Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

296 results found

1. Provide an option to disable all helpful tips that popup as you're trying to use the application.

This would be valuable to me, as otherwise it's disrupting my flow of trying to create some screens. They're distracting, I've already watched all the tutorials on your XD page, so I'm aware of the features, they don't add anything new.

It makes sense to have these "on" by default, but some option to disable them is expected, and would be very helpful.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. The first thing I see on XD is a choice to create a new design. The predefined items have a multitude of Apple devices and a token "Android" or "Custom" option.

The real world mostly use non-Apple devices. There are many different sized android phones & Tables, Chromebooks, Windows Surface etc. It is about time Adobe products recognised this and treated non-apple hardware as a first class citizen and not an after thought.

Support what our customers need, not what you personally prefer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Remove "Copy of" text from filename when I "Save As" — Change to number increment

Every time I want to save a new iteration of my file, I hit Command+Shift+S to "Save As".

XD automatically adds "copy of" to the beginning of the filename and I have to delete it every. Single. Time.

Does anybody actually names their files this way? You'd end up with "copy of copy of copy of copy of filename" instead of a simple numbered "filename 5".

Would be cool to see XD smartly increase the number by 1 every time like it does with the artboards.…

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1,217 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear XD Community -

I’m happy to share that as part of XD 44, we have delivered the long awaited assets organization feature 🎉. So now you can flexibly groups your assets to help you organize, navigate and find your assets much faster.

This feature will allow you to:
    1. Create unlimited groups and sub-groups for all your assets
    2. Easily move assets between groups by drag-n-drop or using the move dialog
    3. Custom Reorder your groups
    4. Publish linked libraries with groups
    5. Sort your document assets panel by name

To learn more about this feature check: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/work-with-assets-and-libraries-xd.html

Please give it a try and let us know what you think.

Thanks,
    Sherif

5. Spend more time iterating and less time moving things around.

Less manual resizing: Buttons can resize with their text and lists can rearrange themselves when items are moved around.

Stretch to fill: Auto Layout components can now stretch left and right (or top and bottom) for easier responsive design.

Design speaks development: Auto Layout’s padding, direction, and spacing settings translate directly into code, simplifying developer handoffs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When using Responsive Resize, items will adjust according to their parameters but items such as Area text will not take into account their contents. When resizing an Area Text box, XD should provide the option to resize the height in line break increments to accommodate the text.

An option for width could also be useful.

The benefit of this is that responsive resize will now responsively adjust all other elements to fit.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. A master component can consist of many other master components. Lets call them 'inside master components.

If one of these inside master components is duplicated in the master and then edited (fx. a text) the duplication is done correctly, but the edit does not work. Even if you rename the new inside master component.

After duplicate, I have to ungroup the duplicated one and make a new inside component before it works.

Please do something about this. Extremely annoying.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add Components/ Character style / Colors to library from Assets panel by selecting multiple items and exporting to Library with one click

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I attached a video. Bug with text box, why link disappear if text box id expanded.

In some case i have more then 1 row, i lose flexibility under components and layout

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. There's nothing that I have found that indicates that a component is a master component or not, other than the green outline(instead of blue) only when selected, and right-clicking every component and seeing whether "Edit Master Component" exists or not in the context-menu. These two current indicators are not helpful at a high level because you have to select or click on each individual component instead of being able to see this information at a glance in the component/layers list.

The layer/component icon changes when the group is open(revealing the layers inside) or closed. This is not a necessary change…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be great if users can click on the co-editor's icon on the top right and be brought to the screen that the co-editor is working on.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The new padding feature is cool, but a little too limited. I’d like for it to be able to adjust padding for the outside of groups/components in order to help with building design systems.

For example, when I build a website, a page is often made up of smaller sections (components). I would like to be able to define margin on those components so that each one has an even amount of spacing between the next. That way if I update the height of any of those components or change content that affects its size, components around that one will…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would like to be able to position an overlay so that it is connected to a specific element regardless of whether that element is below the "fold". For tooltip, dropdown menus, and other interactive elements, overlays are awesome. However, in doing responsive design work for enterprise applications, there are many instances where a dropdown or tooltip will appear below the fold.

210 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As of MAX of this year, we’ve enabled component states, which will give you the flexibility you need to be able to create flyouts, dropdowns, and other interactive elements that will be contextual to its placement on the artboard. Check it out on letsxd.com!

14. The new responsive resize function seems pretty great, but it would take it to the next level for me if I could use it with symbols. This would make form fields and components super easy!

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

We’re excited to announce that with our May release, we have introduced Components (previously known as symbols). Components are design elements with unmatched flexibility that help you create and maintain repeated elements while varying the instances for different contexts and layouts.

You can create a master component to define a reusable element, such as a button, and you can change any of its properties to customize instances of that element (Size & Layout, Style and Appearance, and Structural overrides). Changes you make to an individual instance are specific to that element, but changes you make to the master propagates to all the instances where the property hasn’t been customized.

Components now could also be responsively resized with the same powerful capabilities of responsive resize baked in.

Finally, you could link components across documents to maintain a single source of your components using the Link Assets feature or simply…

15. I need to expand the bounds of a component while retaining the size of the content. This is helpful when changing the position of button prompts from inside to outside of the modal space.

When I try to resize the component it resizes the content inside, even when Responsive Resize is disabled.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 893 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Currently overflow text shows up as a filled blue circle. this is not a clear indicator when looking for errors. i believe making this at the least red will have a better impact. if it could also be a plus sign perhaps to indicate there is "more" below, similar to indesign.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. when you highlight a color on the canvas from the assets panel it does not highlight color when it is used as a border. I would expect to see the color highlighted regardless of it being a fill or border, is this a bug?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. enable the download of xd files direct from adobe cloud.

today you only have the option to delete

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When editing with other users, it will be easier if there was a radio button that says "Always Accept Changes" so that we don't have to accept changes every time because it's a bit distracting.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)