Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dim background when preview window opens (presentation mode)

It would be a neat feature to be able to dim the artboards in the background when viewing prototypes so as you focus on the preview window.

This could be achieved by having a button next to the record button to toggle background on or off. The color of te icon changes to show it is selected.

It would be especially good for when you are recording a video for example, so that your are not distracted by your artboards in the background.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Layout and picture boxes, rulers and guides

The model for layout programs is to use layout boxes that you import assets into whether text or pictures. This what makes layout programs like indesign so flexible and powerful.

Mask with shape is absolutely the wrong approach.

Adobe has had the worlds best layout and design program in indesign for more than a decade now. The XD team seriously need to start paying attention to how things are done in indesign if they want to create a great product. Just because XD is for the digital workspace does not mean that the principals of what make a great layout…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Like Xd to the Flinto app

Like Xd to the Flinto app

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Native OS X UI when possible

I've noticed that Adobe is trying to use more custom UI elements in it's products which I actually find make them harder - not easier - to use. Products like Sketch have found a real following by using the UI elements and paradigms provided by the operating system. I think XD should use more of the OS UI so that it would feel like other apps that I use and be able to have updated UI styles as the OS is updated over time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The requests that have been in the comments thread are all related to existing stories in UserVoice. I’m marking this one as Action Required in order to close it out.

As noted in other comments in this thread, here are the existing stories you can upvote:

Thanks!

-Elaine

5. Good import for easier migrating to the platform

What is also crucial whenever a new platform comes is a transition to that platform. What if I have 100+ files in .psd or .ai or .sketch and I really like the new XD platform. That's almost 100% chance. For now, no platform have at least average solution for that. I have files in .ai but I want my team to migrate to .psd or .sketch... and it's time consuming mechanistic manual monkey job.

It would be great and ease the transition if XD will have:
    – Import to XD from .psd, .ai, .sketch with all the artboards
    – Import…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There are several different requests here, and I think a bunch of them are already tracked as their own individual suggestions:

Please upvote any of those that you need, so we can get a better picture of which are the most important.

You can already bring content into XD from all three of these tools by copy-pasting individual elements/layers. Some of the issues listed in the original request here seem to be related to poor fidelity or other problems when importing content this way. If you’re hitting issues like that, could you please file a new UserVoice bug report with as much detail as possible? Ideally, please share screenshots or even an actual AI/PSD/Sketch file that shows the problem.

Thanks!

6. preset

would be lovely to have downloadable presets containing a variety of editable assets like color templates, buttons, more transitions and animated effects!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Text Frame Options

Options for align text vertically, apply color settings to frame such as fill, border and padding like InDesign text frames.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. From China Baidu inc 's PM: values to users is result and efficiency , but there are some problem

设计的结果对于用户有核心价值,评判结果好坏有多个标准:其中很重要的就是美观度。用户想要达到好的美观度,有不同的效率,其实当前市场上很多同类产品都能达到很好的效果,但效率方面差别很大。下面几点是影响效率的重要因素:
    1.可DIY的默认设置:包括矩形的样子、快捷键、填充等等,可R+1代表第一类矩形,R+2代表第二类矩形,而这些都可以自定义设置。还有包括字体、画布、iphone背景、参考线等等,希望都能DIY默认情况。
    2.文字编辑,希望能够完善项目符号的功能,类似evernote的功能即可。这样PM就可以通过XD进行PRD的撰写。因为设计和方案往往是连带的。
    3.对齐策略,两个矩形对其时,其连接处将要重合的那条线,为什么不直接重合掉?还做了两条线,这样设计效率很低,每次还需要手动调整,影响最终的美观度。
    4.导出为PNG时,应该为高清晰度版,不要只是模糊版,因为设计师都苛求精致,作为作品输出时,必须要清晰的。
    3.可自定义元件库:其实在交互设计的过程中,很多样式都是很固定的那么几种,如果可以自己预先定义好,效率无疑非常高。

(translated)
    1. pre-defined style definitions for objects with fonts, background, guides, etc.
    2. typography: add bullet points
    3. Snap to overlap, not snap to side-by-side
    4. Export to PNG seems to be low-quality
    5. Customizable libraries

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback! We have been breaking up feature requests into smaller components, so it would help us if you could upvote on your features:

1. Style definitions: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12934134.

2. Bullet points: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/16073923

3. Snapping is dependent on the stroke, so what you’re looking for is stroke https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12942135

4. Please check that you’re exporting to the correct screen size. If you still see issues, please report them in UserVoice separately.

5. We’re looking at CC Libraries: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12930321. We also are working on Symbols at the moment: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12931467.

Please take a chance to vote on each if you still see these as features you would like!

