Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. Being able to quickly see whether or not a stray color or text style is used that is not in the Assets panel would be so helpful. Easily reconciling any texts or colors that aren't part of your design system. Appears that you can kind of do this in the inspect mode on a shared link, but being able to do this in design mode would be so helpful and speed up auditing designs before handing off.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  2. I have built a component library for my teammates to use in their projects. Most components have multiple states for hover, action, etc. What I would like to add is another state that displays the components in a lo-fi style to make prototyping faster. I would like to have the lo-fi as the default state for all of the components since that would be more commonly used by the team, and then as the details are worked out they can switch the state to the actual components to put details in.

There's no way to create a state and then…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When Working At the same time in a Document, be able to see the Change Log of each user to what changes were made.

Sometimes when multiple users work on the same file, it would be amazing to see what each user has changed in the document.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Insert components at the current cusor position with something like a dopdown

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. We are using the Atomic Design approach and have built our files accordingly. There is an underlying pattern library with all the atoms. Then there is one file for each molecule, these files use the atoms. Finally, there are the files of the programs that plug atoms and molecules together. This file structure isn't entirely because of Atomic Design, but also because we are running into performance problems with our rather big files otherwise.
    With the old feature of linked assets that was never a problem, now we started to using the Library feature and are running into issues:
    I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It will be great to create a grid that works verticaly and horizontaly, like a grid based on the golden number. It is really ennoying that we can have only vertical grid. And also it would be great to use a feature like "auto grid" plugin to create grid using the perfect pixel. Now it is really painfull to make great design base on a great grid. Thank you and sorry for my english ;)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Oh my, XD is so bad!
    Why when resizing an artboard from the left the content is pushed away on the right but when resizing from the right the content is hidden under the artboard (the way it should be!). This happens regardless of Responsive Resizing.
    This is NOT an idea!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll leave this suggestion open, but to answer your question: content is referenced by x, y pinned to the top left corner of the artboard. When you resize from the right, the content of the artboard is still fixed to the upper left corner. Since you’re moving the origin when you resize from the left, you’re moving the content with it. Hope that helps!

8. Just like the preset artboard sizes for mobile, tablet, web, social and watch; I would like the web banner sizes to be added to the artboard presets for a quicker set up. Artboard size examples: 300x250, 728x90, 160x600, 300x600, 970x250, 300x50, etc

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Having the option to reverse the order of layers for a file. Every time I create a web mockup with sticky navigation, I have to reorder the layers so the navigation shows as intended in the prototype. XD adds to the top of my layers which is the opposite of design workflows. Seems counterintuitive since generally sites are designed top to bottom.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Like the 'diamond' symbol you have for components, please add a symbol identifying characters that use a style from the library.
    Also, how do we unlink a text from a library-style?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! UserVoice works best when you file only one suggestion per ticket.

I’ll keep this open for identifying the character style in the design. As for your question, you can change the text formatting in the property inspector to the right and automatically unlink it from the character style in your assets panel.

11. Assets library MUST be in it's own window and within the component inspector as well!

Adobe! you've been developing design tools for 30 years and all of them have unique windows for repeatable assets such as Type characters, paragraphs, symbols etc. Please move the Document Library outside the General Library pane! it takes three clicks to jump from one pane (mostly the Layers) to select a document asset.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I often have to export modules/images for dev. This includes a text portion which I use auto height with padding. Then I have the elements stacked. If the objects aren't pixel perfect it leave a gap. 

So for example:

Vertical Stack 1: 50px height

Vertical Stack 2: 50px height

Vertical Stack 3: 50px height

Exports completely fine because pixel are perfect.

But if it's not pixel perfect

Vertical Stack 1: 50px height

(transparent gap)

Vertical Stack 2: 51.2px height (because of auto-height element with text)

(transparent gap)

Vertical Stack 3: 50px height

Anyway to fix this issue? Perhaps auto-height feature…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. give some gray tint options for wire frames

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When working with components, I sometimes have to make changes to the default state that I don't necessarily need in the other states, it would be nice to have the ability to choose if those changes roll out to the other states or not.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I think XD should be feature like Renaming & Swap Symbol like Sketch & Figma. Where I can easily rename any selected component, layer, group or art board and easily swap symbol instead of drag and drop.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! You can currently rename components in the assets panel. You can already swap components by dragging any component over any other component instance to replace one component to another. I’ll change this suggestion to reflect that.

16. I'm an Adobe XD user and I have a 34" monitor. I'm having trouble getting my eyes closer to the monitor because the Measurements (Alt) view is too small.

I request for a font size setting of +- Measurements (Alt) font for a widescreen monitor (example: 34").

And when I use a red background. The Measurements (alt) color becomes faint/not visible..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Currently, a stack is dependent on the stacking order of the layers.

Usually, that doesn't cause any trouble. But I have grid layout (aka table) where a context menu needs to fly up instead of down. To prevent the menu from ending up under the rows above, I have to break the stack so I can reverse the layer order (ie the row at the lowest y value needs to be at the highest z value).

Ideally, a stack would not depend on layer order.
    Alternatively, you could just allow for reversing the logic somewhere, like a sort flip control.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. position elements relative to the component coordinate system NOT THE RANDOM ARTBOARD IT IS ON!!!!

When you make a component it should have its own coordinate system where the upper left corner is 0, 0. It is insane that you reference the artboard for position and not the parent container (component). I know you thought was a good idea when you made it this way. I am sure you had to go to your boss to force the software developers to get this feature. I am sure that they had to write a work around to even get it to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Designing for web means mocking up, at minimum, for desktop and mobile. I have to create separate heading styles for both device sizes. Would be so so nice if I could define font sizes based on device widths for each heading style and swap them all at once, rather than tediously going through the mockups and updating each text box one-by-one.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. insert pixels horisontally in any place of artboard , for example sometimes when i add some length to my blocks i have to move all blocks below, i can only make artboard longer from the bottom but i want it to be possible from any point i choose

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)