Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

296 results found

1. Windows needs blur effects, that Mac got in May release.

I believe that Mac got blur effects before Windows, because Mac has blur integrated in the system...We would love to see blur in windows version. (I know that Windows has blur behind Action Center, and all other nice stuff but it isn't used as much as in Mac OS and iOS.) Tell me if i am wrong.

This is the only reason I do my designs of old Photoshop, using Blur effects with Clipping Masks. And it is so slow and terrible experience.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Would love to see a way to prototype for different screen but not to copy paste and adjust the size - make it like in Indesign that we can link files to different sizes.

Have a tool that can collect the assets and place them together into a different scree.

432 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Hoyle responded

Hello,

With last week’s update of XD, we introduced Responsive Resize – a way to easily resize your elements as you adapt them to different screen sizes. This should massively speed up your workflow.

Download the latest version of XD to give it a try, and check out a 3 min overview of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKvg8_8jv10&t=2s

Look forward to hearing what you think!

Hoyle

3. When pasting an object into an artboard, by default it is pasted "in place" (i.e. at the same position as the artboard it was copied from). In most instances, this is very useful. However, in some cases it's not the desired behaviour. Particularly when working while zoomed into large artboards, it can be hard to find the pasted object.

It would be useful to have a modifer key / alternative shortcut for pasting the contents of the clipboard into the centre of the current viewport (i.e. the default paste behaviour in other CS apps). This would be in line with…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bearing with us on this! We’ve adjusted the way that paste works, and I think you’ll find it a little more intuitive. Now, we’ll always paste in the visible area of your selected artboard, which means you won’t lose your objects off screen any more.

Check it out, play with it, and let us know what you think here in UserVoice!

If you don’t see your August update immediately, launch the Creative Cloud desktop application, click the gear, and select “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

4. 12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I'd like to create a clipping mask in Windows using any shape or path.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Mask with Shape is now available in the April release of XD for Windows! Download it today from your Creative Cloud desktop app – if it doesn’t show up, click the gear icon and select “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

6. Appearance Shadow option should have opacity setting

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. In Illustrator, the direct selection arrow allows me to select an object inside a group without having to select the group. When I have nested groups this can become a laborious process. This should also provide a way to select individual objects contained within different groups.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Currently, it's just pasted as a raster image...

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Elaine, where in UserVoice should we put this request, if not here? The implementation of hide and show objects needs to be very much improved. It really needs to be like Illustrator where you can hide one object at a time but also unhide all of them. To unhide 10 hidden objects in XD, you currently have to click 10 times in the "layers" palette. When these items are near all adjacent to each other on the artboard, but all mixed up in the layers palette it is extremely frustrating. Especially when in AI it just requires one simple keystroke…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I'd like to be able to create, use, and manage symbols using a symbols panel on Windows.

198 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I'd like a contextual layers panel like the one we have on the Mac version of XD.

194 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Drag and drop in the layers panel is now available for Windows! Download the June release of XD today for the complete layers panel experience.

If you don’t see the update in the Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the gear icon and select “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

12. The ability to turn artboard-based grids on and off using a checkbox in the artboard's property inspector.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Version of Adobe XD: 0.6.8.6
    2. see att.
    3. want to change from solid to gradient
    4. cant be found as shown in the live ux seesion with matt on a mac.
    74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Linear gradients are in! Download the June release of XD today to create and edit your linear gradients for object fills. To access this feature, select the fill color picker pop-up and select “Gradient” from the drop-down at the top of the dialog.

If you don’t see the update in the Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the gear icon and select “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

13. Would still like to be able to zoom into a targeted area with the magnifying glass as you can in the Mac version

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Would like the ability to be able to select a object/path behind another with a cmd+double click (?) as per indesign, or be able to 'select by path only' like illustrator

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Style-Library for Buttons, Input-Fields, ...

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In our April release this morning, we’ve introduced Boolean groups to the platform! To update, check your Creative Cloud desktop application. If you don’t see it, click on the gear in the CC Desktop application and select “Check for App Updates.”

-Elaine

17. On Windows 10
    Using the shortcut Alt+mouse to zoom as it is for photoshop and illustrator instead of Ctrl+mouse

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. (NOTE: You can rotate symbols currently by entering a rotation value in the Properties panel. This request is for dragging on canvas to rotate, like you can with other objets that have resize handles).

Can you, please, add handles to be able to rotate symbol with mouse cursor. Like it is now done for all the other elements in XD.

Because for me it is faster to duplicate symbol and rotate two of them and then to remove the duplicate, rather than use special input field on the properties panel.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow users to use the eye dropper when in "gradient mode"

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re pleased to announce that the ability to use the eyedropper to set gradient color stops is now available in the November release of Adobe XD. If you don’t see the update in the Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the application and select “Check for App Updates.” If you’re looking for improvements on this feature, please do file a new request!

1 2 6 8 10 14 15