Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Art board Navigation: Ctrl/Cmd + 1 should zoom on to the art board selected.

The Art Board navigation should match the functionality of Illustrator.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I understand your request. However, XD has a more generic “Zoom to Selection” command, with a keyboard shortcut of Cmd+3 (Ctrl+3), that applies to any selection, including an artboard.

Cmd+0 = Zoom to fit all
    Cmd+1 = 100%
    Cmd+2 = 200%
    Cmd+3 = Zoom to Selection.

2. Installation Adobe XD must be avelible at old version iOS

I use iOS 10.11 but if I want install XD on my Mac I show this:
    Sorry XD won’t run on your OS. To continue you’ll have to upgrade. See system requirements

Why Adobe programmers cheating me? I can't upgrade my iOS to new version, because it can't work stable for me & I don't like do that! But Adobe programmers think that's cool idea - force users to install some updates.

This is sucks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. add support OS X El Captain please !

would it be possible to add OS X El Captain support because some macs couldn't run on sierra or more can run Adobe XD CC without any problems (e.g.: Macbook Pro 2008 Intel dual core 2.5ghz 4GB RAM and NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 512 MB ).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. XD compatibility: Making XD Compatible with Windows 10, Version 1607, OS Build 14393.2608

XD is not compatible with our OS, Windows 10, Version 1607, OS Build 14393.2608. Changing our OS will cost us a lot of time per employee and we are begging you to make XD compatible with our (very standard) OS.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your request! We changed the minimum version to take advantage of critical bug fixes in the operating system. Furthermore, Windows 10 version 1607 reached the end of the support this year. We’re not expecting to backport to this previous version.

5. Artboard width and height.

The Artboard width and height has Physical width and height of mobile phones. Shouldn't be the resolution of the phone. While exporting the screens in png and viewing it in phones. The resolution is small. Because the physical size of the phone and resolution of the phone differs. Just a small thought

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for inquiring! Unfortunately, this is not how mobile phone OSes (or developing for mobile OSes) work. Often, these devices have what’s called a virtual pixel or a virtual point. A great explanation of this is in the Apple HIG guideline.

XD actually supports this quite well through its export workflow. You can read more about this here: https://medium.com/thinking-design/protip-exporting-assets-in-adobe-xd-c586996de703

Hope that helps!

6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! This placement is intentional, as it combines the icons based on the orientation of the selected objects. You can read more about it here: https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/building-project-comet-designing-the-designers-tool/

感谢您的反馈意见! 该位置是故意的,因为它将基于选定对象的方向的图标组合在一起。 你可以在这里阅读更多关于它的信息:https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/building-project-comet-designing-the-designers-tool/

此消息已经过机器翻译。

7. Open older Sketch files

古いXDファイルも開けるようにしてほしいです

古いXDファイルも開けるようにしてほしいです。
    新しく追加したskecthファイルなら開けるのですが、あらかじめDLしていたsketchのUIキットなどは開けません。(フォトショは開けました。)

アップデートお待ちしております

I'd like you to be able to open old XD files as well.
    You can open it if you add a newly added skecth file, but you can not open the sketch UI kit etc which you had previously done DL. (I opened the photo shop.)

We are waiting for updates

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

ご意見ありがとうございます! 残念ながら、SketchはSketch 43までファイル形式を開かなかったので、古いファイルを開く方法はありません。

このメッセージは機械翻訳されました。

Thank you for your feedback! Unfortunately, Sketch did not open its file format until Sketch 43, so there is no way for us to open older files.

8. Editing comments as a guest user in Prototypes.

This feature is only available to paid Adobe CC users.
    I have been a paid Adobe user for over 12 years yet I can't have a client edit a comment that they made on their prototype.

What if my client changes their mind on the comment they made and wants something different? They have to pay Adobe?

I really think this is ridiculous... I am trying really hard to stick with Adobe but with things like this tripping up my ability to provide a good service to my customers, wasting both my time and theirs... I am forced to look…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Adobe IDs are free to sign up for, and one does not need a paid account to comment on a shared XD prototype. If your client does not wish to create an Adobe ID it is also possible to sign in to comment with a Google or Facebook account.

Hopefully this helps!

9. Disable "allow comments" button when "open in fullscreen" button is selected.

It's not possible to open in full screen AND allow comments, but both options can be selected.

