Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Since updating to XD50 and being forced to replace slashes with dashes for naming components, I can no longer export my components successfully to Zeplin. Zeplin relies on the slash to recognize components as variants and output code. My over 600 components will no longer be recognized as variants in Zeplin and it messes with my entire naming convention that I created in XD. When fixing this issue, please automate changing back my dashes to their original slashes so I don't have to manually fix over 600 component names that now have a dash. Here is a video to further…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Ballpark (https://ballparkhq.com/) is a user testing platform for prototypes and allows you to set goals and track how people use your prototype with stats, audio, video alongside survey questions and UX tests. It would be great if XD could support Ballpark.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I was happy to see folders for cloud documents be released. However, my co-worker(s) and I were disappointed to see that when organizing or creating a folder structure, it does not reflect to other XD users. Essentially, it only occurs under your own Creative Cloud account.

REQUEST: I would like to make a folder structure with my own and/or XD documents that were shared with me to be synced up for specified users to see on their ends as well. (Similarly to Dropbox or Google Drive folders where other users can access them)

321 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

96 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  4. The new auto-activate fonts forced ‘feature’ —advertised with pathetic triumph on the welcome screen after — is an arrogant absurdity and should never be activated by default nor forced on users. Please implement the ability to turn off the abuse (like you do with InDesign).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Shortcut to make selected text styled as a hyperlink. Or maybe a shortcut for adding links?

Also add an overriding character style for hyperlinks with a common name like "[H|h]yperlink".

Similar to this, but not.
    https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045942953-Add-links-to-text#Style_links

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Now there's the ability to include lottie files within your design and mark for export, it would be a huge benefit to allow the actual export of the json file rather than as an image format. This would aid developers, allowing design teams to supply all file types through the specs.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Something I used to use in Axure constantly was the ability to show and hide elements on a single screen. It would open up lots of possibilities, add tons of flexibility, and reduce the number of artboards needed if in XD we could trigger actions to either show or hide one or more components on an artboard. It would be even more amazing if when choosing the show component action, you could also set the component's state.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Currently padding allows parent components to change size when the child component changes size in the design mode. This works for all elements including components. Adding different sized states to the child component will cause the parent component to react correctly.

However, in presentation mode, the padding state seems to be locked. If a child component changes, the parent (whose size was determined by the child's + padding) won't adjust the padding to the child's new size.

If the padding feature was extended to the web mode it would greatly improve the workflow. If this could be added to the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When working with components, I sometimes have to make changes to the default state that I don't necessarily need in the other states, it would be nice to have the ability to choose if those changes roll out to the other states or not.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. We only open link in new tab.
    I made the artboard with several hyperlink objects,
    but it is inconvenient to use because the link opens in a new tab every time.

I would like to add an option to set the link to open on the current page.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Option to embed Xd "prototype" animation as a 'view only animation' rather than a "prototype" directly from Xd to Behance.

Currently to embed videos/animation created in Xd, it has to be mp4 through vimeo, which is rubbish quality!

I noticed when you share xD prototype embed link directly into Behance project, the quality is great however, the view has a grey overlay over the project and then a box reading 'click to launch prototype' (see attachment).

It would be great if you could embed the 'prototype' and have the option remove the 'click to launch prototype' so the project appears…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1) Similar to the Asset Export window in Adobe illustrator
    2) Easy to Select All / Deselect All
    3) Easy to rename (each asset individually) and format (add prefix/suffix and replace text of multiple assets)
    4) Select multiple export formats at once: PNG+SVG+WEBP+etc...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be incredibly helpful to expose some of the Export dialogue options for non-designer team members.

1. Allow free, and authorized users to browse an Adobe XD Library (specifically components and component states)
    2. Give users the ability to export Library components/assets from the web with tools similar to the "Asset Export" panel in Adobe Illustrator.
    3. Right now the tools on the Library website are incredibly clunky and not user-friendly. They are not designed for presentation and browsing, and it is hard to see details in the images in the “Share” link export.

Thank you.

It would be a huge workflow relief…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Best feature in Indesign is to jump back to last used field using a keyboard shortcut. I think this should definitely be part of every application, including Adobe XD. That is:

Activate last-used field in panel --- Default: Opt+Cmd+`

This should be a great addition to all the Adobe Applications.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  15. Ditch the shared links and create a handover library as e.g. Zeplin but within Adobe XD. From there,you can choose what artboards or sections to share.

I am tired of sharing all artboards when I only need to share a few. The Flow1, Flow2 functionality is terrible. You end up with a cluster of links in the end and stakeholders get confused.

Come on Adobe!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. As we know web design aesthetics evolve day by day. And for this purpose Adobe XD is still following conventional ways of designing. I wanna highlight very basic and important feature that must be include in Adobe XD. I am sharing an example that will help your engineer to demonstrate this feature in well mannered way.

Example:
    https://privateisland.tv/studio

As you can see user can easily scroll horizontally. This feature is slightly different from existing horizontal scroll group because we can only click and drag with that feature.

I hope you will get my point. I can assist to you more…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When I have a view with lots of template thumbnails, there is no way to grab the link of the template to view. Furthermore, it is just so natural and easy to have the standard "open in new tab" show up in the context menu when right clicking the template I wish to open. As it currently exists, I have to click in to the template after which I lose where I was in the view containing lots and lots of template thumbnails.

For context, I'm a developer and our designer shares a view containing all the mockups with me.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. There is a Figma plugin for Google Fonts icons (Material symbols), could we imagine the same thing for XD ?
    https://fonts.google.com/icons
    https://www.figma.com/community/plugin/1088610476491668236

Regards

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  19. I'd like a cycle state to be added. It would be similar to toggle state but it would have multiple states. For instance, a filter button. press once filter sort ascending arrow pointing down highlighted. press again another such descending arrow point up highlighted.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 313 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please note that stacks is a feature that is intended to be used at design time, and does not dynamically shift the stack in preview. I’m going to rewrite this particular request to be more precisely about the latter suggestion.