22 votesbug-investigation-in-progress · AdminNina Ramos (Adobe XD) (Program Manager, Quality, Adobe) responded
@Sander The error indicates Adobe Sync is either out of date or not running correctly. Looks like you’ve got the latest version for AS.
Restarting your machine should do the trick. This help page has a few more steps to help (re-installing entire Creative Cloud is not one of them :) https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/issue-saving-xd-file-creative-cloud.html
If you still see the problem, can you share the following log files via cloud location (WeTransfer, Dropbox etc) to email@example.com (be sure to share link for this post so we know what we’re tracking), https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html
Sure Nina, always happy to help ^_^
And yes of course, I will send you the log, but it will take some time since I don't have access to that specific system till Saturday.
Adobe XD User
This happens because of an outdated version of Creative Cloud Sync.
Thank you for your reply. Yes, apparently the problem was due to an outdated version of Creative Cloud Sync. After updating to 220.127.116.11, the problem is gone.
But the updating process was not as easy as described. Even though I did update the Creative Cloud Application, the Core Sync would not update. No matter which how many times I tried, Core Sync refused to update, likely because it was in use by some kind of Adobe application or service.
The solution as Adobe suggested was the huge time consuming way of uninstalling all Adobe applications along with Creative Cloud Application or I could come up with an alternative easier solution, and that is what I exactly did.
So with your permission I would like to share my solution for anyone who might get here from the search. This solution does not require any Adobe App or the ACC to be uninstalled.
1. Exit from all Adobe Applications (including Adobe Creative Cloud itself).
2. From the Windows Task Manager, force-end all Adobe related services. For this you can either use Windows Task Manager or third part tools such as Process Explorer by Microsoft. I used the latter solution and simply killed the process tree of "Adobe Desktop Service.exe"
3. Then go to the below path and rename the "Adobe Sync" folder to "Adobe Sync-OLD".
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe"
4. Now re-run the Adobe Creative Cloud application and wait for the update process to happen.
5. Since the ACC can not find the Core Sync app it will download newest version of Creative Cloud Sync from Adobe servers.
6. Open Adobe XD and you would no longer see the 50 Error and the app would work like it used to!
I have no idea why the attached GIF file did not appear here. So I uploaded it to imgur:
https://i.imgur.com/ZlJMnKz.gifSaber Naeemi shared this idea ·