Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

37 results found

1. As Sketch already do... Possibility to copy css attributes by right clic (like gradient attributes,...) and paste it into a code editor.

704 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

With the August 2019 release, we’ve enabled the ability for developers to copy css attributes from design specs links.

Thanks for the support and keep the feedback coming on how we can further deliver more value through such code snippets in XD

2. Nothing more complected simply add Extract css from design as given in illustrator its very important other wise now day's it's simple to design in XD and very difficult to Develop application from xd assets because of no css export option in it, Please include this.

693 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With the August 2019 release, we’ve enabled the ability for developers to copy css attributes from design specs links.

Thanks for the support and keep the feedback coming on how we can further deliver more value through such code snippets in XD

3. How can we export Hover states to development?
    In the specs there is only one state in the component. How will development see all states?

405 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. If I started prototyping and publish design specs without the prototype linking all the screens the design spec shows only the screens that are linked in the prototype. The specs link doesn't get updated even if I remove all the links.

370 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please create the option to download assets as JPGs from design specs. As of right now, there are only options to download as PNG or PDF. JPG seems pretty odd to exclude. Additionally, it would be great if you could have the ability to control your batch export preferences.

199 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. On the design specs mode, I should be able to direct developers to where a specific asset is. Sometimes I want to attach a link to an asset (if it's common use, a logo hosted on S3 for an example), sometimes the dev needs to be able to download the asset (be it an image already scaled to 1x, 2x, etc or the code of an SVG to embed into a page) and the third case is that I need to attach some free text (for example a path on our local server or the icon code on font awesome…

190 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

With XD’s 11.0 release (which happened moments ago), we’ve made this feature live.

You can now save time and give developers the ability to extract and download assets from Design Specs. Mark layers as assets for export and send as a Design Specs link. Developers can download all the assets in the file format they need

As always, please do let us know about what you think of this feature and feel free to log the improvements that you’d like to see in this workflow as new requests at https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests?category_id=323330

Thanks,
    Harish

7. Great to see design specs working! Will add some ideas for it here. The first of them is:

As a designer, I need to send to developers a link with the working prototype and another with the design specs. Would be great if I could share a single link and design specs and prototype worked as tabs on that page.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is now available in the latest design specs links published from XD 21.0 onwards.

Now you can share a single design specs link with developers that includes both prototypes interactions and design specs. This saves your developers time as well as enable you to better communicate your design intent.

8. I'd love to see a way for for Enterprise customers whose companies have chosen not to permit sharing to be able to take advantage of the Design Specs feature. We need a way to export a local file that shows the specs that we can share on our internal, private networks. Without this, your largest customers are still left drawing design specs by hand.

105 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We seem to have missed marking this done when it was actually completed! For those enterprise customers who have sharing disabled, you can now work with your CSM to enable local publish. Please note that none of the services will be connected, which means that you will not be able to comment.,

9. There has been a recent change to the share for Dev view. We relied on that view to express flows. Now it is in a grid similar to Zeplin. I get the change, but not the removal. It would be great to be able to switch between the two. This way individual assets are still quickly accessed and the flow can also be expressed. Our devs were looking at the linking and able to view the overall flow. This was determined to be extremely helpful.

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When you are working with many different fonts it's handy to name them to keep check of what you are working with. However when uploading the design specs to hand over to the developer, it lists the font styles WITHOUT the custom names.

Please can you upload the style names too?

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Developers and designers where I work would love to get a place on the new Design Specs feature where they would add comments against artboards or even an element on a page.

Maybe even code snippets and links to external systems to look at feedback from a client or user group.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With XD’s most recent update, Design Specs now has the same great commenting feature as prototypes. Developers can comment on specs and you’ll be notified. Any updates, changes, or replies you make will automatically show up when they refresh their browsers.

Thank you for upvoting feature here in Uservoice. Request you to please play around with this feature and as always keep the feedback coming.

12. When the developer clicks an element, the layer name is not shown. Today he can only see the type of that layer ("Rectangle", "Text", "Group", etc). If the layer name was shown the designers could append information on that layer like the asset name or the color variable that should be used on that element.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Whenever, you click on a layer in design specs, the layer type and name are displayed in the Design Specs properties inspector

13. At the moment, my development team do not have an adobe subscription, and I often work with external organisations who also do not use adobe either.

As a result, I need the ability to share a public link to the design specs so that they can access it.

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It's great to have the component at last. But now I need to communicate the component name with the developers. for example: the values of a certain text are not interesting - they only need to know its class (is it H1, H2...?)

Swatches already have the name (only on hover, why?) in the specs, so it's obvious you did recognise the need for that.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Description:
    The generated url to a design spec should be password protected optionally .

Value:
    It is important that the customers data is handled properly. A password protection for the exchange of design specs can be an argument for or against the use of a layout software.A feature liek this would provide further arguments for using Adobe XD.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Show layout grids on artboards when in development mode - how this feature (https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/inspect-design-specs.html#Viewandinspectlayoutgridproperties) was removed as a feature with update 24.x boggles me...

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. For an example, when I have some bold text inside a paragraph, the design specs for that paragraph should state that not only that text is Arial 12px but also has some bold inside.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hard to view specifications of every element in a group/layer. For developers it seems better not to group anything, so they can view every item and layer (like overlays, highlighted text, etc.). But even then one cannot see all colors of the layers in one element (when you show different states of button, you add a 30% black overlapping layer on top of a color). A solution would be to show all layers, and make them selectable.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve now introduced right-click as well as ability to hold CMD to drill down on layers. With these two features, one can select any layer in the artbaords that you are inspecting

19. Why assets inside components aren't available to download?

We need all assets inside any state of a component to be available to be downloaded.

Right now: Assets inside component states are not available to download, only assets inside the default state are available.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show layout grids on artboards on the design specs pages.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1