Settings and activity
3 results found
An error occurred while saving the comment
3,888 votesfeature-in-the-backlog · 509 comments · Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only) » 01 : Design mode · Admin →
3 results found
100% agree! There is no solution out there right now for a complete end-to-end, design to development, Design System solution. Right now InVision is hot on the trail developing it's DSM technology. But Adobe has all of the advanced technology it needs to make this happen. Combining and leveraging the power of several flagship applications such as Photoshop, InDesign, XD, and Dreamweaver, a new and improved version of XD could be released that becomes a Design System tool so powerful that it could not be beat.
Just imagine, it could...
1) Keep allowing designers to design components and layouts
2) Keep allowing designers to combine smaller components into larger components
3) Allow advanced editing designers are used to using in Photoshop and Illustrator
4) Allow code assets to be created for components at the same time they are being designed by leveraging Dreamweaver's existing WYSIWYG editor functionality. (Example: As I drag and drop things around in Dreamweaver, it is automatically creating HTML code in the code editor that a developer can use. I can split my screen and see the code as I drag and drop things around. If I'm a developer AND a designer, I will have the ability to fine-tune my designs if I decide to tweak them in the code.)
5) Allow the final component + code (HTML & CSS) to be entered into a design system by leveraging existing XD version control.
6) Allow developers to contribute code to the design system via the same process, only going in the other direction, from using the code editor instead of the design editor.
7) Allow designers and developers to accept one another's changes via version control, in order to maintain up-to-date code and design libraries
8) Allow designers to see in their components the new or updated item the developer created, available for them to use in designs and prototypes
9) Allow designers to specify the parameters that can be modified for UI components
Just some of these changes, especially adding the code would cause XD to have super powers LIKE NO OTHER APP ON THE MARKET TODAY, AND it would make thousands of designers and developers super happy!