Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. Copy & paste the same artboard style (with exactly the same items on it) to another artboard. Also copy & paste the same item with the same position to another artboard (cmd + alt + shift + v) as in InDesign.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

If you select an artboard, copy and paste it, another artboard will be created with all the same contents.

If you copy an item from one artboard and copy it to another, the location of the item should match where it was copied from.

This is in our current update of XD as of this writing.

2. I am creating multiple slides at once. I am using it as a storyboard, so to speak. Problem is that I can't move from one part of the screen to the next slide like I normally would as a map (hand). Further complicating the problem is that when I re-size the screen, navigation gets more difficult (can't locate how far in the x and y access things are from each other). I wish the screen was easier to move around on.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. xd is amazing!!!!! thank u.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is possible today: just hold down Alt (aka Option) while dragging one corner handle. In the near future you will also be able to set separate corners from the properties panel, which should help make this easier to discover.

5. I would love to be able to work with my design team at the same time on the same file on different computers and instantly see changes made by someone else in realtime.
    Currently, we use Google Drawings to create wireframes because it allows us all to work in the same file at the same time and to instantly see changes made.

synchronous collaboration
    Google Docs

657 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m pleased to announce that we’ve introduced Coediting in its early form in XD 24. You can get more info on this beta feature on letsxd.com. If you have feedback for us, please do file them as separate tickets here on UserVoice!

6. The anchor link that target the specific part of the page. This is the significant user experience on web usability where user can "back to top" or can navigate (i.e. from menu bar) to the specific sessions without the need to scroll through entire pages.

3,460 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I tried copying and pasting a text box from illustrator to Adobe XD and two things happened.
    1 - The font weight changed and
    2 - Paragraphs were broken up into separate lines.

When I pasted a whole wireframe page from illustrator, all my bold text turned into regular and I had to select each line one by one to change it back to bold.

The other option was to outline the text before I copied / pasted it but then I couldn't edit it in Adobe XD.

It would be great if the text copied from illustrator matched /…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hi. Thanks for the opportunity to try out Adobe XD!

One thing that takes up a lot of my time designing is when I change the height of one object and have a lot of content beneath it. Then I have to select all that content beneath and move it regarding to the height change earlier. Well that I can live with. But...

... what about when you change the font size in one block. Then I would like that block to adjust the height according to the content. And I would like all the content beneath to automatically change…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I've started using XD in office for wireframing live projects.

Now when I record the prototype video, I often need to narrate what's going on - esp if it's a WIP. This would help to kick-off future conversations with the client in the right direction.

Hence a record 'mic audio' option in XD would be extremely useful.

145 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The ability to select colors by hex is paramount IMO. Most style guides use hex for web/mobile. Not to mention I have several hex colors memorized (self serving much... ;) )

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Rectangles and ellipses can be marked as "cropping". Such cropping containers will apply a cropping mask on anything put inside it. This should be a reversible behavior.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to copy wires along with assets. For example, if I have a home button that will always link to the same page, it would be helpful if I didn't have to wire the button each time. This would also be helpful when duplicating artboards so the links stay intact. For example, if I need to show a dropdown menu, I would do this by duplicating the artboard and adding a wire to the dropdown menu. In this case, I would want all the existing wires to stay the same.

264 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now paste wires with the objects in the May 2017 release of Adobe XD! Simply switch to prototype mode, and the objects will paste with their wires. You can copy and paste artboards with the wires between them intact, even to other files.

To check out the latest version, go to the Creative Cloud desktop app! If you don’t see the update, you can select the gear and click on “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

13. Enable 'fit to width' and scroll pages when previewing prototypes.

Currently the full screen preview fits the height of the design within your screen, so for long desktop pages, you can't mimic a browser experience.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Would love to be able to print out my screens. I know I can export assets and then print, but a one step print function would be awesome.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. What do you think about something like this:

Design mode while smart-object selected can show one more tab at app header with smart-object name. In the appearance panel at the right adds some fields while smart object is selected.

To edit smart-object you should open tab with it and work as before, except that artboards name is the name for different state

And You can place another smart object in a smart object ;)

1,501 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear XD Community -

I’m glad to announce that we have introduced the ability to add Interactive Component States in XD 24. This means that you could now add and manage your component states variations from a single component while enabling you to define Hover and Tap interactions between them.

We also preserve those states and interactions when you use those components across other XD documents. This means that you could have a single source of truth (Sticker sheet) for all your design system components with motion and interactivity baked into them. Any changes made to your master components in your source document will propagate to all linked components in all your projects so that your components are is always in sync.

To learn more about component states and how to get stated with them please check:
    https://letsxd.com/states

Watch out for many more improvements in this area in the coming…

16. Since you already started with scrollable area inside artboard, it would be awesome if we could define sticky header. For example, one page website has a lot of content, but I want to create sticky header so when I scroll down, it stays at the top. Maybe you could add the option so we can define the group and assign the sticky header option to it. That way on any artboard we can just assign that option to it and that's it.

5,545 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Fixed elements are finally here!! We’re incredibly excited to announce that you can select any top-level element in your artboard and click “Fixed Position” to fix your element anywhere in the viewport.

To learn more about this feature, watch the video here: https://youtu.be/3fWBkV5S6U4

Please do continue to file and upvote issues in UserVoice – your voice really does make a difference!

-Elaine

17. I really miss the (l) colorpipette/colorpicker shortcut. Because I now have too much (mouse/pen)movement to the right panel, in stead of doing all with shortcuts... This and more shortcuts from photoshop/illustrator like (z) for zoom.

332 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I attached an image explaining the idea. In short - cut our design time by 50%. When adding content to content blocks you almost always need to do the tedious task of selecting everything beneath and moving it to create space for the changes. I want to eliminate this task by using Dynamic content spacers. Just hover over a border and connect that border to another - lock it and type in your prefered px / point or % - your preference and voila. Every time you make changes the design just moves magically with all the content :)

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Would be nice to be able to switch between landscape/portrait modes when you start a new design (or even while working on an existing design).

Now all templates start as portrait views and you can only mimic a landscape orientation by creating a custom size template.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1,311 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)