Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. Feature request.

Using this feature user can create the artboard based animation very easily. XD has to create a new scene based frame to select the artboard to animate.

1. Create a scene based frame.
    2. Drag and drop the artboard to animate in frame
    3. Draw the object in the artboard
    4. Same objects would display in other artboards drag and drop in the frame
    5. Move the objects in the frame. (same would refresh in artboards)
    6. Automatically animate the objects (Shape, position, color etc...)
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Currently you have to select the Colur icon/block or Ag style icon to apply character or Colour style, if you click anywhere else in the character style block it does not apply!!!
    The more intuitive and i think previous versions had this, is to make the entire character style capsule clickable. I run a 5k screen setup so the icons are pretty small.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Why is the comment feature not allowed in the Design Spec Public Link? Why can't it work the same as Prototype Shared Link? Why is it only in the Private Link?

I want a place for my team to review my screens from a bird's eye view without having to invite them.

And the email invite is crap because it only works if it's their adobe email account. But what if they don't have an Adobe account? Then it doesn't work. So now I don't feel confident sharing any private link because it's highly likely they cannot access it.

I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve delivered comments in design specs. Arun has mentioned:

Commenting feature is present even for the Design Spec public links. When you publish a public Design Specs link from latest release of XD and share it with your team, they would be able to open the commenting panel and add provide feedback. Please note that commenting feature is available for both Public & Private links.

Private links is a secure way of sharing your designs with team members. When reviewers click on the invite email, they would be taken to Adobe sign-in page where they can choose to sign-up in case their email does not have an adobe ID. As soon as they sign-up, it would automatically be associated and would provide them access to view your private design.

4. Hi Guys,

is it possible to deactivate/disable the page-navigation on the Footer from prototype? Clients use this usually as Slide and don't understand the main fonction of XD

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It make more sense if Fixed Position on Prototype mode instead of Design which designer tend to arrange the "move" and flow there

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Introduce a feature to Swatches, where you can access all your colours that you've saved in other projects and be able to view them in all projects, similar to Photoshop

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The hit area of an asset is limited to the icon in list view. which is very counter-intuitive please increase the hit area. and I don't think there will be any harm in doing so.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Just like how it works in Zeplin, developers can select an asset in the design to inspect its properties and then can download that asset to use.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

With XD’s 11.0 release (which happened moments ago), we’ve made this feature live.

You can now save time and give developers the ability to extract and download assets from Design Specs. Mark layers as assets for export and send as a Design Specs link. Developers can download all the assets in the file format they need

As always, please do let us know about what you think of this feature and feel free to log the improvements that you’d like to see in this workflow as new requests at adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-x..

Thanks,
    Harish

9. It would be helpful if you were able to label the assets (symbols, colors, fonts) like you can in the Library panel so that you can easily tell which asset is for which feature in your project. For example, the ability to label a font choice as "Header" or "Subtext".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I tried to open a sketch file but all the screens are blank with no data except the layers names

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Is there a way to get rid of that default annoying grey border in shared prototypes? What's the purpose? It doesn't appear when viewed on laptop, why it's showing on mobile?

I have a black background design of a mobile app. When viewed on a mobile phone it really impacts the overall experience and generates confusion (is it intentional?).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Description:
    The generated url to a design spec should be password protected optionally .

Value:
    It is important that the customers data is handled properly. A password protection for the exchange of design specs can be an argument for or against the use of a layout software.A feature liek this would provide further arguments for using Adobe XD.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hi,

I love XD but I do have one comment when updating the button to create a new link is right next to it, and it's been many times that I click the create a new link by mistake and then I need to resend the last link and or add all the emails to the invite list. Should be good if there is a warning window that you need to double check before create a new link

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I want to export my designs to Sympli using XD on Windows 10 - just like it works with XD on Mac.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Which basis you have define the Artboard sizes in Adobe XD?

If did you know which is the most usable mobile screen sizes / availability in market, please confirm.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. There must be an option to call what kind of text style I have created.
    Currently, it just shows what the font type, size etc., but user should be able to create his own style name or predefined user interface styles.

Like in Adobe InDesign for paragraph styles.

That way I can easily identify what kind of generated style I want to use to the text component I have created.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Developers and designers where I work would love to get a place on the new Design Specs feature where they would add comments against artboards or even an element on a page.

Maybe even code snippets and links to external systems to look at feedback from a client or user group.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With XD’s most recent update, Design Specs now has the same great commenting feature as prototypes. Developers can comment on specs and you’ll be notified. Any updates, changes, or replies you make will automatically show up when they refresh their browsers.

Thank you for upvoting feature here in Uservoice. Request you to please play around with this feature and as always keep the feedback coming.

19. At the moment, my development team do not have an adobe subscription, and I often work with external organisations who also do not use adobe either.

As a result, I need the ability to share a public link to the design specs so that they can access it.

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Adobe Exchange should enable for Adobe XD, so that other developer can develop extensions and allow us to install. Like we have. this option for other CC products like, Photoshop, illustrator, InDesign and others.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)