-Elaine

9. Digital Ad Prototypes

I've been looking for a tool like this to prototype digital ads. I love that I can both import from PS and AI and publish to html for sharing. To make digital ads, we'd need:

• More animation options

• Animated objects

• Linked .psd and .ai files (so I can apply features in AI or PS and just use XD for prototyping

Not essential but helpful:
    + For others to be able to comment on the html prototypes

Thanks!!
    Kate

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’d like individual suggestions to be fine-grained so others can upvote the specific features they’re interested in, and we can get a better picture of which are most important.

Some of the ideas mentioned here have already been suggested separately. Please upvote these if they’re relevant to you:

I will close this request to keep our feature list tidy, but please feel free to file new individual UserVoice suggestions for any other ideas that we may have missed. Thanks for your feedback!

10. Paste to the same place in another project

The feature arrange > send to back doesn`t work properly.
    And I would like to paste copied things at the same place in another projekt.

But I think, its a great programm to show moch ups. Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. My request list

hi Adobe-Team!
    Great tool so far but there is room for more basic tools.
    - Rulers
    - move a pic in a frame (better crop tool)
    - more options at the text-tool (line hight, different text stlyes in one block)
    - bullet lists (styleable bullets)
    - stylesheets for different objects, text, ...

Thank you for your great work!
    greetings - chris

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hopefully you’ve seen a lot more improvements since we launched our first Preview, especially for typographic features!

I’m marking this as action-required, as we’d like for suggestions to be granular so that we can better aggregate them together. Please do upvote or file separate issues. Here are some suggestions:

Rulers: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/14160699
    Image repositioning within masks: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12930303
    Typographic improvements: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12927885

Thanks for your feedback, and hope to hear from you soon!

-Elaine

12. Lists and Tables

What I am missing while designing for the web with PS or AI is, the possibility to create lists (ordered or unordered) or tables or other stuff, that is possible with html/css.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

64 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Drag and drop vector files from desktop into canvas

Similar to photoshop.. I use this all the time and makes getting artwork in projects much easier

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Hotkeys

Hotkeys for:
    Eyedropper tool
    Toggle between Design & Prototype
    Switch fill & border colors (like shift+X in illustrator)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It’s really difficult for us to aggregate these multiple-feature requests. Please do file these as separate issues in UserVoice so that we can catch your vote!

BTW, the toggle between design and prototype is already in the product: Ctrl-Tab.

Thanks!

-Elaine

15. enable basic web effects!

great first impression but to make it use full there must be basic effects:
    slideshow (sticky as opption)
    pralax
    maybe hover
    please research the web what is state of the art!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I think most of the items listed here are covered by other feature requests already. Please upvote these if they fit:

In the future, please help us keep the feature request list tidy by filing each different feature as a separate suggestion. Thanks!

16. Love it! Please keep going!

I adore this effort! Thank you so much.
    Will definitely more features to be able to convert from other software to XDCC. A lot of them mentioned in the feedback from other users, but just to name a few: better text styling, symbols, importing color palettes and assets from illustrator and photoshop, rulers, responsive design (if you do this well, you'll rule over all digital design tools)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks a ton for your feedback! We’ll definitely keep on going. :)

I’m marking this as action-required; we’d love for you to either file these as separate issues inside UserVoice or simply upvote them so that we can aggregate individual feature feedback. This gives us a better view of what our community as a whole would love to see next!

Thanks,

-Elaine

17. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Prototyping + Testing

I just gave Adobe XD a try, and I have to say- I think it's a great start toward something I might use, but needs a vast amount of work in order to be a truly valuable tool. As a full-time UX/UI Designer, let me tell you what I'd like to see added to this program:

-The ability to, not only navigate form one page to another, but to add custom animations to that navigation (beyond just "push left" "dissolve" etc).

-The ability to create animations based on user behavior on a single page. For example, when a user taps…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re trying to keep the requests granular so that we can more easily aggregate feedback and get your vote counted correctly. I’m seeing four requests in here, some of which are already in the database. Please do upvote and add additional suggestions!

Custom animations: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12958827
    Prototyping logic: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13040145
    User Testing analytics: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13651005

-Elaine

19. Everything !

Every design options Sketch has (style, gradient, type,etc)
    Every Prototype options InVision has (gestures, links, etc, etc,etc
    Every Animation possibilities Principle has
    Every Animation possibilities InVision/Motion will have
    Every prototype options InVision/Silver flow will have.

Then you can start using the word "revolutionize"
    Because right now their is no way we can switch to that tool !!

I don't want to be rude, I'm sure its a great deal of work, but the promise was that it would be a one-time tool and it is far far far from that...

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks again for the honest feedback! If XD does not make sense to you, it’s totally ok to use the tools that make sense to your workflow. Hopefully, we will do a good job, deliver value with our monthly releases, and one day you can start using it for real work.

If you’d like to track the progress in the different areas you highlighted above, could you please break them down in separate feature requests? It would be more useful for you to get updates on the progress of each feature request, separately.

Thanks a lot.

20. Mouse scrolling around canvas maybe too sensitive.

When I scroll left,right,up and down it feels very sensitive and perhaps a little jerky when moving around the canvas.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base