Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. For usability tests, I want to disable/hide the hotspots when you click. The hotspots make the tests too easy for the user.

The main reason I changed to Adobe XD is that I can do everything with just one tool. Now I have to use InVision/Marvel again for the usability tests because I can't disable the hotspots.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Would be great if we could add multiples symbols at once rather than adding one by one. Maybe let grouped items be imported to the symbols section altogether.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It's cool that we now have the option of exporting SVG files with the february update - But unless I'm blind it does not seem like there is any option to name the file that one wants to export? It would be very nice if it was possible to choose a custom filename like "car.svg" rather than "Path 823.svg" for instance.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When an object is very small on screen -- either due to zooming out, or just because it's small -- XD hides some resize handles to prevent them from jumbling all together.

On Mac, handles don't disappear until they're really overlapping. At 100% zoom, you can make a square as small as 16x16 and still see all eight handles (and it'll still give you four handles all the way down to 8x8).

On Windows however, you can only go down to 64x64 before handles start vanishing. And it'll drop from 4 handles to 1 at any size below 32x32.

This…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Adobe Xd needs widgets libraries to create a new menu from scratch, In this way helps us to create an screen easily doing drag and drop.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve been working with a variety of partners to provide more robust UI kits for you to use, including menu elements. Apple, Google, and Microsoft have all provided a number of different UI kits with sticker sheet elements to get you started.

Note that you can also create new artboards by simply switching to the artboard tool and clicking.

Please do feel free to file a new story if you’d like to see additional features.

Thanks,

-Elaine

6. I'm loving the pin feature that y'all rolled out yesterday in the shared prototypes. My suggestion would be to allow users to edit the pin once they have dropped it. Currently, you can go back and edit the text, but you can't move the pin around once you've submitted your comment.

Another cool feature would be to show a pop-up of the comment attached to the pin on click.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Right now the Windows app saves automatically when closing, I would like that there be a dialog that asks whether the file should be saved or not instead.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The start experience on first run does not have a button that allows us to open existing XD files. Every other Adobe product allows this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When pasting an object into an artboard, by default it is pasted "in place" (i.e. at the same position as the artboard it was copied from). In most instances, this is very useful. However, in some cases it's not the desired behaviour. Particularly when working while zoomed into large artboards, it can be hard to find the pasted object.

It would be useful to have a modifer key / alternative shortcut for pasting the contents of the clipboard into the centre of the current viewport (i.e. the default paste behaviour in other CS apps). This would be in line with…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bearing with us on this! We’ve adjusted the way that paste works, and I think you’ll find it a little more intuitive. Now, we’ll always paste in the visible area of your selected artboard, which means you won’t lose your objects off screen any more.

Check it out, play with it, and let us know what you think here in UserVoice!

If you don’t see your August update immediately, launch the Creative Cloud desktop application, click the gear, and select “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

10. "As a web viewer, it was not clear that I can add comments." It appears that the input field for adding notes may be so far down on the page on large monitors that it is being missed. See attached screen shot with notes notations.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I work with a file that in the beginning was just a wirefrsame clickdummie and now is a full UI clickdummie. When I shared it online the first time, I uploaded an icon to provide the Share Online link. Back by now the project had a complete other name and logo and the icon doesn’t fit well anymore …

Is there the possibility to change the Icon? I didn’t find the request here yet …

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I'd like to be able to share my prototype to the web so that my stakeholders can view them.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I'm on a Creative Cloud for Enterprise license (I don't have an apps tab) and can't install XD. I'd like to have Creative Cloud Packager (CCP) support so that my admin can install.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I'd like to be able to export SVG so that I can output my vector artwork.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. As a designer, Boolean operations are a must have. I can't create nice clean curves/shapes for icons without boolean operations.

Coming from Figma and Sketch, this is very frustrating not having this. Most of the best icon designers aren't using the Pen tool for icon design.

Thank you!

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I'd like to be able to change a subsection of a page based on my selection, like you can see at http://tabtab.be/

タブで遷移

日本語で失礼します。

現在、プロトタイプモードでは、ページ全体の遷移しかできません。
    例えば下記ページのように、タブで選択した箇所のみ情報が変わるような遷移はできないでしょうか。
    http://tabtab.be/

情報サイトでは、タブ切り替えをよく使います。
    このような遷移がプロトタイプモードで作れたら、イメージ共有がスムーズになります。
    現在この機能がないため、XDをプロジェクトで使うのをためらっております。
    ぜひ追加機能をお願いします。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Version of Adobe XD: 0.6.8.6
    2. see att.
    3. want to change from solid to gradient
    4. cant be found as shown in the live ux seesion with matt on a mac.
    74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Linear gradients are in! Download the June release of XD today to create and edit your linear gradients for object fills. To access this feature, select the fill color picker pop-up and select “Gradient” from the drop-down at the top of the dialog.

If you don’t see the update in the Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the gear icon and select “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

17. Hello,
    Would you please consider moving the Comment field to the top of the panel (just under the icons) because when you first open comments, it appears at the bottom of the screen and it feels too far away from where you just clicked. It took me and several others several glances to see where it was.

Thanks so much,
    Mark

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)