Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. Live preview is only on iOs.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. We need an easy way of organizing artboards by user flows. I have multiple projects with 100+ pages and mutliple flows within them. When you do prototypes for functional things, you can't always just make one big prototype. Due to different user roles, states, etc. They can't be connected and you end up having mutiple flows to account for when you go to publish. Its all a big pain to manage.

My current workaround is to visually group my artboards together and put a big label above them for identification (see screenshot). I then add a "table of contents" menu…

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

With Aug (XD 32) release of Adobe XD, we now have added the ability to Share varied user journeys with “Multiple flows”.

Designers can now create and share multiple prototype flows in a single XD document. You can set different Home artboards to prototype flows in a document and publish various links. Check these links for more details. Hope this helps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TbbMeM650g

https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/xd/user-guide.html/ca/xd/help/whats-new/2020.ug.html#multiple-flows

3. It make more sense if Fixed Position on Prototype mode instead of Design which designer tend to arrange the "move" and flow there

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Need to share Adobe XD assets library to other CC users. Not only Illustrator CC libraries, but XD colors/fonts/symbols lybraries. It's a must!

212 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

With XD May release, now you could create a single source of truth for all your colors, character styles, and components in an XD cloud document and reuse all your assets in your XD documents.

With the linked assets feature, you can easily share and consume not only components — or what was formerly known as symbols — but colors and character styles as well. This is incredibly handy if you are sharing sticker sheet with your team or reuse design elements across projects.

Linked Assets complement the workflow of linked components. When you modify a linked asset in the source document, all the consuming documents with those linked assets receive update notifications. From there, you can choose preview and accept the updates.

Please give it a try and let’s us know what you think

To learn more about this feature check out:
    letsxd.com/whats-new
    helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/linked-assets.html

5. since overlay feature released so why not to add a time for that overlay for instance when i click on CTA button overlay popup for specific time i define for 2 seconds then disappeared by itself.
    that's like a toast in web design terms simple real life example for this in youtube when you like a video there's a toast/popup show in the bottom left of the screens tells you that you liked this video.
    that's gonna be really cool for both website and mobile app to show you if your purchase has bee successfully done or your new settings…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. There should be an option in the panel to increase the size of the bounding box and the way it snaps to the grid and content around it. The side panel (where user enters text size) should have a way to pad and add margins on all sides of a box or only certain few. This would translate better in the design specs as well as it would get designers in the mindset of a developer more explicitly.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hi,

I love XD but I do have one comment when updating the button to create a new link is right next to it, and it's been many times that I click the create a new link by mistake and then I need to resend the last link and or add all the emails to the invite list. Should be good if there is a warning window that you need to double check before create a new link

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When object with applied asset color or font style is selected, highlight those assets in the left bar so I know which one is applied.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. If there is a paragraph where there text color is not everywhere the same, on the design specs you can view only one color and not the second one.

It would be nice and handy especially for the developers, to be able to see/pick all the colors that are used inside a paragraph placeholder on the design specs mode.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

his feature is now available in all design specs links published from XD 21.0 or above.

XD will now let developers select and inspect different text spans in a single text layer that includes multiple styles, including superscript and subscript styles.

You may see this video for all latest features we’ve shipped https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLfZICf8deo

11. It would be helpful if you were able to label the assets (symbols, colors, fonts) like you can in the Library panel so that you can easily tell which asset is for which feature in your project. For example, the ability to label a font choice as "Header" or "Subtext".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Currently pasting something is always placed on the top most position, that should be changed. Instead pasted elements should always be positioned above the currently selected layer.

Thansk in advance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would like to be able to position an overlay so that it is connected to a specific element regardless of whether that element is below the "fold". For tooltip, dropdown menus, and other interactive elements, overlays are awesome. However, in doing responsive design work for enterprise applications, there are many instances where a dropdown or tooltip will appear below the fold.

210 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As of MAX of this year, we’ve enabled component states, which will give you the flexibility you need to be able to create flyouts, dropdowns, and other interactive elements that will be contextual to its placement on the artboard. Check it out on letsxd.com!

14. Which basis you have define the Artboard sizes in Adobe XD?

If did you know which is the most usable mobile screen sizes / availability in market, please confirm.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Example: Character Style Title, menu option, tabBar option, etc

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like the ability to move an overlay through it's own transitions without impacting the underlying area.

For example, let's say you have a button that says Help.
    Click Help
    Overlay slides in with message box, asks a question.
    User clicks Yes. Msgbox transitions to a new box, but underlying background (not part of the transition) remains.

I have a problem like this where I have a drawer a user can expand over the contents to activate slides and switches. Problem is, once you start trying to use that toolbox, the background is lost.

Overlays seem to only be…

228 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We introduced the concept of component states, which can be used with overlays to enable the type of interaction you’re looking for. Definitely check it out on letsxd.com, and please feel free to file a separate ticket if you still need overlay states with the new functionality.

17. When I publish a prototype and share it with collegues or clients, they make comments on it. But as the owner of the prototype, only I get notifications when a new comment is made.

I like the new feature that allows us to publish private prototypes and invite people. They might get notifications on Adobe Creative Cloud, but even if they create an Adobe account, not all of them would download Adobe Creative Cloud or check the account regularly. It would be great if they also get the notifications by e-mail, like they get the invitation.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In case of any comment activity on a private link, reviewers are notified via email as well as creative cloud desktop app. This is already working today if you use the latest version of XD.

Note that email notifications go to any reviewer for that comment thread where activity is happening. You also have the ability to @mention specific reviewers on the private link.

• I would like to have the option of selecting how the background behaves when an overlay is being presented. this is important as I feel currently I'm restricted for the most part to 'Dissolve Transition' as it is weird showing the background sliding when included in the overlay artboard itself

• Additionally, combined with timed transitions, one can showcase notifications

• Lastly, the ability to select the option of whether the overlay is pinned on Viewport (current implementation) or Artboard (for dropdowns beyond screen cut-off)

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I'm a developer and we normally often get Photoshop files shared via Creative Cloud. Creative Cloud has an option on assets.adobe.com "Extract", this takes you to a screen when you can directly extract assets and download them as SVG/PNG etc.

As a developer I don't need to or want to delve into a graphics program to try and extract individual assets. I don't want to know about clipping masks etc. etc. I just want to be able to contextually extract assets as I'm building a website/app. Creative Cloud's Extract feature works well for this but there seems to be no…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

With XD’s 11.0 release (which happened moments ago), we’ve made this feature live.

You can now save time and give developers the ability to extract and download assets from Design Specs. Mark layers as assets for export and send as a Design Specs link. Developers can download all the assets in the file format they need

As always, please do let us know about what you think of this feature and feel free to log the improvements that you’d like to see in this workflow as new requests at adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-x..

Thanks,
    Harish

19. Please update the Apple iOS resource here:

https://developer.apple.com/design/resources/ to the latest version of iOS.

221 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The latest iOS12 XD UI Kit is now available on the Apple website and is reachable through the links within XD, on the start screen and the “Get UI kits” menu item. Thank you for your votes and patience as we worked through the issue.