Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Bug: When you edit an animation in design mode and try to edit the time, there is an error when you try to type the time.

The textfield shows for example:
    0,5 Sec.

If try to edit and you type:
    0,6 Sec.

it goes back to
    0,5 Sec.

You need to type:
    0.6 Sec.
    to edit the field correctly.

And then, the field shows again:
    0,6 Sec.

Why? It drives me crazy when editing animations. It should be only. 0,6 (comma) and also SHOWING 0,6 but not this mixed mode.

Also it would be very convient if the "Sec". would…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Allow padding to work even if the background is a component. Currently, there's no easy way to have a component "shrinkwrap" around it's content, as you would commonly want with a card or panel.

Put another way, the limitations on https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/set-fixed-padding-for-components-groups.html# specifically state: "Components ... cannot act as a background for a group or component." Please remove this limitation!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. We need to have a way to leave comments on specific objects or artboards in files with coediting enabled. Should be able to tag other people, assign the comment, and resolve when completed. Bonus points if you can integrate with, like, asana or trello or whatever.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. The ability for a designer to choose which component to add to CC Library.
    2. This is valuable because when we publish to the CC Library, it publishes ALL the components. It would be nice if we could pick & choose which components to publish as not all components are ready to be published to the CC Library and shared with other designers.
    6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When I create a new Hover State, by default adobe XD create a new hover interaction with default parameters :
    - Auto Animate
    - Ease-Out
    - 0,3 seconds

I never use this config. I always need this config for hover:
    - Type : Transition
    - Animation : None

It's very annoying because I have to reset all my Hover interaction every time. Is there a way of modifying these settings by default ? Every time I create an Hover state, i would like to have a transition without any animation by default.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It would be great if libraries could be updated with a single click rather than the multiple click, pop-up window, sometimes blue bar on the bottom too, senseless process currently in place.

Updating assets in a document using a shared library could also do with "some" thought.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow user to view (even if they can't edit) a cloud document saved with a newer version of XD than the accessing user is running.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  8. I occasionally come up against a situation where I have created two components that I realize should have been a single component.

When this happens I must repeatedly highlight the redundant component on the canvas and manually replace the component.

It would be great to have a way of simply replacing all occurrences of the redundant component.

In an ideal world, this function would be a smart replace where object attributes from the replaced component instances were applied to an object in the new component instance where its name and type matched.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Having copied a component from a different document and made it local, I think it would be more logical if the component was also tagged as the main component instead of just an instance.

This was the behaviour that I naturally assumed was taking place when I first did this because whenever I create a component in other circumstances the selected object is the main component.

When you implement the duplicate component functionality I would also argue for the duplicate component to be tagged as a main component.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I love the new adjust line height trick. Thank you. Clicking the red target now resizes to fit the font. Awesome. Curious why we wouldn't want to consider line height in this adjustment?

If a developer needs to know the white space between H1 and an p style. The H1 line height is a declaration and affects the next selector.

Perhaps it's a shift click and it recognizes the font size and line height?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. In addition to sharing assets like colors, components, and character styles via libaries, I'd love the ability to share my grid setup as well, as the grid is a vitally important piece to design systems.

Currently, we have to create a blank XD file with the grid set up on an artboard, then share that doc out with our team. They then copy and paste the artboards into a new document that has the library linked.

It's a burden to say the least.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Have the possibility to "Reset to Main State" all the instances of one component present in the document in one click.

I'm working on a file with 60+ artboards, with lots of components and subcomponents. Sometimes the instances of my components don't update automatically when I edit the main state, so I have to do it manually for each one of them.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add a close button to the cookie message, or other quick way to hide it.

The cookie message blocks parts of the UI, and there is no save button when you choose options. It seems designed to get you to accept all cookies.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. In "component (main)", the speech playback action is linked only to the "tap" trigger.

We were unable to use the speech playback linked to hover interaction, as this would help in prototypes to test with blind people.

The "talkback" tools used by blind people do not reproduce the prototypes, so we were unable to test solutions created for these users without developing the application.

So it would be extremely necessary for the prototype to be able to reproduce the elements by hovering the mouse under the screen.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The current file browser is far too small, it's difficult to browse and differentiate from my files as I tend to put the client name at the start of the file name. Please make the window bigger or allow us to resize it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  17. A user testing the prototype in the browser is not sure which components have hover states and thus miss all that the prototype has to offer.

It will be great to also have hints for hovers, similar to hotspot hints.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Need to set language to the text field to use font localization and correct glyphs!!!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow hover states to activate on mobile when you hold down on the button.

As a UI design I've been wanting this for a while and wished it came to the app! I think this will benefit all of us

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)