to a proper fraction setup) - very necessary and a huge time saver

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I'm working on an app that's full screen and should extend to/under the notch area, as marked red in the attached image.

The Adobe XD Android app does not allow this, it stops right under the notch instead of taking the full screen, like YouTube does for exemple.

Being able to preview how our designs interact with the notches is a must. I'm using a Nokia 7.1 (same device as in the attached image).

Thanks!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. On Windows 10, tested on Win 10 v1803, Adobe XD 14 (but also in previous versions), the size of the window resets to a certain size (coming from the "start/splash screen"). The size annoyingly also resets whenever an existing file gets opened. However, this size means that, e.g., the plugins submenu in the hamburger icon gets below the fold, which is annoying to me as a user and as a plugin developer regularly accessing this menu.

Since all other Windows applications I know remember their window size, I'm filing this as a bug (if it's intentional, please see this as…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When exporting to AE - anything that is a gradient gets rasterized even if the object is vector.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add more information to the character styles in the asset library, ie. weight and color

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. You should be able to fill nested repeat grids with individual data. The topic has been posted before (https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/13592076-texts-in-nested-repeat-grid-s-all-elements-chages) but did not receive a lot of attention. However I do see a lot of potential here, when working with complex tabular interfaces.
    One simple use case I came across today is designing a calendar where you design a grid for the months in a year and an nested grid for the days in a month.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. What we usually do.. like adjusting line height, Letter space, different heading space, icon size, dpi, generating design for different screens.

So we can have a guidance to do the same.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be great if XD had a shape builder like Illustrator to more easily build more complex shapes. This would allow me to stay within just one application instead of having to use multiple applications. The standard boolean operators just don't cut it.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When the user wants to record the prototype that has voice trigger and voice action speech playback, when saving to mp4 video, it will also include the voice or the speech on the video.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Maybe a XML file that set the colors of the UI.
    Example:

<themes>
    <theme name="Monokay">
    <toolbarIconsColor>#fff</toolbarIcons>
    <toolbarBackgroundColor>#000</toolbarBackgroundColor>
    <propertiesBackgroundColor>#000</propertiesBackgroundColor>
    </theme>
    </themes>

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow importing svg elements with SVG filter blur to be converted to XD object blur

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. There needs to be a better way or an alternative way to download assets from the design specs for developers. Right now, you would have to set each asset on each page to be able to be downloaded. This works great for a single page, but when you have a ton of pages representing either different states or different parts of the flow, it's hard to remember or even know which page you can download which asset from.

Most assets that get used are made into symbols, so it would be great to be able to set the symbols to…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It gets a little crazy when there are a lot of objects and a lot of groups. It would be really cool if you could drag down through the lock/visibility icons like you could in Photoshop or Illustrator to very quickly show/hide or lock/unlock a series of items instead of having to keep creating deeper and deeper groups.

Thanks.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Symbols are fine when all instances are the same size, like on mobile.

When designing for the web, we tend to create classes for everything and reuse them in various components that may NOT be the same size. We define stuff like a button's colour, border radius, text style and so on, but we do not define width, height etc.

Right now XD is does not let us be productive when designing such interfaces.

This is all implemented very nicely in InDesign's Object Styles, albeit with much more detail there.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)