Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. I have a page that scrolls. The assets at the bottom cannot be viewed because the developer mode doesn't recognize the scroll. I scroll to the bottom, and then change to developer view and the assets I can select are still the same as before I scrolled, just invisible.

This is an issue for a developer team because they can't see the details of the buttons.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. We are using the Atomic Design approach and have built our files accordingly. There is an underlying pattern library with all the atoms. Then there is one file for each molecule, these files use the atoms. Finally, there are the files of the programs that plug atoms and molecules together. This file structure isn't entirely because of Atomic Design, but also because we are running into performance problems with our rather big files otherwise.
    With the old feature of linked assets that was never a problem, now we started to using the Library feature and are running into issues:
    I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It will be great to create a grid that works verticaly and horizontaly, like a grid based on the golden number. It is really ennoying that we can have only vertical grid. And also it would be great to use a feature like "auto grid" plugin to create grid using the perfect pixel. Now it is really painfull to make great design base on a great grid. Thank you and sorry for my english ;)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Have the option of recovering a link that you have deleted or at least that the deleted links go to a recycle bin and are inactive, with the possibility of recovering them if necessary

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I use XD almost every day for wireframing and prototyping game interfaces for both mobile, PC, and console games. For mobile and PC games I'm pretty happy with the current feature set but I feel like there are a few improvements that would really help those doing UX for console games. Here are a few points, in particular, I'd love to see improved.

1) 'Combination' Trigger type for Interactions
    For interfaces in games you quite often need to press a combination of keys, buttons, or key + click to open menus. It would be great if you could set an…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! UserVoice works best when you file only one suggestion per ticket. I’ll change the title of this one to cover the combination trigger, and I encourage you to file the others as separate tickets.

6. I came across a superior licensing (adapted below). It is kind to customers who need the software briefly rather than regularly. To sum it up the software works perpetually but updates require periodic renewal. It also encourages developers to serve the people's needs so they renew the service. Currently you have to pay constantly for software that doesn't have to improve.

Yearly License Explained
    The yearly license model is becoming a popular pricing model for design tools. It’s fair for developers and customers.

You get frequent, useful updates and we get rewarded for our ongoing full-time work on Adobe. You…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  7. Just like the preset artboard sizes for mobile, tablet, web, social and watch; I would like the web banner sizes to be added to the artboard presets for a quicker set up. Artboard size examples: 300x250, 728x90, 160x600, 300x600, 970x250, 300x50, etc

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I try to upload an XD file to my business profile (first download it from my personal profile). Unfortunately it will give an error that only psd or ai is possible. But at this link it says that it is possible...https://helpx.adobe.com/nl/enterprise/using/move-assets-across-profiles.html. So I expect this is a bug? Can you resolve this? Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  9. The libraries panel is always shown when I open a file and it's a bit annoying. I wish this was collapsed by default, or even better have the program remember what my display looked like the last time I closed that particular file (for instance, if I had the layers panel shown when I closed a file, then when I open the file again that panel would show by default).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  10. Hi, I raised this is the XD Adobe Community and I was recommended to post it here:
    I love XD. Please could you facilitate mouse 'roll off'' events/states/triggers whatever you want to call them, to hover states. I just want a hover animation to play, then when the mouse 'rolls off' the hotspot, the hover state remains the same rather than return to the default state. If I remember correctly this is something from the old Flash days, it's even in InDesign! Please can you get it in XD? There isn't a workaround either and creating multiple artboards is just…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. position elements relative to the component coordinate system NOT THE RANDOM ARTBOARD IT IS ON!!!!

When you make a component it should have its own coordinate system where the upper left corner is 0, 0. It is insane that you reference the artboard for position and not the parent container (component). I know you thought was a good idea when you made it this way. I am sure you had to go to your boss to force the software developers to get this feature. I am sure that they had to write a work around to even get it to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The idea is quite simple and it exists already in Figma. When you have a dialog displayed as an overlay, it often changes its content as the user interacts with it (I don't want to create a component for that - it shouldn't be the purpose of the component feature and it makes the component panel messy.) So when creating a link between 2 states of an overlay, I would like to have an option to switch the overlays.

Then It would be awesome if the option "close overlay" would close the overlay (the "previous artboard" is not helpful here).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be great if some features to support dual-screen laptops, like zenbook duo, could be added. Similar to the control panel support available for adobe photoshop.

Meanwhile, it would have been nice if the panels were dockable at least. Since the panels could not be docked aside, we are not able to take the panels to a separate screen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Your second suggestion already exists, so I’m going to keep this one open for dual screen support. You should upvote the other one to get updates on that.

14. I can't see the component names in an XD Share link because they're long. I'd like the ability to either 1) view the whole name on hover, 2) resize the right hand nav panel to be wider or 3) have any long information scroll on hover. Truncating the name with an ellipsis doesn't help anyone.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be good if an option could be put in all forms or at least when several elements are grouped that would make the content that we put inside it clip the content so that it would not be seen from the outside, just as artboards do. It seems to me something primary that should be because having to create a mask with the work that it gives just for that is a lot.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  17. There is currently an issue with XD that if you install the Creative Cloud version of a Font, that was previously installed on your Windows machine, then XD will consider that you're using the old version of the font and warn you that all fonts are missing.

Actually from a technical perspective I understand "Why", however what is infuriating is that the "Replace font" tool itself doesn't understand that we installed a new version and that when we select the new font to replace with in the dropdown, it should replace with the new version of that font.

Because the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When a text layer is created, the layer name is the same as that of the text. However, when the text is updated or made a copy of, the new layer's label in the layers panel remains the same. It needs to be updated in real-time as per the text on the artboard.

Right now, it is very confusing to look at the same text-labeled layers in the layers panel.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  20. It would be great if there was a warning dialogue that's triggered to let you know that you're updating your link with a different flow.

Having lost about 100 client comments I'm hoping that's something that can be implemented.

What happened:
    I have 2 flows that I'd created both with online preview links for client review. I wanted to update Flow 2 and selected the 'Flow 2' link from the 'Link' dropdown menu. What I didn't notice is that Flow 1 was auto-selected on the canvas so my Flow 2 link became the Flow 1 artboards. Which meant I lost…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)