Seems like if you check "open in fullscreen" that the "allow comments" option should be unchecked and greyed out. May be worth switching the order too so that the as you go down the list, a later choice doesn't affect an earlier choice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! We never lock you into full screen when you launch the shared prototype, which means that you (or your client) can press Esc to exit back into the main viewer. From there, you can still add comments, so we don’t disable comments when you enable full screen view.

10. Missing a smart back button

A smart key is missing to return to the previous screen without having to copy and paste many screens

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Pt to px calculations

I love the publish design specs but now when you choose points and pixels for text styles the number stays the same, which is incorrect. Would love to see point to pixel conversions. I always have to look them up to get the sizes right in my style guides. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Prototype in Photoshop and Illustrator

With the lack of implementing old school basic features. I wonder why Adobe just don't integrate the Prototype mode into the there existing tools like AI and PS and quit the XD.

We don't need more apps with inconsistencies between them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! Adobe XD was created specifically for screen designers in mind, optimizing for their experience. Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign were all created with other use cases in mind – like for print and publication. In addition, as Corey pointed out, starting from scratch gave us the additional benefit of being able to make a highly performant program with the latest technologies.

Elaine

13. Keyboard shortcut to launch interaction pop up

Key command to go directly to «Target» dialog box.

I want to be able to launch the interaction pop up after selecting an object with a keyboard shortcut.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Forget XD and develop Indesign XD

While I appreciate what is happening with the development of XD - MOST of the design features being requested already exist in Indesign - Surely the Techs can modify Indesign so that it behaves like XD is meant to. It will be far easier to shift thousands of Indesign learned users to an 'Indesign XD' forat than to try and learn a new application that so far doesn't even come close to the abilities of Indesign. Does adobe have a clear idea who they're designing this for? Because as far as Im concerned this is the future of what a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! We’re designing XD for screen designers, and leveraging a tool like InDesign (while an excellent tool), is kind of like cutting an orange with a katana – they’re different tools for different purposes. While there are things in InDesign that make perfect sense for print, they don’t make sense for screen design, and we wanted to build a new tool to meet the specific needs of those designers.

You’re more than welcome to hit up the InDesign forums and suggest they add prototyping features to the product, but I think they’d have the same perspective: different users, different products.

-Elaine

15. Linked file not accurate on mobile

Would be awesome if the a client could open the link you send them and when it opens it doesn't have the web search bar on top and the navigation bar at the bottom. This way they are seeing the prototype the way you want them to see it. See images.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Unfortunately it’s not technically possible to remove the navigation header and footer on iOS. However if you add the link to the home screen, then it will appear with the navigations bars (although the status bar will still be shown).

16. Adobe Creative Cloud Mobile Apps-Xd, is not compatible with my iPad mini, 1st Generation

Compatible with iPad mini 1st generation, as is Comp, Sketch, Draw, Spark, Preview, Clip, etc...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  08 : Mobile (iOS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Illustrator "Show Import Options" always on.

HI,
    I wish that Illustrator "Show Import Options" on the import window options tab, could be left always on. It turns off when working with new documents. Cannot find any preferences regarding this.
    Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Just because an item isnt upvoted doesnt mean it shouldnt be built.

The system here seems to rely only on community involvement to decide which items get put in the backlog.

There are tons of features that your team can create and add value

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Let me reassure you that our use of UserVoice isn’t a popularity contest. We do look at ideas that only have a small number of votes to evaluate whether or not we want to do things, and of course we hear things from users in person as well as through interviews. Don’t be discouraged if your idea only has one or two upvotes!

I am, however, going to close this idea as not a feature. :)

-Elaine

19. hide the OS menu bar

When the prototype is added to the homescreen on iOS, you should be able to set it so it opens over the top of the OS menu bar.

This is useful because the artboards are created at the size of the device screen, but when you load the prototype, all that does is make the screen slightly too large so it does an annoying little scroll, or knocks the elements off the bottom when they should fit perfectly.

Other web-based services allow this so you'd expect it to be a basic feature when designs are encouraged at the full viewport…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-declined  ·  1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Duplicated artboard added after original one in the list

This is just a minor improvement but useful:
    I'd like that, when I duplicate an existing artboard, the new one appears right below the duplicated one in the artboard list (and not at the top every time). Currently its a bit annoying having to always drag it down to either the end of the list or below the one I just duplicated.
    I consider that this is a more common use case and more intuitive than always adding it on the top.

Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base