Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. Shape/component fill container (stack).
    Example:

Let's say I have a horizontal stack with two squares and 20px margin between them. It would be really helpful if I could set one or both squares to fill the stack (container). This way If I want to resize the stack as a whole the two squares would automatically resize.

This does wonders for responsive layouts.
    Figma has this feature already and it works great.

Love what you are doing with XD, I've been using it since day 1 and this is he only thing that's missing for me.

Keep up the great work…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  2. I often have to deal with elaborate XD files at my workplace designed by other people. To find a section I have to do a meticulous search. A simple "ctrl+F" / Find function would help immensely to find keywords.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When creating a Shape (square, circle triangle, line) the 90% of the times I already know the size I need, but is very slow first to draw it and the input the w and h on the panel on the right. It would be nice to create it like in Illustrator. (The X and Y would be nice too but im not that greedy)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Sometimes I'd like to show an infinte scroll (mostly horizontally) in my prototypes if that's some services CTA's or a gallery. Currently, this isn't a feature so I ended up duplicating the whole group and adding a note in my email when I send the design over. If there was an option to make a scroll group infinite ie. as it reaches the end of its scroll it mirrors it from the beginning that would be a great help. I've shown on this quick mock up how the option on/off could look.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. In Windows, it works that when you hold shift + (control or alt) + scrollwheel it does a jump/faster zoom. Unfortunately on macOS when you press SHIFT nothing happens.. This feature works in other Adobe programs as well as macOS. I'm pretty annoyed and don't know how to work around it to make it work the same way. Thanks for the update.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Shortcut to make selected text styled as a hyperlink. Or maybe a shortcut for adding links?

Also add an overriding character style for hyperlinks with a common name like "[H|h]yperlink".

Similar to this, but not.
    https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045942953-Add-links-to-text#Style_links

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It would be if we could convert a shape from like say an ellipse to a square just as in illustrator, so as to not waste time to recreate icons if I want to change from circular icons to square. As previously stated for software that was made to save time it sure does waste a lot, especially, when it comes to the fact that things like this are standard/were thought out already in other adobe software & could have easily been implemented.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Would be handy have the ability to edit multiple elements that share same animation properties by selecting them. I usually have to edit tables and rows with same properties/elements and I have to go editing 1 by 1 while all rows has same content and same animation properties. I know lot of designers would appreciate this fuctionality: edition on bulck

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I need to be able to move one main component to another library or a parent library. and synchronizing these duplicate major components between these projects.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I would like to be able to select a group of text and convert it to a grid so, therefore, I can have the benefits of grid features without having to create it from scratch and or recreate one I accidentally ungroup.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. in the cell I have rectangle on the left and grouped three different tekst line on the right centered with this rectangle vertically. I grouped these three lines of text and added a stack. When I hide the second line, the third line goes up, but this group (all text) is not re-centered with the rectangle.
    with other objects in the grouped stack too.

I need such a function in main component. If I change the number of lines of text (or objects) into an instant component to re-center.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Can we have a shortcut to select the artboard you're currently in? The cmd+click empty space is just not viable in a lot of situations and forces you to do some manual actions (find an empty space, go to arboard in layer panel, navigate to top and click, etc) which takes you out of your design flow.

Sketch implemented it nicely, where you click Esc to exit a group (just like in XD!), but when it's the last group, it will select the arboard. XD just exits.

I would really appreciate this feature, with ESC, or any other hotkey to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Working with a developer, we think it would be a good idea to mark the name of the colors of fonts… we are adding in the asset panel in the panel right to the app.
    It will allows dev that are using the XD document locally on their computer (without the link) to watch exactly the name of the Color or the style for each element without reading informations.
    It will be also possible if the Color or the style used is focus in the asset panel.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I work on a path planning project.
    User must preview the path.

I NEED to produce several iterations of the same path animation, with different colors or informations.
    XD will allow me to implement the path representations in the app, without reproducing the user journey in After Effects : It becomes "real"
    Then I can test each version of the path, very easily, and get precious feedbacks

After Effect is the tool => export a transparent video
    because AFAIK it doesn't export transparent gif

Back into XD, my app structure (background, menus, etc) remains unchanged, and we can test every…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 高速スクロール機能が欲しいです。

XDでのデザインは縦に長くなることが多いので作業を効率化するために高速スクロール機能が必要だと思います。
    Illustratorではshift+マウスホイールで縦に高速スクロールするので同じ機能がXDこそ必要だと思います。

• Auto translation: - Designs in XD are often vertically long, so I think you need a high-speed scrolling function to make your work more efficient. In Illustrator, shift + mouse wheel scrolls vertically at high speed, so I think that XD needs the same function.
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ご説明ありがとうございます! デザインプロセスではなくプレビューに焦点を合わせるように機能リクエストを調整しました。

このメッセージは機械翻訳されています。

Thank you for your clarification! I've adjusted the feature request to focus on preview instead of during the design process.

16. What I ask is very simple: add an horizontal scroll bar to the layers panel, so I can scroll it without the need to resize and making my prototype working area even smaller than it already is. This is a very common aproach to IDEs on the folders panel, despite allowing resizing, they always have an horizontal scroll bar to help navigation on deep levels or small monitors.

This feature would be very appreciated for people with deep components hierarchy levels or smaller monitors.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. To have full control on editing of a compound path it would be rally helpful to be able to release it from it's compound. This way font icons or text that is converted to a path is much easier to edit. At this moment I need Illustrator as a workaround.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. HELP !! Can you add supported asian scripts function to adobe XD, Because some of Thai text are wrong compose

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would like the ability to add additional metadata or tags to assets within a library so that they would be found with the search field. For example, I may have an icon called "search" that is a magnifying glass. I would like to add additional keywords to that asset such as "magnifying glass" or "filter" in case that's what other collaborators might use to search for this icon. This is a simplified example, but I've already run into needs for this multiple times while compiling our design system file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When I outline a font that contains multiple colors, the color changes to one color.

複数の色が入ったフォントをアウトライン化したときに色が一色に変わってしまう

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)