Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Edit rotation point for 3D transforms

Hi,

would it be possible to move the 3D rotation point, so we can rotate something like a door on a hinge rather than spin around the centre?

At the moment, it's possible to rotate and move, but it doesn't keep an edge in exactly the same place using the autoanimate options - it's a bit floaty.

Thank you,
    Adam

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Display components as artboards with names, own relative X/Y position for contents etc.

As we have tried to implement / transfer a component palette it became clear, that we need more similarity between how we handle Artboards and Components. Here are the most wanted aspects to this:

1. Displaying a symbol name above the symbol
      If we have a couple of symbols under each other in the Design system it is unclear which is where unless we click them. (See the attachment)

2. Displaying Background/boundaries
      In the same attachment it is unclear how big are symbols nor if they all of the same size unless selected. In some cases the background is needed.

3. Display Relative…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Share artboards between different flows

I often create a series of artboards that I want to use in several flows, or more than once in the same flow.

The "return to previous artboard" functionality is inadequate to allow this to happen.

E.g. A series of artboards that show an image being loaded and edited. I want to transition to this series of artboards in many places throughout my workflow, and once I have progressed through these image editting artboards I want to return to the artboard that I was at before I transitioned. Because I am not returning from the first artboard in the set…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Paste an element into a layer relative to the position in the layer that it was copied from

I often use the layers panel to copy and paste elements. E.g. if I want to copy an element of a main component to another component.

Currently, when I paste into the new component the elements are pasted some distance from the target component. I cant imagine a situation where the current xd chosen paste location is anywhere near where the user would want it to be located.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. group name

Naming layers and groups is a basic good practice, and often we need to nidificate groups in groups and of course, give a group name. Unfortunately, when you will need to separe a group, XD looses the group's name inside it. It's a lost of time and also frustrating, because it's so common to make and separe groups in a group.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Set state for all components in a group or artboard

Its becoming tedious and frustrating that when I want to preview the webpage I'm designing, I have to go to EACH component and switch them one by one to their default state.
    Then, when I'm going back to designing, I then have to switch them one by one to their hover state to make the changes I want. (I switch them to their default state in the first place because I want to get the full affect and to see the transition so just leaving them in the hover state while previewing isn't really an option)
    It would be enormously…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Auto height text resize should include line height

I love the new adjust line height trick. Thank you. Clicking the red target now resizes to fit the font. Awesome. Curious why we wouldn't want to consider line height in this adjustment?

If a developer needs to know the white space between H1 and an p style. The H1 line height is a declaration and affects the next selector.

Perhaps it's a shift click and it recognizes the font size and line height?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Larger click zone to get back to libraries list

When transitioning from one library to another in XD, Wish the title (as well as the left chevron) was clickable. The current click zone is VERY small.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make coediting less sensitive to XD updates

Hello,
    My team uses XD in coediting mode and each time someone updates their XD and goes into the document, when it autosaves, it kicks everyone else out with an older version. It's so ridiculous. Would love if the Adobe team can find a better way to handle this and not kick out designers who are currently in a document. It's very disruptive to workflow!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Missing font + "No instances on canvas" message

Hi XD team,

I'm not really sure how to understand this message.
    I have 2 missing fonts on my Document Assets list. But apparently those fonts are not used on the canvas, therefore impossible to select it and change to a new font. (see attached screenshot)

Could it be a font used on a hidden layer? Or a hidden component state layer?

I have copied all the artboards + the components in use to a new file, but still getting the same error.

Any clue how to fix this?
    I would be awesome to have a clearer font panel, showing…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fix Position While Scrolling for Elements in Component States

Inside a component state, select an object and a "Fix Position While Scrolling" checkbox appears on the right menu where it usually is for base-level elements on an artboard. When selected, the element stays fixed on the artboard while the rest of the component scrolls.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Display character number limit in property inspector for UX writers

I believe you could make a number of characters limit box on the right menu, this would help UX writers to make better text to fit the layout.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add overrides as states

I often modify components when exploring possible design solutions. When satisfied I sometimes want that modification as a state for that component. But then I need to open the Main component, create a new state and redo the entire process which is frustrating, time consuming and prone to errors.

What if the overrides I've made to a component (also instances) could be directly added as a state from within the states panel?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Change global color only on selected artboard

Today we are able to save a color than change it on all artboards.

I think it would be interesting to have a function similar to illustrator but only for one artboard or more (if selection is possible). If it is possible to select the change on background and/or border, that would be awesome too.

An example, I design a web site or an app and I want to create a dark template only for one artboard for demonstration. So I duplication my first artboard and change the color. With this functionality, we could gain time and be able to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. copy & paste transformations

It would be great to be able to copy all the position and transformation values with one click and then be able to paste them onto another object with another click instead of copying one value at a time to match the exact position.

It could be similar to this type of menu from Unity

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add an Update Button to Linked Libraries

Please can there be an update button added to the open linked library pannel?

It auto-updates if a NEW component is added, but if I adjust an existing component, I have to navigate back to all libraries, open my document assets, update and then go back to the linked library. It's massively annoying.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Manage Links from the top menu

All the time when I need to manage links, I have to go open a new file to access and Manager Links.

Would be nice to have that easy access right on the File or View > Manager Links.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Keep elements properties between states (propagate text)

It would be awesome to be able to mark some elements inside a compontent to not change some properties on its states, for example, text. If I change the text on the main state, it would change the text inside the other states. With that, I would be able to improve my work on making hover buttons all over my prototype. The way it is now, I need to change the text inside all the states, what makes it impossible.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. master component not updated correctly when resized by responsively resizing the artboard

When I have a master component on an artboard that I resize with the Responsive Resize option turned on the component is resized but doesn't update the other instances of the component. So far so good. But it looks like the master component is now a different size (filled diamond symbol) but when I drag a new instance of this component from the sidebar it is still the size it was before resizing it. And if I edit the resized master component it messes up the other instances that are still the same size as before. So something is not…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base