Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. Hi guys, it would be great if you could physically interact with the prototype on a phone or ipad

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know that you can now preview, in real time, your #AdobeXD designs and prototypes, on iOS devices (iPhones and iPads) or Android phones (Android tablet support will land soon). Make changes to your design and see it reflected on all the devices you have connected. Add wires to your prototype and play with it to polish the experience, all within the same workflow.

View all the details here (blog post and video): https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/september-update-of-adobe-experience-design-cc-preview

Please give it a try and let us know what you think.
    Be part of XD’s journey on mobile devices, this is just the beginning.

Really looking forward to hearing your feedback!

2. Currently, pressing browsers back button exits the page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Right now XD is free to use, but eventually it has to make money for Adobe. From that perspective, Adobe can consider making it a freemium product. This will help address the scenario where large organisations cannot afford buying XD for all of their developers. Yet for the designers to use XD professionally there needs to be a practical way to seamlessly hand-over the XD designs to the developers.

The full-fledged version of XD with all features can be no doubt purchased for the designers within the organisations. However the developers can still access the XD files using the free…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Bridge with sympli for improving the share with developers.
    Sympli works in interaction with XCode and Android Studio, at moment is available only for Photoshop.

Enjoy: https://sympli.io/downloads/web

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

XD’s January 2018 update now supports integration with Sympli (as well as Zeplin, Avocode, ProtoPie, and Kite Compositor). Read more at https://theblog.adobe.com/introducing-popular-3rd-party-integrations-adobe-xd/

Sympli is only supported on Mac right now. If you’re interested in Sympli support with XD on Windows, please let us know by upvoting https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/33045637-sympli-integration-on-windows

5. Unless I missed something, there is no way to name the new export, and it will use the .xd filename and add the relevant extension (PDF, etc...)

Could we give it a different name so we don't have to overwrite, or create a subfolder?

This is useful when exporting a subset of artboards from the same project.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I noticed that the text box around text can be centered/aligned itself, but the text inside it is always at the bottom of the text box and not centered, making it hard to center/align text with other objects.

For example, if you create a rectangle for a button (see image), and add in a text box with some text that says something like "button," and center both together vertically and horizontally, the text will be slightly lower than center because the text is not centered inside the text box.

Some have already posted the idea of adding alignment tools, but…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Many times when exporting to PDF, while most assets may be vector there are some bitmap assets included (think a thumbnail image inside a UI)... while I have control over the pixel density at design time (I can use a larger bitmap and scale down) when I export, it always downsamples the image to 1x. Would be good to either downsample to 2x or not at all.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It would be great if XD could have an Extension that works with Sketch and Photoshop to export Artboards to XD - like you would do with Zeplin or Proto.io

The ability to import the exported dartboards into XD with all the assets sliced, imported and placed in their original/correct position, all groups and layers are preserved just like they were in the original design app.

This would be a massive time saver and speed up our workflow hugely

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

In our March release we’ve released the ability to open Photoshop & Sketch files in XD. After reading this thread, i think that feature is covering what was originally requested here.

Can you try it out and let me know if this is what you need?

How it works:
    You can bring your Photoshop or Sketch files into XD by simply opening a PSD or a .sketch file with the CMD-O command or by selecting “Open” from the “File” menu. Your file will automatically convert into a new XD file with your artboards, layers, and assets editable and at a high fidelity.

You can find more details about March release here:
    https://theblog.adobe.com/march-2018-update-adobe-xd/

Let me know your feedback.

Thanks,
    Dan

10. Ability to hide artboards in order to exclude them from exporting with all others.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It you have one or more artboards selected at the time you choose File > Export, the button in the save dialog box won’t say “Export All Artboards.”

The easiest ways to select an artboard are:

• Click the title of the artboard (you can shift-click to select multiple artboards this way)
    • Drag a marquee that fully encompasses one or more artboards

You can tell an artboard is selected when its title turns blue.

Here’s a quick screencast that shows both ways of selecting artboards: http://imgur.com/a/nKQyE

11. Add a direct link to a screen/artboard in a shared prototype: e.g. xd.adobe.com/view/prototype-id#screen-name.

Additionally, a list of screens (like in Axure) might be useful.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be excellent if one could export a prototype so it could then be hosted for web with HTML markup. The perfect example of this need comes in when we do usability testing.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When you select the previous art board option you are not able to change the animation mode and timing like other prototype links. Is this a bug? It's a shame and a problem in my estimation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I cannot seem to shift-and-drag objects 45 degrees and that seems like a fairly normal adobe feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Currently, Cmd-0 fits the entire XD set of Artboards into view. It would be nice that if an Artboard is selected, the same command will fit THAT Artboard into the view (similar to InDesign, where there are 2 commands, one for Fit All and one for Fit Page/Spread, but needing only one keyboard shortcut for both, purely dependent on what you have selected or not.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. This one will presumably have to wait until the layers panel comes to fruition, but it'd be nice if there was a label/breadcrumb at the top of the screen that told us which group was selected/in isolation mode. Pretty much exactly like illustrator's isolation mode breadcrumb bar, or maybe even simplified (after all, simplicity seems to be what XD is all about!), using just the standard breadcrumb chevron instead of icons.

I think this would be nice because I keep forgetting, or not realizing that I'm in isolation mode, then I end up drawing or pasting objects in to that…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I have the need to change the color of the characters in a line of text. For example, there is a link in a paragraph. The link only should be blue.

Should be able to do alpha on the text characters also.

I see that we have size and font style, but color is the most practical of all these.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I'd like to paste objects such as custom shapes from AI and PS (maybe other apps, too). I usually use this feature AI -> PS. For XD, would be perfect to transfer any psd file into xd file.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It is now possible to copy from AI/PS and paste into XD.

If there are specific problems or missing pieces of that workflow, please let us know by filing new suggestions for each individual problem. (Note: some are already filed, such as: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/12868956-import-photoshop-vector-objects-as-editable-vector)

Copying from XD and pasting into AI/PS was also mentioned here, originally. I’ve removed that bit from the title since it’s already separately tracked in https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13118382-copy-from-xd-paste-into-illustrator-or-photoshop — please upvote that suggestion if copy-pasting in this direction is important to you.

Thanks for your feedback!

19. When your XD file synces automatically to CC Cloud files it is in a unreadable format. Taking up space while unusable. Please fix this or just don't have them sync. I realize easier to share on another computer with XD on it but I don't think it should be the default to automatically share unless it shared as a JPEG at the very least.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It would be useful to be able to rename the file by clicking on the filename at the top header of the window, rather than having to find it and do it in finder

(On Mac this is standard)

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)