Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. sharing prototypes and design specs to clients without a creative cloud account

currently users can only view prototype and specs only if they have a cc sign on. I would have to say a majority of our clients do not have CC.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Column / Layout Grids available in the Design Specs

Developers often need to know the amount of columns that an element takes in the layout. It would be perfect if instead of making a preview artboard with columns as shapes we could use a toggle that will allow developers to see what we used when we designed a specific layout.

Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow downloading images from web viewer

Allow easy downloading of images from the web view. It looks like the app deliberately obfuscates this ability (right click -> download image is not possible in browser).
    Seeing as there is no built in version control or reference ID for version of images, downloading images is necessary to take snapshots of progress.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Comment archive

Could you implement a link called 'Solved', that after clicked it that comment go to a archive list comments. It's because I want to control what I did and what I have as a suggestion (comments).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Guest Log-In (no log-in) for reviewers only

Adobe keeps saying this issue is resolved. It's not. Please allow an Adobe XD creator to share an XD preview without the reviewer (client) having to have an Adobe account or log in. Should be as simple as click the link for a preview. And they should be private. (password optional). Same as Google Drive sharing "Anyone with link can view".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the response. You should be able to create a public prototype that does not require a login (equivalent of “anyone who has the link can view”), AND you can create a password-protected link that does not require a CC account (“anyone who has the link + the password can view”).

If you create a public prototype, it is NOT searchable, but similar to Google’s “anyone with the link can view,” if someone else gets a copy of the URL, they can open it to view. That’s likely why you were told that it was publicly accessible – it’s technically true, and we need to ensure you know that it’s very hard to find due to our long URLs, but not impossible to do so.

Hope that helps!

6. Allow guest commenters to be notified when I reply to their comment.

If my client leaves a comment on my prototype, I would like them to receive an email when I reply. Right now, they have to always go back to the link and go through each page to see if I've left a message, or I need to email them to let them know I've responded. It would be much easier if they got the same type of email I do as owner, where I'm notified when a comment is left on my prototype.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Once a change is made, allow to "update-link" without closing document

I am able to open a file and make changes, then update the LINK under sharing.

However, after making another change, there is no option to "update" the link. I have to close the file and re-open to update the link with those changes.

My suggestion is each time the user clicks the "Share" button, to have the file check and see if any changes have been made. If so, allow to update-link. If no changes are seen, then gray it out until a change is made.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Prototype viewing - can window resize to current viewable art board size

When viewing a prototype in a browser (from a link) let's say we start off at a mobile size. Then when we click through to the desktop version can the viewport resize to the bounds of the art board dimensions please? The same would be in reverse: if you started off looking a desktop prototype and then clicked through to the mobile version, could the viewport resize to the art board bounds please?

It's a pain to have to keep resizing this when with clients or when looking at prototypes across various device sizes.

Thanks

James

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Invite to private prototype without sending an invitation email

I would like to be able to invite stakeholders to private prototypes (Share for Review in particular) without sending them an email that they were invited. I am inviting a large audience of folks and my company has alternate means of broadcasting this invitation. This could be a "send emails" checkbox option when inviting users to a prototype (see attached image).

My use case:
    When a design is ready for review, I create an internal document (outside of the Adobe system) detailing the proposed feature set. This document contains a link to the prototype for users to be able to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. Right now, the easiest way to do this is to invite yourself and forward the link that is created in the Email to your stakeholders. Once they click on the link, they can request access using their own (free) Adobe IDs. As for the rest of them, it sounds like you have about 3-4 different requests in one ticket, which makes it hard to merge with other similar requests in the database. I’d suggest that you go back and file each one separately so that your ideas have a better chance of getting traction!

10. Space for publising and development links

It would be great to be able to check the used/remaining space for links. I have been told that there are 100GB space for links but I would need to know how much of that I am using or I have left because I am getting error 44:47 because of space problems...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Prototype comments panel missing

Saw error 69:-1 when updating a prototype a few minutes ago. When viewing the currently active link I could see past comments but could not resolve the comment. Now I can publish but when viewing the link the comments button / panel is gone (allow commenting was checked in the publish settings). Have a running history of comments from client and needed to view them and resolve specific ones

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Review Update / New Link is creating wrong link from a different XD file

This is an issue - and I don't know how to bring it up! This is happened multiple times. I'm trying to create a new link for Review of prototype, and XD is creating link from another XD file (that is closed). I've made sure to change Title of link and restarted XD and still same issue. Please help.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make Share for Review More Interactive

When I share for review, the uninitiated will tab through it like a PDF. We should hide pagination buttons like Figma and InVision do. So the business quits paging through it and actually interacts with the prototype.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Erro 3183:-1

I am unable to share for review, the following error appears: Error 3183: -1

How can I solve it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Keyboard trigger not working in web if assets hidden

BUG:
    To allow convenient keyboard triggers over entire prototype it is necessary to add hidden buttons/elements on each artboard. Every button is allowed to have only one trigger (feature request already exists for this problem).

Keyboard keys (windows) working fine if in preview mode.
    BUT if sharing on web they don´t work anymore IF the "buttons" are set to invissible.

Workaround: move VISSIBLE buttons with trigger to lowest layer so that they can be hidden behind something in front.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 閲覧パスワード入力について

コメントを確認するたびに閲覧パスを入力するのが面倒です。ログインしているときは省略できるようにしてほしい。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Since private invitations seem to work, I am closing this ticket.

個人的な招待状が機能しているように見えるので、私はこのチケットを閉じています。

このメッセージは機械翻訳されています。

17. Allow choosing UI language in the online shared prototypes and specs

Because of my location (Germany) all my shared prototypes and design specs have UI in German, which makes collaboration with non-German speaking colleagues and stakeholders difficult.
    Please add an option to choose UI language for online shared prototypes and specs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Layout mit domain verbinden

kann ich mit Adobe XD webdesignen und mein design mit einer domain auf einem server veröffnetlichen oder dient das programm nur zu vorschauzwecken ?

LG,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, XD is only for prototyping and not for generating actual websites. If you’re interested in generating websites, you should upvote this story:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13057005

Leider ist XD nur für das Prototyping und nicht für die Generierung von Websites gedacht. Wenn Sie daran interessiert sind, Websites zu erstellen, sollten Sie diese Geschichte aufgreifen: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13057005

Diese Nachricht wurde maschinell übersetzt.

19. Resolved/Unresolved comments in same view

I may be delusional, but I think I remember this being the way it was originally, but.... I would like a way to see Resolved and Unresolved comments in the same view, with the pins being different colors on the page. Three filters: "Resolved", "Unresolved", "ALL". As it is right now, I can only see either Resolved or Unresolved comments on a page.

Thank you for such a great product! It has really helped our collaboration tremendously.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Integrate uservoice into XD prototype

Currently there is no way to directly share the feedback from the XD prototype web app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base