Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Circular mouse pointer with button press effects for windows users when recording interaction, as mac users have

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Please include 'Price' as a plugin detail shown in the 'Show More' (details) pane for each Plugin of the Plugin Panel / Plugin Manager included with XD.

Specifically - 'Free', One-Time Price or Subscription.

This would save a lot of time in either researching a Plugin, assessing it's value or avoiding installing / using a Plugin that you wouldn't otherwise bother with if you knew, for example, it required a subscription.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  3. Hi,

I would like to request basic, native Xbox controller integration into the mobile application - the simple tap action is all I am looking for.

I am currently working for ABC Studios International and utilizing Adobe XD to produce the apps which appear within the show. Usually this work would occur in post production, however I am trying to encourage a more active use of this software in my local screen industry.

An example of an application is a simple phone call interaction. The character receives a call, picks up and hangs up. In most cases the talent can…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When using background blur or object blur, I want to be able to animate blur radius using Auto-Animate. Currently it will animate the position, size, & opacity of an object but it doesn't animate its blur.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hi, one of programmers at my work had a problem with clip path ID in SVG files that was exported from XD because each of them didn't have unique clip path ID. Whereas exporting from Illustrator had an option of giving clip path ID a unique ID. Can it be also implemented in XD?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. We need icon exports without inline styles to be able to later color them by CSS . It's inconvenient that our frontend team members always have to delete those manually, when downloading SVGs from the Specs Page. As it is now, the download button is unusable.

Good Example (Nucleo Icon Export):
    <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" viewBox="0 0 24 24" width="24" height="24"><g class="nc-icon-wrapper" stroke-linecap="square" stroke-linejoin="miter" stroke-width="2" stroke="currentColor"><circle cx="12" cy="12" r="11" fill="none" stroke="currentColor" stroke-miterlimit="10"/> <line data-color="color-2" x1="11.959" y1="11" x2="11.959" y2="17" fill="none" stroke-miterlimit="10"/> <circle data-color="color-2" data-stroke="none" cx="11.959" cy="7" r="1" stroke="none"/></g></svg>

Bad Example:
    <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" width="24" height="24" viewBox="0 0 24 24"><defs><style>.a{fill:none;stroke:#0f0f0f;stroke-linecap:square;stroke-miterlimit:10;stroke-width:2px;}.b{fill:#0f0f0f;}</style></defs><circle class="a" cx="11" cy="11" r="11" transform="translate(1…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The ability to create lists, both ordered and unordered. Lists are one of the most used strategies of UX.

The feature should include the ability to have the lines of text align with each other when the text runs to 2 or more lines (see third item in the attached).

The Repeat Grid feature is cumbersome when all I want to do is cut and paste text and turn it into a list. What Adobe is asking us to do is create 2 boxes, one for the bullet/number and one for the text, and then change each box in the…

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. In sketch, you can have various states of a button based on size of the artboard and symbol in the "control" artboard and naming convention. When importing my library system to XD, XD does not recognize any of my states and simply imports them all as individual symbols. Please make it so XD can understand states from sketch libraries and implement them as proper states in an imported library.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I sometimes need to adjust the position of the trademark or register trademark icons in my screens, after changing the size, but I cannot because there is no baseline shift.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It would be great to define font families that will be used in a project by adding them to the artboard property panel.
    This would help to
    - limit numbers of font used in a webdesign
    - change the font of a whole project

- maintain character styles easyly
    - avoid to miss some font replacement

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Why do I need to click 2 times on an folder on the layers panel to open it?
    I think it works better on Photoshop when the folder as a triangle with drop down.
    every time to get inside a folder the user needs to double click it is not comfortable for the user. I prefer the Photoshop convention

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would help to justify design of font (typography) and element sizing if XD allows to set a custom percent of zoom to enable viewing a true screen size on a device.

Currently XD misleads with View 100% by displaying a larger viewport size because incorrectly detecting my monitor(s) resolution/pixel density. So I have to do extra work changing Zoom level (under View) from 100% to 68% for seeing an actual size of a phone viewport.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I love the Fix Position When Scrolling option, but it only works for the outermost group/object in that artboard. This is very annoying, as I like to use nested groups a lot, and I'd like to fix the position of something within a subgroup, but the outside items should not be fixed. This would particularly help me because I like to have 3 main groups: header, content, and footer, and I can't organize my objects in this manner if I need to fix the scroll.

If this helps the developers (because I'm one), I'd compare this to properties in HTML.…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add more color contrast on the css section. It is currently purple and orange on a gray background. It is very hard to read.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please give users the option of scaling the prototype to browser width instead of just a straight - "view actual size" fullscreen option. It makes prototyping useless if we can't fit the prototype to the browser window.

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be very useful to be able to grab all the colour values as text in one go.
    To copy and paste into our SCSS or CSS.

Could be a download or copy all.

The shared assets in the Share for Development web pages are great. When it comes to the Colors, currently we can grab the Hex, RGBA, HSLA colours one at a time. I frequently want to grab all the colours.

Code editors help designers see the colours, we don't need to do the colours one at a time to know which is which.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. In the comment area, next to the "Mention A User" and "Place A Pin" function, could an "Attach File" option be added? This would be helpful when trying to convey complex concepts or referencing visual examples when words alone are not enough. The use of attachments would also accelerate the feedback process by increasing communication effectiveness, reducing avoidable errors and misunderstandings.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. I would like to have a trigger for device rotation, and connect two artboards to go from one layout to another when device rotation happens.

To go further, I like to be able to switch to another artboard based on size class changes (using iOS terms). Then I could have specific layouts for various potential sizes of my app, and this would include portrait to landscape rotation.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I want to create a endless slow moving animation in an endless cycle but the option for 5 seconds is too fast. I would like to have the flexibility to up its time duration.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Preserve animations with export to After Effects.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)