Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

296 results found

1. I am trying to create icons in XD and want to make sure they are symetrical but there is no flip option in the edit menu.

I tried to use the width, height and coordinates to do this but without guides, or the ability to unlock the ratio this does not work either

1,122 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Description:
    When we press ⌘+0 XD zooms out to bird's-eye view. It would be useful to zoom back in to a selected artboard when press ⌘+1 or ⌘+2. But not to the empty grey back ground as it may happen now in the compositions like these (image attached).

Why is this valuable to you:
    You will be able to switch between different artboards instantly. Even if they're more than 50. Vey easy to navigate and find necessary pages.

Additional request:
    When zoom to a selected artboard, zoom not just to the center of it, but to the top side (image…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Tom Krcha responded

You can now select the artboard and hit CMD+3 and it will zoom to the selected artboard.

Tom (Adobe XD)

3. Is it me or does the app currently not support drag n drop from the web browser into app, for example an image into a art board or shape, I have to save it to the desktop top first then drag n drop it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I was in the middle of designing, and then realised that I needed to increase the length of a previous artboard and add in more data. Now to do that I first need to move all the artboards below it further down. But to that, I have to individually select each artboard to create a group - and then move them. This in my case meant selecting 20 artboards one by one. Doing this is a big pain, and often one wrong click lost all the selections. :( :( :(

An easier way would have been to have drag-select action…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It would be great to have the ability to move artboards around.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be very handy to be able to apply a translucency blur effect like the native IOS one.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. A set of keyboard commands for the object alignment features.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It would be great to have a presentation mode like with InDesign for quickly viewing lots of artboards quickly!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As Peter mentioned, our full screen Preview can take over the entire screen and, as of 10.11, doesn’t leave a chrome around it. I believe this best mimics Presentation Mode in InDesign, so I’m closing this as completed.

-Elaine

9. I would like to be able to drag Images from other apps. Currently I can copy and paste text and shapes, but images don't transfer. In order to get images to XD I have to drag an image file outside of photoshop or illustrator. I would like to drag them from the AI or PSD file as well.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the current version of Adobe XD, you should be able to copy and paste Photoshop layers complete with transparency into XD. You should also be able to copy-paste Illustrator selections that include raster images.

If you find that’s not working for you and your copy of XD is fully up to date, please file a bug in UserVoice with specifics about the type of content you’re copy-pasting and what’s not working — if you can share a file with us that shows the problem, that’s even better.

Thanks!

10. When switching between apps, for. example when copying hex from browser to Xd, Color dialog window always disappear and I always have to click on Fill option in Appearance tab to get Color dialog back on. It would be much easier for window to stay open when switching between apps.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be great to have paragraph text similar to the paragraph mode of the text tool in Photoshop. I noticed when recently prototyping an app I tried to use lorem ipsum text and had to use hard returns to format as a paragraph

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to paste master elements in place to avoid them not being aligned from page to page

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As mentioned in the comments, you can copy (CMD + C) from one artboard, select another artboard by clicking on its title and paste (CMD + V). It should paste it on the same place as the original, on the new artboard.

13. Ability to use the eyedropper tool to copy existing text styles and ability to click on existing paths to copy stroke, colour etc.

These features are available in Illustrator and would be really helpful in XD too!

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Apologies for the lack of update on this! We now have a new feature that should address this problem: paste appearance. In Design mode, copy any object and then select any number of objects to apply styles to (including text). Then you can execute the paste appearance command (Cmd+Opt+V for Mac, Ctrl+Alt+V for Windows) and apply anything from text styles to border styles.

As always, we’re looking for feedback on what changes you’d like to see in the feature going forward, so try it out for a little while, then file your suggestions here in UserVoice!

If you don’t see your August update immediately, launch the Creative Cloud desktop application, click the gear, and select “Check for App Updates.”

Thanks,

-Elaine

14. Copy & paste the same artboard style (with exactly the same items on it) to another artboard. Also copy & paste the same item with the same position to another artboard (cmd + alt + shift + v) as in InDesign.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you select an artboard, copy and paste it, another artboard will be created with all the same contents.

If you copy an item from one artboard and copy it to another, the location of the item should match where it was copied from.

This is in our current update of XD as of this writing.

15. I am creating multiple slides at once. I am using it as a storyboard, so to speak. Problem is that I can't move from one part of the screen to the next slide like I normally would as a map (hand). Further complicating the problem is that when I re-size the screen, navigation gets more difficult (can't locate how far in the x and y access things are from each other). I wish the screen was easier to move around on.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. xd is amazing!!!!! thank u.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is possible today: just hold down Alt (aka Option) while dragging one corner handle. In the near future you will also be able to set separate corners from the properties panel, which should help make this easier to discover.

18. I would love to be able to work with my design team at the same time on the same file on different computers and instantly see changes made by someone else in realtime.
    Currently, we use Google Drawings to create wireframes because it allows us all to work in the same file at the same time and to instantly see changes made.

synchronous collaboration
    Google Docs

657 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m pleased to announce that we’ve introduced Coediting in its early form in XD 24. You can get more info on this beta feature on letsxd.com. If you have feedback for us, please do file them as separate tickets here on UserVoice!

19. I tried copying and pasting a text box from illustrator to Adobe XD and two things happened.
    1 - The font weight changed and
    2 - Paragraphs were broken up into separate lines.

When I pasted a whole wireframe page from illustrator, all my bold text turned into regular and I had to select each line one by one to change it back to bold.

The other option was to outline the text before I copied / pasted it but then I couldn't edit it in Adobe XD.

It would be great if the text copied from illustrator matched /…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hi. Thanks for the opportunity to try out Adobe XD!

One thing that takes up a lot of my time designing is when I change the height of one object and have a lot of content beneath it. Then I have to select all that content beneath and move it regarding to the height change earlier. Well that I can live with. But...

... what about when you change the font size in one block. Then I would like that block to adjust the height according to the content. And I would like all the content beneath to automatically change…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)