Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

158 results found

1. I have issue with SVG generated by XD for usage in Icon Font generator. I use this one: https://www.npmjs.com/package/gulp-iconfont

There is online generator:
    http://nfroidure.github.io/svgiconfont/

I attach one example file generate by XD: heart-xd.svg
    Result: https://cl.ly/272g0m1g202H/Image%202018-06-11%20at%208.16.09%20odp..png

And one re-saved by Illustrator: heart-illustator.svg
    Result: https://cl.ly/28382e3k2v0C/Image%202018-06-11%20at%208.16.56%20odp..png

Because if I open the svg in illustrator and re-save it, it'll work fine. I am suspecting the svg syntax in XD doesn't work properly.

I got information that XD SVG does not export bezier point data so scenario you’re describing is expected with how the feature is currently designed.

Maybe connected to this request:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/31672270-better-svg-export

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Possibility to export png as 9patch images is very useful to deliver assets to developers correctly, specially when we design android apps.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. For mobile apps Design we need light weight for the assets we export on the stores ( play store / app store ). So actually we only export in PNG for android and iOS. The result when I export a Picture, my PNG is for example 1Mo if Adobe XD have the possibility to export in jpeg my @2x @3x pictures will be 0,1Mo.
    Because when our app is to heavy on the store you loose some customer, downloading is too long...
    So please, could you implant that point and quality export select like photoshop or illustrator.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I work for a large ad agency. Currently we design in InDesign and export a PDF with margins to route through the agency and to and from our large, lucrative client. The margins are essential because we annotate the files. The PDF goes from department to department where stakeholders comment. The PDF is created by the art dept and lands back there and comments are addressed after it makes it's rounds.

We would need to be able to create margins on our PDF exports to hold the anotations in order to even consider using XD. I think that one tweak…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I design layout with sample text. I export the background for use in actual layouts. Now I have to hide what I don't want to export.
    By marking them I don't have to hide them and editing layout will also be a lot easier. All hidden items in a group cannot be selected and moved together with items not in the group.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be nice to have a simple option to see all elements/assets which are markded for export. Sometimes you mark an element by mistake (for example a simple rectangle). Later it could be hard to find this special element on your artboard layers to remove the export marker.

106 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. • Text stays editable in the original document
    • I won't have to convert all texts to paths manually (which can be a lot of work)

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would like to see a link to my export folder (or open the export folder automatically) when my export is complete.

It would optimize my workflow, since I use my exported assets immediately. F.ex. to use in invision etc... now I have to browse separately to the folder.

Example:
    In Balsamiq a small link is shown "go there", in the confirmation message when my export is complete.

other suggestion: maybe an additional checkbox in the export settings: "open folder when complete".

It's a small feature, but every 10 seconds per export I can save, would make me happy :)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. the title says it all
    During export i don't want to be clicking and looking for the location of the export every single time.

Please make a button that resets the export location to the location of *.xd file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. We do design in iPhone 5 size that 320x568 and we have script for illustrator, which will give export GUI, where we can select export size options for both iOS, android and web sizes. This way we don't have to design icons separately for other platforms. Have attached screenshots for reference, there you can see option to set base frame size used to design this will do the calculations in background and will export scaled icons for other selected sizes.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add support for exporting to these file formats(.wmf and .emf)
    This is valuable to allow maximum flexibility and reduce spacing costs on cloud storage.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please allow for images to be exported in "WEBP" formats.

Sketch caters for "WEBP" formats (see attached image) and it would be great if XD was able to (both read and) export to this format too.

274 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. this is very important feature, that will make life of many designers and their clients much better

1,803 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Next to work for web and apps, I also do work for custom interfaces. These interfaces lack support for png, jpg or svg. It would be great if the exporting of assets can also be done to a 'simple' bitmap.

Right now my workflow is to use Illustrator for this, but this lacks the flexibility and simplicity of working in Adobe XD.

My proposal for this would be:

• Add a format option in the export dialog with BMP.
    • Add an extra option to choose the background color for all exported artboards, shapes or symbols.
    20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2x JPEGs typically should be compressed more than 1x JPEGs, so being able to individually set quality would be extremely useful, otherwise I have to do two separate exports (each with a different quality) and merge the results.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Right now, if I have an icon that I need to export for both iOS and Android, I have to run through the export process twice. It would be nice if "Export for" was a multi-select checkbox instead of a radio button.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Exporting assets (like a row of buttons) as JPG turns the transparent space to white - it should change it to the artboards background colour (or even better, give the user the option to use the background colour or not)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The ability to save a PNG or JPG file with all the artboards in the file
    I'd like to save my artboards to a single file, but I can only currently export a series of images of each artboard. I've provided an example below, which I've stitched together in Photoshop.

Poder Guardar un archivo .PNG o .JPG con todas las mesas de trabajo como lo esta ya haciendo Photoshop cc

Buenas amigos la idea seria que al guardar mis mesas si tengo un archivo extenso se puedan guardar todas al mismo tiempo como .PNG o . JPG como lo hace…

110 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Currently when you export a PDF with the same name as an already opened previous version, it wont say what is wrong. Would be nice if they fix this!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)