Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1042 results found

1. There should be a way to see the name of an asset on the Canvas. Currently there is no way to know the name of any asset (or in the case of colors and text styles, if an asset has even been applied) with out locating the asset in the panel and selecting "highlight all on canvas". This is very inefficient. A simple tooltip hover or shortcut (like alt to display measurments) would simplify the process.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Most of the time I find myself trying to replace only one picture but all pictures on the grid get replaced. I know it's a use case but please give be a modifier while replacing the picture because I need to build my own order one by one and this is not possible. In order to do this I need to ungroup the grid and then all the magic is gone.

And it's completely inconsistent: I can replace a single text on a box by typing but can't do it with another element of the same group (picture)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Eyedropper tool for colors, forms, font… to apply the same parameter from an existing object.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Idea is how we can use artboard like navigation bar again and again. Example navbar-artboard can be set to render Artboard A and B top and on A side it is fixed when B side it is not. But If you make changes to navbar itself, example the menu items then the both changes will be mirrored to artboards A and B.

Another change is how we can prototype changes to wanted artboard. Lets say we have 3 artboards: MainWindow, Navbar and Popup. I can set into Navbar to mirror on MainWindow then I can prototype Popup to Navbar to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I'd like to see more options for typography, such as all caps, small caps and opentype features.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Uma das minhas funções preferidas no photoshop é poder selecionar camadas de usando CTRL + Click. Assim eu posso trabalhar de forma mais livre ao arrastar objetos pelo palco. Gostaria dessa função disponível no XD.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As we haven’t heard back in about three months, I’m closing this as inactive. Please feel free to file this again if you’re still having problems!

Como nós não ouvimos falar em cerca de três meses, estou fechando isso como inativo. Por favor, sinta-se livre para arquivar isso novamente se você ainda estiver tendo problemas!

Esta mensagem foi traduzida por máquina.

8. 1.1. Right now, it is hard to manage overrides. Please can we have it on the right hand menu when selecting a symbol so we can override from there?
    1.2. Also Can we have available other symbols of the same family with the same dimensions? (to swap easily between different state buttons for example as shown)
    1.3. Last but not least it would be great if by the same token there was an easier way to replace images within a symbol other than drag&dropping from an outside folder, which is a bit WTF
    2. As of now it takes too…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Is XD going to keep getting keyboard shortcuts to increase efficiency when designing? I have photoshop shortcuts memorized so I'm much faster in Photoshop than I am in XD because most things have to be done with the mouse right now. It would be nice to have a keyboard shortcut to open the window to change colors of objects and text, keyboard shortcuts like photoshop has to change leading and kerning for text, etc. Anything that can be done to minimize having to go to the right sidebar every time for changes. I didn't see any way to scrub through…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion! We’re looking at keyboard shortcuts where they make sense. You can already use the same leading and kerning shortcuts from Photoshop. If you have specific keyboard shortcuts you’d like to see, please do file them as separate tickets so that we can better combine them with similar suggestions!

10. Be able to choose between an overlay that appears over the viewport or an overlay that is fixed to a specific position within the artboard. This way we can account for two types of overlays:
    1. Overlays that are persistent like menu navigations
    2. Overlays that are situational like dropdowns within a form

194 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This particular feature request was filed before we had robust states support, which enables you to create elements that fix to specific content, like flyouts, dropdowns, etc. If you’re still interested in this feature, please do file again with some examples of what you’d like to do with overlays that you don’t want to use component states for. Thanks! https://www.adobe.com/products/xd/learn/design-systems/components/make-menus-components-with-nested-hover-states.html

11. As long as I'm working in XD I don't want my Cloud Storage to upload the file I'm working on. Therefore it's necessary to lock it until I close XD. See Affinity Designer in combination with OneDrive for example.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. "Constrain Width and Height Proportions" setting is not remembered in an Action. Therefore, the Action will perform incorrectly if this setting has been changed since the Action was run. Make this option controllable within the Action.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Is there a way to reduce the size of the palettes? or hide them when showing file?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. currently users can only view prototype and specs only if they have a cc sign on. I would have to say a majority of our clients do not have CC.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Mirror your website onto the app

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like XD to be more like a lean version of illustrator. Why would you try a MeToo app of Sketch. Sketch is beta junk and only is relevant if you buy 15 plugins to make it do what? Act more like illustrator. Super short sighted team. Just lose all the 3d tools, iso drawing, brushes, filters and blending and stuff like that and you will have something meaningful. Keep the OWL man! What are you thinking? How many years have you implemented feedback on illustrator? Damn near 30 years. And all out with the bathwater DUMB.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. We’re very carefully considering the needs of our targeted designers and only including features that would benefit them in UX and UI design. If you have specific feature feedback you’d like to see, please do upvote stories in UserVoice.

-Elaine

17. Put info on downloading on your website. WHY use a link sent via email? I use a web-based email so that option was not available. I had to use chat to find out that ould download XD through the CC app on my Mac. Your agent was very good, but a little thought on your website designers would have made that unnecessary.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. OMG. have just rebuilt my SurfacePro4 last App to install Acrobat - thought I'd surf other products, got on https://www.adobe.com/products/xd.html#x
    Might have considered the product except:
    1. Video would not play in tab, new tab or new window;
    2. Then when tried to give feedback, talk about a NON-intuitive page.

Will be looking else where for video editing, website Dev. Already use Adobe forms and am very UNCOMFORTABLE how Adobe is the focus of web-forms we send out, not US.

Not a good look adobe, Not a good look.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. With some practice one can create navigation icons in XD, but it takes practice and a good amount of time if you want anything slightly better than a wire-frame level. I would love to see the ability to change the color of imported vector shapes. In other words, if import some vector mobile icons (simple shapes), I'd love the ability to change their color all at once.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. to work fluid with this tool i miss various things:

1. its hard to work with the paragraph-styles. when i click on a text the connected style should light up. i never know which style i am working on. also it looses connection to the style when changing color. do it like indesign - there it works perfectly.

2. when placing an image, XD shoul make a connection to the image and not implement it. because if i use the same picture multiple times and change something in the original, i have to place the image again in every position.

3. when placing…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks a ton for your feedback! Unfortunately, filing many different ideas together makes it very difficult for us to aggregate your feedback with other people who might have similar ideas. The good news is: most, if not all, of your ideas are already in the database and just need to be upvoted. For instance:

Hope that helps!

-Elaine