Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. The [Preview] to scroll up or down to where I'm working: providing a real-time view of the design. As in, I click on an element, and the [Preview] would jump to where the element is.
    The behaviour now is when you work on an element in a long design, you move over and scroll to where you are working so you may "preview" it.
    It's easy enough to go to the top of the page by reloading the [Preview] or by adding my own [Jump to Top] button, but it is less so to keep scrolling up and down as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  2. Auto-page scroll is often needed feature to trigger on artboard/page-load. Currently I can mimic this effect by making 2 artboards, moving a group up (or down) on the scroll position and use auto-animate artboard-to-artboard.
    Example:
    https://xd.adobe.com/view/9182ed42-11c0-45ff-a10f-e343424fbd97-c4d1/

Here on the second board, user should be able to scroll back up the content group (which mimicked auto-scroll down using auto-animate) yet, XD does not support scrolling content positioned above an artboard. Ideal XD-feature should allow to set an auto-scroll for layers (perhaps to a certain Y-position) and let user to scroll back while displaying a scroll-bar.

428 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Can we develop a feature to make the comment section bigger? Our copywriters want to have a larger text input field so it is easier for them to write longer copy.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It would be nice to be able to shift around the viewing area when editing a text box. It's a little frustrating to have to de-select a text box just to move the view a little bit.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to turn off shortcuts like Cmd/control + Drag moves the artboard around which I don't want. I constantly move the artboard by accident as I navigate through components with the keyboard and using cmd/control to select a specific component part.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Rather that simply provide the option to space distribute multiple items based on the distance between them, in addition, provide the option to distribute them from their center points, as provided in Illustrator.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Although component instances are differentiated by a different diamond icon, I still find myself accidentally modifying instances when I mean to modify the main component.

It would be useful to more clearly differentiate component instances by using a different border color so it's more obvious that I'm looking at an instance rather than the main component.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Currently, I have to name flows twice, once on the artboard and once on the link settings. Why?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. After reading this:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/share-selected-artboards.html#modification-of-existing-wiring

It's blindingly obvious that the way single artboards are shared is flawed and creates more work than it saves.
    If I have a fully prototyped document but I want to share a single artboard from it, this involves either splitting it from the document or duplicating the artboard in question and manually removing the unnecessary interactions.

Either way, it's more work than it should be while it also creates issues with consistency across designs and having a single source of truth. Using components, in this case, doesn't help as if there are any interactions in the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When you finish drawing something in Procreate, you get a replay (sped up of course) video to see the evolution of your drawing / design over time. It would be cool to be able to see this in XD to show how much goes into a file and how many people are involved at various stages.

https://fb.watch/gTECciqph3/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Admin →
  11. I always use the same basic guides in my designs (for distance from the edge of the screen) and i have to maually add those to all screens.
    While they can be copy-pasted with the entire screen, i dont always wanna copy a screen i already designed - for multiple reasons.
    The ability to create fixed guides for a document that can be manually added to would be much apprechiated

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The ability to drag select elements without dragging elements. This is basically what Figma has called "Deep Selection" where if I press and hold Ctrl and drag, I can select all elements without also dragging any element below the cursor.

This is useful to select nested elements and you dont want to drag the background element, and you dont want to have to manually lock those elements. Being able to just hit a keyboard modifier and drag nested child layers would be extremely valuable to make quick adjustments to UI designs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Working with a developer, we think it would be a good idea to mark the name of the colors of fonts… we are adding in the asset panel in the panel right to the app.
    It will allows dev that are using the XD document locally on their computer (without the link) to watch exactly the name of the Color or the style for each element without reading informations.
    It will be also possible if the Color or the style used is focus in the asset panel.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I would expect to be able to save components from any file to the <library file>.
    This would help me keep track of the created components and re-use them as I design more screens, in separate files.
    Currently, I can't keep up with updating the <library file> as I work. I tried but it consumes a massive amount of time.

The extent to which I use this feature is by creating a <library file> that contains all the colours, fonts and a few basic components (inputs, selectors, buttons). As I create more and more screens with many new components, I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be awesome to be able to mark some elements inside a compontent to not change some properties on its states, for example, text. If I change the text on the main state, it would change the text inside the other states. With that, I would be able to improve my work on making hover buttons all over my prototype. The way it is now, I need to change the text inside all the states, what makes it impossible.

213 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hello,
    it'll be nice to have more hover states in one component.
    Currently i'm working on horizontal mega-menu and it's impossible to prototype mega menu appear on hover. I think i will need to use Tap for now - because when i'm creating two hover states - one doesn't work after another - only when i leave the component and hover it again. So i believe it shuold effect inner hover area also.

Another interesting fueature will be of changing of z-index on hover - it'll make life much easier. For now - i have no idea how to solve…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When exporting have a toggle that allows you to export at either the layer size (IE - cropped to the size of the text) or artboard size (IE - 300x250 for a big box banner ad).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Color gradient function. The area of color selection is too small to accurately locate the desired position,
    For example, the gradient is from: #000 (0%position) - > #aaa (50%position) - > #666 (50%position) - > #000 (100%position), like picture 1;It is suggested to increase the selection of color areas. Picture 2 is like this;

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for submitting this idea. I'm going to keep this open, but as a tip, you can press tab to switch to the next gradient stop if they're really close together.

19. When designing interfaces, it would be very convenient when after typing in a custom list of items in a grid, there is a function to sort them alphabetically. Right-click on the grid/group of items and choose 'order alphabetically'.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It is very demented to disable plugins when starting with the shift key pressed. I click 2x on XD before the file opens, switch back and start selecting files in a completely different program using shift select. The XD application reports me that it has turned off plugins. How many times a year do I need to turn off plugins that it's mapped to the shift key across the system?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →