Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. Hello,

Currently, there are no dropdown arrows next to folders within the layer panel. These dropdown arrows are something we see in other Adobe products and have for ages.

When scrolling through large documents, the folders/groups don't stand out enough for easy scanning.

Please add a dropdown arrow to the left of the folder like Photoshop has.

Doing this will allow for faster scanning and locating of groups, as it creates a subtle callout for these special layer panel elements by indenting them slightly.

Further, adding an arrow is also an appropriate Call To Action for this type of element…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I have a very large list of groups, when I select a few of them at random down the list every time I select one from the bottom the panel scrolls back up to the top of the selection, so I have to scroll back down to keep going. It would be great if this worked like everything else where there is no automatic scroll back to top.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When I use radius 0 10 10 10 for example, I wish to have option to lock the corners separately, so when I use handle to adjust the locked one doesn't change.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When user selects "reveal components in assets", the panel should filter to those components only within the assets panel.

As it works now, it highlights all of the components in the asset panel without filtering the other components, and if you have many components, it makes it very difficult to find.

I realize the components are highlighted in blue, but when the mouse cursors over the components, they're highlighted with a gray/black stroke, making it very very frustrating to find the component you're looking for.

By filtering only to the component(s) selected, it would be far easier to find.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  5. When I edit an existing character style, I don't get to edit the text alignment that is left, center or right. It would be great to add this feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. "Mask with Shape" always selects the top object as the mask, but sometimes we want the bottom object to be the mask.

The selection order, or an additional buttom, should provide the option to choose who's the mask.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The font-weight should be displayed in the right order as follows
    -regular-italic-bold-bolditalic
    and in larger families
    -thin-thinItalic-extralight....-light...-regular....-medium....-semibold.....-bold...-extrabold...-black
    Right now it is arranged in a random order which is bad experience for designers to search the entire list to sharp shoot the one we want.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Locked items currently won't be updated while locked, but the only reason i personally lock items is so that they are not clickable and i can select multiple assets on top.

However if the locked layer is using a global color i believe it should change with all my other assets. If i didn't want it to change color i would manually change it to something else.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The background blur effect creates a white halo around entire artboard when you have full bleed background graphics. The effect ignores pixels that exist beyond the artboard.

TLDR: Could you give the background blur effect optional access to the pixels beyond the artboard, please?

Thanks!
    Mike

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When ungrouping a repeat grid, the grid items are ungrouped in such a way where the grid items are now reversed. I like to have my objects sorted from top to bottom to match how they appear on my artboard.

It would be great to update this behavior to sort the ungrouped items from top to bottom, or provide a setting to change the order. Maybe a checkbox/toggle next to the "Ungroup grid" button.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Clicking and dragging to select all items in an area of an artboard (then deselecting any unwanted layers) would is so intuitive - instead of clicking and dragging only to find all you're doing is dragging around a background image.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I like to imported linked SVGs into my project. I'd like them to behave the same way as linked images, meaning I can easily update all instances of the SVG.

My use case is we are using a lot of SVG icons in our design projects. When the icon is changed, we would like to be able to quickly update all screens with the new icons. With the way XD currently treats SVGs, I would have to manually update all occurences of the icon OR transform them to a component, which would spam the component library with hundreds of icons.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• When selecting image appearance mode - (i.e Normal, Darken, Multiply e.c.t) have the image update when hovering over the menu like in photoshop.

• Rather than having no preview and having to blindly select before viewing how it would look. then undoing over and over

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll leave this open for now (and edit it to reflect the issue with blend modes), but you can cycle through blend modes with Alt+Shift+plus and Alt+Shift+minus while the object is selected. Hope that helps!

13. The linked assets icon hiding 40% of the view of color pallets in Grid view.
    - It's really frustrating to see that portion
    - It is difficult to identify if the color pallets belong to similar shades

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When I open up files, then go to CC Libraries, you usually need to look through the list, this might be quite long, to find the one you're after. Fair enough, if the one you've recently worked on appears in the 'most recent' section, but what if it's one you haven't used for some time?

So what if you could link Files and Libraries, so when you open the file, the associated library is available in the palette straight away rather than going and finding it? This saves the designer/user a little bit of time. Plus it could work for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. If I'm using the find/search feature to find an artboard, or to find some text on an artboard, it would be great if the search results allowed me to go straight to that found item and also to locate the artboard on the pasteboard. It's a partcilar issue when I have files with a large number of artboards.

Currently, I get the search results, and whilst I can click and edit the properties of found items in the results, locating the item or even the artboard on which it is contained can be tricky. Some sort of 'Go to' context…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Klick on app-icons in the panel should select input field for direct value-change by number-input or arrow keys. This is the same in InDesign/AI/PS … Please make the Adobe apps feel the same or have the same ground features!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would like to see the option to add filters to svg elements in the design that match the current spec of web svg. Things like color inversions, blurs, etc would be really helpful, especially when designing for the web.

The reason being often times we as designers may create something that may not be possible unless we export the element as an image. These elements are not always SEO friendly (such as when working with stylized text). However, we can often accomplish a similar effect by using svg filters in the web. So, allowing us to apply these and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. If i have an image in the clipboard, i would like to be able to create a new document based on its size (similar to what Photoshop does). Idea: If an image is in the clipboard, Prefill custom size fields with image dimensions from clipboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. while using the pen tool and adding a point to a line that already exists, if you hold shift the new point will automatically snap to the exact middle between the two points to the left and right.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)