Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. With the new version of XD, you now have 2 options to Save: Cloud Documents, Your Computer...

Say I've saved a file to Cloud Documents. If I want to work on this file offline, I have to plan ahead to save this file to my computer too; that's double the clicks. And I have to remember which file is the most up-to-date to replace the old one, which is not good user experience in terms of human memory. Can we have an option to automatically save a copy to our computers with Automatic Sync?

While I'm at it, can I…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. This may be fixed once you introduce states, but I think component bounding boxes should change height if showing or hiding a layer affects the height of the group.

For example, we have used components to create form fields, with different layers for various states of the component. We have an error state that includes an additional line of text with a description. If we include this error state inside our master "input" component, the height of the component will include the error state height, regardless of if we have the layer turned on or off. This causes us to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I would like to see the option to add filters to svg elements in the design that match the current spec of web svg. Things like color inversions, blurs, etc would be really helpful, especially when designing for the web.

The reason being often times we as designers may create something that may not be possible unless we export the element as an image. These elements are not always SEO friendly (such as when working with stylized text). However, we can often accomplish a similar effect by using svg filters in the web. So, allowing us to apply these and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I would love to be able to customize the easing function - similar to how you can edit easing graphs in after effects - or the simplicity of how you can edit the easing curves in InVision Studio. This really gives a us the ability to make a product feel more custom.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. We seriously need to be able to convert our designs into code, just like sketch and invision can both do. This is the only thing holding people back from joining xd.

385 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, all-

“Convert to code” is fairly ambiguous, and I’m looking for more specifics as to what you’re hoping to get out of this. We already have a number of stories that go to specific technologies: HTML/CSS, XCode, Android Studio, etc. I’d like to close this one out in the interest of having more specific export paths.

-Elaine

6. ADOBE XD v 21.2.12.3 does not preview to "Amazon Echo Show 5" properly. I keep getting black bars on either side of my layouts regardless of what size I set up my artboards. The internet says the Show 5 screen dimensions are 960x480, but XD won't do that. Any workarounds?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. You can currently define the restraints for objects within a group for responsive resize when it's set to manual mode.

It would be great to be able to set points in a path as well. Instead it sets the restraint for the entire path.

My main use case is creating a set of reusable components I can use for flow diagrams that resize w/o getting all wonky-looking. See attached gif.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When viewing a mobile device prototype through a browser, it should already display information such as battery, time, Wi-Fi, or information on that particular mobile device model that the person has determined. This information is currently entered manually and ends up topping up a time of work that could be used for other things. I believe this would make it easier for the customer to see.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The Dribbble plugin can only share static imagery. I want to immediately share my animations made in Adobe XD without going to After Effects.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Similar to the 'Color' tool panel from AI.

This can/should also incorporate other features like seeing the hex or color build information of the fill or outline without having to click into a secondary panel.

Tie in key commands like 'x' for swapping the focus from outline to fill, 'd' for resetting to base black/white, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Now I can only link a full prototype / design spec to a jira issue.
    Our workflow is to (deep)link specific screens from that prototype to a single ticket as the scope of the issue is only a part of the prototype.

Or is there a workaround?

This is an important feature to make the Jira integration useful for us.
    I'm using Jira Server in my organisation.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Desperately need to add natural cursor behavior to the demos when they are being recorded. When I just play the demo, it behaves as it should. BUT as soon as I click the record button, it switches to that weird circle thing that doesn't represent a true desktop user experience and actually makes navigation more difficult. This seems like a no-brainer and people have been asking it for it for years.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It'd be great if you could organize your layers into folders without grouping them on the actual artboard. It'd make selection much easier. For example, in Photoshop you can put layers in the same folder but they aren't necessarily "linked" meaning that clicking on one item doesn't select the entire group.

Currently the only way to organize your layers into folders is to physically group or link them on the actual artboard.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Sometimes I remember the name of a button or notes I left in the document. And it would be very helpful to allow macOS to index files plain text content and make it searchable by Finder! Same applicable to Windows/Explorer combination.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  15. If i have an image in the clipboard, i would like to be able to create a new document based on its size (similar to what Photoshop does). Idea: If an image is in the clipboard, Prefill custom size fields with image dimensions from clipboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  16. while using the pen tool and adding a point to a line that already exists, if you hold shift the new point will automatically snap to the exact middle between the two points to the left and right.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be really useful for the prototype owner to be able to choose the type of comment they use on a prototype.

For example:
    Standard Comments - The current comment style used today
    Annotation Comment - These would be used to denote key callouts for stakeholders/developers
    Designer Comment - Personal notes that remind us to make changes to the design after a stakeholder/user review. (only seen by prototype owner/collaborators)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When I publish design specs (Share - Share for development) the text that I have outside art boards gets excluded. I have text to label different sections in the userflow, like headlines. When I share the same files for collaboration (Share - Invite to edit) the text is included. It would be nice if the text outside the art boards could be included in design specs as well, that way the developers can get the same information and understand the userflow.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Edited: I'd like to see all downloadable assets in Design Specs, because sometimes I have assets that are repeated across multiple artboards.

Original: It's possible to see all assets in all artboards in one click

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It could be great to have an overview of the design scale inside the design review or developer review when we work across team. Some device are not on Retina Display and developers don't know if the scale is great.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)