Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. In PS it is possible to create another window for the same document.
    It is very convenient when you're designing icons.

You can work in the first window having like 500% zoom, and preview the result in the second window having 100% zoom at the same time.
    (see the attached image for details)

Adobe XD totally needs such feature!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  2. Additionally to right clicking and selecting paste appearance to drop an image into a frame, it would be awesome if you could drag an image onto a frame and hold it there a second and it will ghost paste it to show what it would look like, then let go and it pastes appearance onto that frame. I find this to be a very intuitive way to paste appearance!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Instead of manually input dimensions for a custom size, it would be much easier to be able to drag'n'drop a file to the custom size icon so it automatically would adapt the size.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When I design, I put a prototype screen, with a look and feel that I like, next to my artboard, and use this as inspiration, like I guess many people do. It would be great if I could get the attributes of the font on the prototype (png or jpg) and quickly use that font in my own design.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The fonts in XD are so crisp on windows. I kinda like lost my soul of using it there compared to figma.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When I have an element selected, it would be great to apply one of my global colors to it with a keyboard shortcut. XD could give all my global colors a number from top to bottom and then I could reference it with ⌘⇧1 , ⌘⇧2 ... (just an example). In that case I can sort my global colors in the order I use them most and the shortcut automatically references the respective color. Optionally pressing ⌥ could change the border color.

This would save me a lot of mouse movement and time.

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Frequently, when I'm just trying to drag and drop a small object, I end up accidentally resizing or transforming it. For example, notice in the attached file how small my target is if I just want to drag and drop. If SELECT were a different tool from RESIZE/TRANSFORM (like in Adobe Animate) this problem would be solved. The direct manipulation points are great when I need them, but get in the way when I don't.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Balsamiq mockups uses the ctrl +scroll keyboard shortcut to zoom in and out. Then by simply adding Shift to that, I can click and drag my canvas around. So Ctrl+Shift+click does the same thing as Spacebar. Why is this useful? I don't need to move my hand from the Ctrl Key over to the spacebar to move around! Adobe XD feels clunkier because it's missing this AWESOME keyboard shortcut. If you don't believe me, try out Balsamiq mockups and tell me that isn't easier.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Repeat Grid should allow you to spread over multiple sheets. Then "undo-grid" seats each pieces into a proper layer on each sheet.

Once ungrouped and in separate layers, you should be able to reselect all shapes/groups based on similar features or symbol.

XD would keep track of the grouping/ungrouping/Grid/Ungroup Grid actions and be able to reselect all or some (manually) NOT using symbols.

I got lost in initially thinking this Grid tool was to spread from one sheet over many sheets versus using a symbol which doesn't give the same design behaviors as the grid tool.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Remove the visible border between artboards when transitions are activated.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hello Guys,

I am a visual designer and exploring adobe Xd suddenly one thing noticed my eye icon has been used for zoom in/out functionality actually use for search but adobe XD is using for zoom in/out. I was little bit confused so I chose to test this some of UX designer and visual design or normal people they got his as search icon not for Zoom in/out.

For research prospective I checked this in photoshop CC so I found zoom icon little bit different form Adobe SD and in photoshop top left corner presenting the both zoom in and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be nice to be able to memorize the type of display of the assets by document: I often use the "grid" type and each time I open my document I have to switch.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The grid system should work and look just like the columns in InDesign, the grid is a common thing for all graphic designers and making them look different across apps makes it all feel non cohesive.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It could be great to have a feature where i can open a small window that shows a highlighted part of the artboard in 100% zoom, and then in my actual workflow i can zoom into 6400%.

This way i can make very small changes to something like icons, on a pixel level, without having to zoom in and out to preview the changes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please Make more hotkeys
    Lock aspect toggle
    and Color pick like in Photoshop [just press "I" and pick color]
    this really need for productivity while designing.

Thanks in advance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. If you select multiple items (artboards?) on the screen, please print out the number of items selected.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Is it possible to make the names of automatic tables? By working on ten tables, I will always have to name them with the prefix numbers (1 onboarding screens / 2 landing screens / 3 ....)
    when I get to board 20, I want to add a board between 4 and 5, so I have to manually rewrite and number all the other cards that follow.
    It is too boring to spend a lot of time each time manually updating the numbers.

Thank you for thinking of a solution.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Align to Pixel Grid action doesn't work when object is rotated 180

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. This would be similar to holding the shift key to select multiple objects.
    In this case one would be able to select different lines of text (not contiguous)
    by holding a modifier key.

example: A user is trying to select every title in a long flow of copy. With this function they would be able to select each title in the text box and change their color, size, font, etc. all at once.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hi team, you're doing great work so far! I would suggest / request a few options for image handling in Adobe XD.

Another option would be to have an option to rasterize all imagery after being placed in so you can rasterize all imagery at once at a specific resolution (@1x, @2x, @4x) so that all images would be rastered at the largest size you would need to export for final size, and reduce the large sizes of placed stock photography to save the overall xd file size.

(Moved to another story: One is the ability to use linked imagery,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)