Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. In any Adobe app, or most any Mac design app, you can drag an image from your finder, or straight from a browser onto the app icon, and it will open up a canvas with that image sized exactly to the size of that image. Use that feature in fireworks and photoshop daily. However, when doing this with Xd it gives an error. You can drag an image onto the canvas itself from a web browser but dragging onto the icon does not appear to work.

A while back it stopped working with Fireworks too, but Adobe finally fixed it…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I would LOVE to be able to create simple UI layouts for Adobe JSX scripts.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I know Layer Panel is on the way so I hope this idea will help.

Naming Layer is still one of the worst nightmare. We forget to name layer and group all the time. We need good naming for organizing and exporting assets but with hundred of layers after the design done, we just cannot complete this task well.

So I think you should make a new kind of naming process to encourage designers do it as an important part of their routine.

My idea is a naming box appearing after we add an vector, bitmap or a shape. The…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When you select the rectangle, ellipse or line tool, the 1px outline goes blue to show it is selected and active. It would be nice to also slightly darken/lighten the background color of the selected tool too just to show contrast as the 1px blue is too subtle, I have to click twice to be sure my selected tool is actually active.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Something very similar to Quicktime's Trim feature, I would like to be able to trim the video on either side so that I can get the mouse in the right position, etc (this isn't cropping the video to a new resolution, simply shortening the length of the video)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. A 'Properties' or Meta panel, different from a 'CSS' panel.

This panel would have information on imported or placed files and their attributes.

Files would have their source (src) property, original dimensions, size, etc. Maybe even a little thumbnail.

There would also be a way of changing the linked file, opening source file in associated software etc.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Imported photos via Lightroom, google photos, dropbox as in Adobe Slate does.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Currently z value is retained when yoiu disable 3D Transform. The z value should be reset to 0 when 3D Transform is not applied (but the original value should be reinstated when 3D Transform is reactivated).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Currently padding allows parent components to change size when the child component changes size in the design mode. This works for all elements including components. Adding different sized states to the child component will cause the parent component to react correctly.

However, in presentation mode, the padding state seems to be locked. If a child component changes, the parent (whose size was determined by the child's + padding) won't adjust the padding to the child's new size.

If the padding feature was extended to the web mode it would greatly improve the workflow. If this could be added to the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Would be handy have the ability to edit multiple elements that share same animation properties by selecting them. I usually have to edit tables and rows with same properties/elements and I have to go editing 1 by 1 while all rows has same content and same animation properties. I know lot of designers would appreciate this fuctionality: edition on bulck

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Currently, there is no way for the development team to be able to read the entirety of the truncated text. Please make this more accessible.

This is happening on published links:

1. In the "Search" results in grid mode.
    2. In the specs for Component name & Layer names
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. To have full control on editing of a compound path it would be rally helpful to be able to release it from it's compound. This way font icons or text that is converted to a path is much easier to edit. At this moment I need Illustrator as a workaround.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. A busy design session may result in "orphan" Character Styles which are not named or do not conform with the standards. For example, I want all body copy to be 14pt but a few instances were wrongly created at 13pt. Currently, I click one instance of the 13pt, then "Add Character Style to Assets". I can then use the "Highlight on Canvas" feature to SHOW ever instance. But I cannot apply the 14pt style to them because they are not SELECTED. If "Select on Canvas" were an option, I could apply the correct 14pt style to all of the 13pt…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. In the design specs that can be viewed in a web browser, if you open the specs panel an click on an element in the artboard, the specs panel will show the name of the selected layer.

Problem is, if the layer name is a little longer, it gets cropped with "..." ellipsis and there is no way to see the full layer name. (See screenshot: Our layer name "GENERAL.HEADER.HELP-BUTTON.LABEL" is shortened to "GENERAL.HEADER.HELP-BUTTO...")

Please either change the layout so that the full layer name is displayed.

Or, as a really simple quick fix, add a title attribute to that…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I think XD should be feature like Renaming & Swap Symbol like Sketch & Figma. Where I can easily rename any selected component, layer, group or art board and easily swap symbol instead of drag and drop.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! You can currently rename components in the assets panel. You can already swap components by dragging any component over any other component instance to replace one component to another. I’ll change this suggestion to reflect that.

17. I would like to see a feature, much like in InDesign, where you can toggle the display performance settings for the art boards in file.

My company tends to keep a lot of screens and components in master files and working in those can become tedious due to CPU drag. It'd be great to be able to downgrade the display performance to more quickly navigate the file.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  18. I believe, this is major bug in Adobe XD, Photoshop Guid Layout is perfect. In this way out layout is not going to be in center. If we use Align Center then there is no use.

If I enter any value to "linked left and right align" feature, it automatically convert to "Different margin for each section" feature.

I guess the issue is column width. It need to be calculate automatically. 

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hi

If I have a dropdown that is collapsed when sharing my assets are not visible for download in the developers link. Not even if I expand the dropdown.

If I instead have my dropdown as expanded when sharing generating the link, the assets are visible in the developers link – until I collapse the dropdown. Then they are unavailable.

The assets should be available when the dropdown is open, whether it is done manually in the developers link or if the dropdown is expanded prior to generating the link.

Thanks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. In the table example shown below, the text element in the third column is set to auto height. All of the table cells are in Cell Group, which was then grouped with the horizontal line below Cell Group to create Row Group. Row Group has stacking turned on so that the horizontal line is always 16px below Cell Group.

This is all well and good until Repeat Grid enters the picture. If I create a repeat grid from Row Group, set the grid spacing to 16px, then populate variable height content into Column 3, I get the mess shown in…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)