Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. currently, you can only rename a component in list view. This should also be available in icon view

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Give us the ability to re-size master components after we create them. Currently if you add/change anything outside of the master component initial size, it gets masked off with no way to resize the master (and then all the instances) of the component.

110 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi XD Community -

Thanks for your feedback!

With XD’s August release, you could resize/move/add/remove objects inside a component, and the component bounds will automatically adjust to fit those objects.

Please give it a try and let us know what you think.

-Sherif

3. It would be beneficial for us to sort the Components list by name (Alphabetically). Reason being, when we attach the Cloud doc to a new project file, components seem to be in a random order. If we could re-sort the list alphabetically on each file, it would make organization of large counts of components much easier.

145 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I'd like to see extra info displayed on the Share panel. Things like when you made a new link and the likes. I constantly get asked if I've shared a link or updated a prototype and then I can't remember. Info like this will help me.

One other thing that would be nice is an indication when an update has been pushed successfully. Currently, when the update has been pushed there is no feedback visually or auditory to indicate such an action. Imagine a chime along the lines of After Effects when a render is done. The panel closed sometimes…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. i ve just noticed you removed the preserve scroll position from design. This is a horrible thing for me. Doing that forces me to prototype EVERYTHING.

for example: i have 100 artboards that are unconnected due to time saving ( i dont need to prototype everything ) but moving that button forces me to do it becaus now i cant make a quick preview for my client where he can scroll up and down. Now i will have to connect ALL 100+ boards together.

why? Because when you are EXPORTING for REVIEW or DEVELOPMENT
    only the connected boards are being…

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. There's nothing that I have found that indicates that a component is a master component or not, other than the green outline(instead of blue) only when selected, and right-clicking every component and seeing whether "Edit Master Component" exists or not in the context-menu. These two current indicators are not helpful at a high level because you have to select or click on each individual component instead of being able to see this information at a glance in the component/layers list.

The layer/component icon changes when the group is open(revealing the layers inside) or closed. This is not a necessary change…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It would be awesome to have a keyboard shortcut to quickly apply 0% opacity to elements.

As an example, I do this often to keep elements on the page and use them as anchor points in prototypes, despite them not being visible. #ghostbutton

Thanks for your time! :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When in Prototype Mode, sometimes elements are very far away on canvas.

Screen should scroll when trying to connect to Prototype Target.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I need to expand the bounds of a component while retaining the size of the content. This is helpful when changing the position of button prompts from inside to outside of the modal space.

When I try to resize the component it resizes the content inside, even when Responsive Resize is disabled.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When on the smaller screens (desktop and mobile) the Asset panel takes up a large space of the screen. Create possibility to collapse and open this, or make more mobile friendly.
    To be able to use to whole screen to only view the artboard, click on elements and see their specs on mobile and have space to create comments.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Provide UI kit for material design and iOS like Sketch has it in their software. There is no kit available anywhere for Adobe xd

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It's great to have the component at last. But now I need to communicate the component name with the developers. for example: the values of a certain text are not interesting - they only need to know its class (is it H1, H2...?)

Swatches already have the name (only on hover, why?) in the specs, so it's obvious you did recognise the need for that.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When editing with other users, it will be easier if there was a radio button that says "Always Accept Changes" so that we don't have to accept changes every time because it's a bit distracting.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Easiest way by far to share colors & text style across documents. Should work like symbols - update Master in Master doc, propagate changes from master to children

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. After update this dialog box confuses and I find its very complicated. Please use system UI instead of this new one. Because I rename the file and when I hit enter it saves in last location without asking me.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  16. We need to add multiple ways of moving from one screen to another. Currently the only way to do this is to add the interactions to various elements on the artboard, which makes it difficult to find where those interactions are.

For example, to move from artboard A to artboard B, a user could press Home, Down or say "Artboard A". I can only add one of these interactions to the artboard as a whole at the moment.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Consolidation, iteration, etc would be improved by allowing wires to be copied with artboards as they are moved between documents.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is already possible in Adobe XD. If you copy the selected artboards while in the Prototype mode, when you paste them, their wires and defined interactions will be retained. If you copy and paste while in Design mode, then the wires and interactions are not retained.

18. It would be very helpful if it was possible to simply export a self-contained HTML demo from Adobe XD. This means it would export all artboards as HTML pages, with links available between them as defined in the Prototype mode into a single folder on my computer. No need for internet access, cloud access, or enterprise security accommodations... just an export to a local folder.

From there, I can decide the best means to share it with users or other stakeholders, using whatever means my company allows.

Please.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Support for groups in the Creative Cloud Libraries panel like photoshop would be great!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. You should be ashamed guys...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)