Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Rename file from window title bar

It would be useful to be able to rename the file by clicking on the filename at the top header of the window, rather than having to find it and do it in finder

(On Mac this is standard)

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Text Weights

Need to select if the type is bold, regular, light etc inside the text box
    Does not help in design to make the whole text box one text weight

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support 3 letters hex code

Entering #000 should automatically convert it to #000000.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Speed up prototype links (as of preview 2)

Since preview 2 (apr edition) prototypes are taking a fair bit longer to load.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. clipboard

Clipboard fails between XD and other apps—including Ai—however it works within itself.

Please fix this so that there is a good integration and ability to copy something to the clipboard from XD and paste it in another app.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In the July release, you will be able to copy bitmap images of any selected elements or artboards. This will allow you to:

1. Copy artboards directly to presentations or specs built in apps like Powerpoint, Keynote, Google Docs, etc.
    2. Copy any other elements into docs for presentations (raster)
    3. Copy bitmaps and paste them into PS for quick edits and the copy/paste them back to XD.

6. Preview on Browser

Hi there,

The user should have the ability to see the mockup prototype on Browsers or other devices. This kind of feature would be an effective addition for desktop designers and mobile designers alike.

Nowadays, we are only able to preview on the a mobile device screen size, which is useless for desktop or even other device design.

Thanks

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Closing this issue due to inactivity on an open query. You can already preview a web artboard in full screen mode, which gives you as much real estate as you have on your screen. If there’s something specific you’re looking for, please do file a separate idea in the system!

-Elaine

7. Different color for XD's application icon (magenta is too similar to InDesign)

this feature is not very important but sometimes I'm getting confused with files. Indesign and XD have very similar icon/thumb color. How about changing it to something different? eg yellow – there is no yellow app in CC

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow to drop text file lists on repeated grid text elements like we drop images

Allow to drop text file lists on repeated grid text elements like we drop images.
    For example a simple text file like this:

Washington DC
    New York
    Miami
    Los Angeles
    Boston
    Seattle
    Cupertino

can be dropped on any text label of a repeated element, and it would display each line entry as the text of the label of each repeated element in the same order of the text file.
    Also other file formats can be eventually supported: txt, csv, rtf, doc, xls, xlsx, odt, odf

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Preview Breaks with multiple screen size heights

I have three iphone 6 screens.

Menu, Home, Content

on the content screen I changed the height to (1,000px) the width on all three are 375px. On preview it breaks and trys to display the entire screen. By deafult I expected to have the screen scroll to show all the contents of that page. I did not expect it to try and show all the content. It took me about 30mins to realize what it was doing. And that I cannot have it scroll. This is not cool, need to be able to show this in all my previews.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With the latest version you can scroll “long artboards” … We’ll be continuing to improve this feature add additional scroll related features (e.g. viewport scrolling), but for now I’m going to mark this as complete.

10. "Unlock" object

To unlock a locked object on a layer, we have to go to Menu > Object > Lock

It would be great it says "Unlock" if the object is already locked.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Zoom to the top of selected artboard

Description:
    When we press ⌘+0 XD zooms out to bird's-eye view. It would be useful to zoom back in to a selected artboard when press ⌘+1 or ⌘+2. But not to the empty grey back ground as it may happen now in the compositions like these (image attached).

Why is this valuable to you:
    You will be able to switch between different artboards instantly. Even if they're more than 50. Vey easy to navigate and find necessary pages.

Additional request:
    When zoom to a selected artboard, zoom not just to the center of it, but to the top side (image…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Tom Krcha responded

You can now select the artboard and hit CMD+3 and it will zoom to the selected artboard.

Tom (Adobe XD)

12. Artboard Scrolling

This idea addresses how we can have longer pages beyond the current artboard dimensions without manually resizing.

Artboards could actually be just a viewport. You could double click on a given artboard to open an expanded canvas.

In the crude example I've uploaded below, I can still keep all of my screens aligned as I have been. When I double click on an artboard, the canvas is expanded to show I have much more content on the page. Perhaps the rest are dimmed to emphasise where we are. Think isolated mode in Illustrator.

This would keep the best of the…

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is indeed completed. We have a few additional enhancements to this feature that we’ll be adding in an upcoming release including a property inspector addition for scrolling giving you more control over your viewport and an artboard’s ability to scroll.

13. Full screen shared prototypes on desktop (fill entire browser tab/page)

Ability to view full screen (within your browser) desktop sized prototypes.

Gives you the ability to experience the prototype as if it were a live website.

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  04 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature is now available for shared prototypes. On the web, click the full screen icon at the top right of the page to see your shared prototype in a full screen mode.

14. Constrain proportions (aspect ratio) when resizing numerically

The ability to constrain the proportions of an element, but change the dimensions, say width, to an exact number value.

110 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    feature-completed  ·  Tom Krcha responded

You can constrain proportions for objects directly via a lock icon in the property inspector.

Enjoy.

Tom (Adobe XD)

15. Drag n drop images from a browser

Is it me or does the app currently not support drag n drop from the web browser into app, for example an image into a art board or shape, I have to save it to the desktop top first then drag n drop it.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Export Assets as PDF

Add PDF to list of export options for Vector assets in addition to just SVG.

PDF contain embedded sizing information (in points), allowing assets to be used directly in iOS with no manual rasterization necessary.

This would allow an iOS/OSX developer to export vector assets just once, and import directly into XCAssets library immediately with no intermediate steps.

Here's how this is accomplished with Illustrator today: http://martiancraft.com/blog/2014/09/vector-images-xcode6/

104 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our July release will have options to export selected artboards or assets to a single PDF or multiple PDF files.

17. Click and drag to import individual assets from Ps & Ai

Just the ability to be able to click and drag a layer or object across in Xd would be class.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In the latest version of Adobe XD it is now possible to drag & drop layers from Photoshop into XD to import them. (You can also copy-paste).

You can copy-paste individual assets from Illustrator into Adobe XD, though you can’t drag & drop them.

That seems like enough to call this feature completed now. Please let us know if I’ve misunderstood what you’re asking for, though.

18. Drag Images from PSD or AI

I would like to be able to drag Images from other apps. Currently I can copy and paste text and shapes, but images don't transfer. In order to get images to XD I have to drag an image file outside of photoshop or illustrator. I would like to drag them from the AI or PSD file as well.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In the current version of Adobe XD, you should be able to copy and paste Photoshop layers complete with transparency into XD. You should also be able to copy-paste Illustrator selections that include raster images.

If you find that’s not working for you and your copy of XD is fully up to date, please file a bug in UserVoice with specifics about the type of content you’re copy-pasting and what’s not working — if you can share a file with us that shows the problem, that’s even better.

Thanks!

19. Share Online vs. Create New Link

Version of Adobe XD: 0.5.0.4

I created a Project and shared online -> everything works fine.

But if i want to creat another Version of this Project, i am not able to create a new, differnt "online-Link"???

Made following Steps:

1. Open current Project

2. Save as another Project / different Filename / same content

3. Now there is no new "create Link Button" just a "Update-Link" Button

4. Both Files are leading to the same "Online-Link"

Working on one Projekt and save it will always overwirte the other existing Presentation.

The only way is to Copy Paste all Grafix into a complete New…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I want to be able to open a UI kit while I work on a design

Currently the UI kits are accessible only from the "Welcome" screen.
    However, I'd like to be able to open a new design and open a UI kit (or sample file) at the same time.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base