Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1042 results found

1. Lost files that never synced.
    I'd should save them in my cloud folder instead of trusting that lousy feature.
    Any other had an issue syncing files?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  2. It might be usefull to tag component states to actions.

For example you have a checkbox component and you want to set two states (one checked and one unchecked) and for a preview you want to show the change via onlick.

For now I have to set a new board and work with strings to show the triggered action.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Can't get to the master component when selected 'edit master in source document'. It opens up the source XD document and the progress bar for opening up the document shows complete and freezes but after that it doesn't navigate to the master component. I can't close out of that file either. I can just minimize it but can't close.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Is it possible to hide and show an element on a page when it is clicked on, without having to make a new artboard which shows that element? Would save a lot of time when prototyping checkboxes, radiobuttons, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bug:

When I copy a component from one file to another, make it local and then I try to delete a state of that component - it locks the file and makes it so that I can not use the undo button or any components.

I have to literally start the file from scratch!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  6. A proportional change of blocks is very often used on sites. It will be great if you add this feature.
    The spaces that can be created between blocks when changing the width of the artboard can be removed by linking the upper blocks to the lower blocks.
    You can also implement the zoom function.
    texts and icons when changing the width of the artboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Have a mode where everything you move and shapes you make are divisible by 8px kind of like snap to grid.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The hand tool doesn't seem to work, I am trying with the keyboard (h) and (space bar), first the hand tool doesn't appear, and when it does I can't move around, I need to zoom in and out to navigate through artboards which makes it really hard to work in XD.

I am using windows 10, and a wacom tablet as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  9. I'd like to be able to open up the path of a closed shape. Like in Illustrator.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. May you make a plugin "Break apart objects".

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  11. Hi, just made an observation regarding the adobe website. The videos available to watch in the case study pages has errors on those pages. After watching the videos, a user is unable to go back to the previous page. The videos keep loading back.https://www.adobe.com/experience-platform.html#exp-platform-video

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks a ton for the report. Unfortunately, this is the feature request page for Adobe XD, not the Experience Cloud. I’ve forwarded it to the team so that they’re aware of it. I’m closing this ticket as N/A for this product, but know that it’s been reported.

12. This error happens on Design Feedback screens. My comment box is always went missing when I post something on the comment sections

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When clicking Create New Link, please provide an alert pop up window, asking the user, "Are you sure you want to replace your old link with this new link? Once you generate a new link, you will not be able to get the old link back.' [button: "Continue|Cancel"]

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Say we have 200 artboards, and one of them is a home screen. Instead of connecting lines one-by-one to the home screen artboard, we should be able to select multiple artboards or other objects and drag them to the home sceen. So if you shift-clicked on multiple objects/artboards, then you should be able to draw a line at one time, and connect all of the artboards to the home screen.

A is the home screen, B and C are other parts, with home buttons. Instead of having to drag a from B to A, and C to A, users should…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Be able to choose between an overlay that appears over the viewport or an overlay that is fixed to a specific position within the artboard. This way we can account for two types of overlays:
    1. Overlays that are persistent like menu navigations
    2. Overlays that are situational like dropdowns within a form

194 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This particular feature request was filed before we had robust states support, which enables you to create elements that fix to specific content, like flyouts, dropdowns, etc. If you’re still interested in this feature, please do file again with some examples of what you’d like to do with overlays that you don’t want to use component states for. Thanks! https://www.adobe.com/products/xd/learn/design-systems/components/make-menus-components-with-nested-hover-states.html

16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please do reach out to our community support forum for this issue, as this is the feature request database and not monitored for quality issues. If your document is a cloud document, you can go to document history (Hamburger menu > Show Document History) and open it so that you can copy/paste your missing data.

Here’s the link to the forum: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/bd-p/xd?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all

17. Hello, in html export unfortunately some titles are deleted and many things move or change shape. The pdf is correct, while html is wrong.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I want to be able to select different texts, objects, etc. by holding Command key + select as I do in other apps, but XD doesn't have this option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It's frustrating that you only have the ability with Layout Grid to create columns. horizontal 8 point grids are becoming a big thing with UI design. XD needs to have that capability. Until then I will have to stick with Sketch.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →