Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

627 results found

1. Example: Character Style Title, menu option, tabBar option, etc

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I'm a developer and we normally often get Photoshop files shared via Creative Cloud. Creative Cloud has an option on assets.adobe.com "Extract", this takes you to a screen when you can directly extract assets and download them as SVG/PNG etc.

As a developer I don't need to or want to delve into a graphics program to try and extract individual assets. I don't want to know about clipping masks etc. etc. I just want to be able to contextually extract assets as I'm building a website/app. Creative Cloud's Extract feature works well for this but there seems to be no…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

With XD’s 11.0 release (which happened moments ago), we’ve made this feature live.

You can now save time and give developers the ability to extract and download assets from Design Specs. Mark layers as assets for export and send as a Design Specs link. Developers can download all the assets in the file format they need

As always, please do let us know about what you think of this feature and feel free to log the improvements that you’d like to see in this workflow as new requests at adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-x..

Thanks,
    Harish

3. Is there a way to get rid of that default annoying grey border in shared prototypes? What's the purpose? It doesn't appear when viewed on laptop, why it's showing on mobile?

I have a black background design of a mobile app. When viewed on a mobile phone it really impacts the overall experience and generates confusion (is it intentional?).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I tried to open a sketch file but all the screens are blank with no data except the layers names

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When writing a comment on a prototype it's really easy to hit "return" and submit the comment. After the fact I actually meant to pin the comment to the artboard. Presently I have to copy the comment, delete it, then paste into a new comment then click "Pin to artboard". It would be nice to have a button in edit mode or next to the edit button where I can pin the comment to the artboard after I've submitted it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Style Guide - Rollover Highlighting

With the release of v. 0.8.22, when you rollover a style in the "Character Styles" listing, it should highlight all elements in the project that use that style. Inversely, if I click on an object that uses that style, it should highlight the style.

The current implementation means we have repeat entries if two usages share the same stylings, but could deviate in the future, because the use case is different.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add a "Guideline Mode" in addition to the prototype mode and design mode. This would be a content area of speficications like color schemes, used fonts, symbols and other visuals etc. It would be good to have a basic content template for the most typical things like color palette etc. but make it also possible to add custom content.

This functionality would help to work on the design in teams and to communicate the design fundamentals to customer and developers.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. This suggestion actually is for you guys on this Feature Request Board.

You guys have been so hard at work enabling features and when I search for them I see the bright green text saying the feature has been published. And Elaine does a great job of telling when the feature is available.

The issue is that I don't quite know how to use the new feature or see it's effects. Is there a way to see a quick animated screen grab of the feature so i know how to use the feature you guys have now implemented?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. I am in China right now and try to preview my design on my iphone, however, it doesn't support to download XD mobile app with my current apple ID.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Janice Yip responded

We’ve just launched XD mobile in the China App Store! Please check it out and let us know what you think!

10. I have been using XD a lot and have been publishing prototypes for developers and stakeholders.

I have found that more often than not they are using the bottom page scroll more than using the clickable links inside the prototype.

This is causing confusion when the workflow isn't linear as they are view the prototype as a slideshow instead of an interactive prototype.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be great if XD stops renaming the Layers when you convert them into a symbol.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

XD should be working this way now — if you select a single object (layer) and create a Component, the component name will be taken from that object’s name.

If you select multiple objects at once to make a Component you’ll still get a generic name, but you can rename it in the Assets panel afterward.

12. Better way of displaying white icons within the symbol panel, so they are visible on a white background

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Right now XD is free to use, but eventually it has to make money for Adobe. From that perspective, Adobe can consider making it a freemium product. This will help address the scenario where large organisations cannot afford buying XD for all of their developers. Yet for the designers to use XD professionally there needs to be a practical way to seamlessly hand-over the XD designs to the developers.

The full-fledged version of XD with all features can be no doubt purchased for the designers within the organisations. However the developers can still access the XD files using the free…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Description:
    When we press ⌘+0 XD zooms out to bird's-eye view. It would be useful to zoom back in to a selected artboard when press ⌘+1 or ⌘+2. But not to the empty grey back ground as it may happen now in the compositions like these (image attached).

Why is this valuable to you:
    You will be able to switch between different artboards instantly. Even if they're more than 50. Vey easy to navigate and find necessary pages.

Additional request:
    When zoom to a selected artboard, zoom not just to the center of it, but to the top side (image…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  Tom Krcha responded

You can now select the artboard and hit CMD+3 and it will zoom to the selected artboard.

Tom (Adobe XD)

15. Is it me or does the app currently not support drag n drop from the web browser into app, for example an image into a art board or shape, I have to save it to the desktop top first then drag n drop it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like to be able to drag Images from other apps. Currently I can copy and paste text and shapes, but images don't transfer. In order to get images to XD I have to drag an image file outside of photoshop or illustrator. I would like to drag them from the AI or PSD file as well.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the current version of Adobe XD, you should be able to copy and paste Photoshop layers complete with transparency into XD. You should also be able to copy-paste Illustrator selections that include raster images.

If you find that’s not working for you and your copy of XD is fully up to date, please file a bug in UserVoice with specifics about the type of content you’re copy-pasting and what’s not working — if you can share a file with us that shows the problem, that’s even better.

Thanks!

17. Rectangles and ellipses can be marked as "cropping". Such cropping containers will apply a cropping mask on anything put inside it. This should be a reversible behavior.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I'm constantly changing this in PS.. and the hex field is buried away inside XD

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ive tried the new features its cool. But Horizontal Scroll doesnt work on windows where you in preview mode. However, when generate links, it works well browing using the links

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Need the ability to 'deselect' the home artboard.

Issue: If I create a prototype with links to the home artboard I can share everything linked to home.

If I then need to remove all connectors so none of the pages were linked, but I still want to publish all artboards, it won't allow me to do it. Only the home artboard is selected.

Basically, once you have physically selected the home artboard by clicking the home icon (rather than having XD do it by default when you create your first board) then you're done! Only one screen can be published…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)