Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. DESCRIPTION

When selecting text it's not possible to scroll through the assets panel in order to select text styles and/or colors. The user is forced to de-select the text, scroll to the desired asset, re-select the text, and then finally apply the style or color.

1. VALUE

It would save about 10 million clicks a year. And me a nervous breakdown :-)

1. SCREEN CAPTURE ATTACHED
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1. All other Adobe Programmes allow for font auto-activation from Extensis Suitcase. Can we add it to XD?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2. Now the colors in Assets are forced to have a hex code as the default name.

Please:

1. allow options to change default naming to RGB, HSL, or others.
    2. automatically convert the existing color names in the assets to the same type of color code, if they haven't been edited.
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Currently the behavior of zooming is different between the Share Mode and Design and prototype mode.

This is confusing and not good usability. Please just allow the users to learn one way of zooming and keep it consistent within the application.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Admin →
  4. When the last open XD file is closed, the preview window remains open. This causes problems in opening a new document on my Mac.

Once I've closed all remaining XD files, when I go to open a new one from the welcome screen, I click the XD icon in the dock – but instead of opening the welcome screen, it takes me to the black-screened preview window (which, in full screen, sometimes will not reveal the red window close button in the top left). This means the only way to see the welcome screen is to completely quit XD and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  5. Our team is in the process of moving a significant portion of our website/web app design & production pipeline from Photoshop to XD.

Currently, one of our biggest snags involves having to re-import Smart Objects because they lose their appearance in XD. When we have created several Smart Objects in Photoshop, all the effects within that Smart Object disappear when imported to XD:

• Feathered vectors lose their feathered edges
    • Blending modes are ignored
    • Raster masks are ignored

I understand that it might be a relatively long while before individual Smart Objects can update dynamically from the CC Library (I'm putting…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please add an ability to set default view mode when sharing project on the web for Development, so that it would open by default as prototype or as specs.
    It's great that now we can switch between those modes, but it might be not clear for developer who got used to work with specs that now he has to perform some additional action to be able to see specs once he is in prototype mode.
    Also controls for switching between modes should be more prominent.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I really would like to have an ability to swap images inside already created masks... especially it's important when one works with components.
    The only way is to drag files from finder. (like in the attached video)... I wish I could do this with assets I already have in XD.
    The only way around it at the moment is to create shape and mask image from the very beginning... From this moment on, if I want to swap image, I have to cut it from outside mask and paste into the mask... and then to delete the old image under…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Would be awesome if we could update our sketch library and then reconvert it into XD, replacing the existing one. This way we could use sketch for updating libraries while using them in XD.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I wanted to cry when this new CC Library feature came out. It's UNUSABLE.

I can no longer move it outside of the boundaries of the app - which means it is ALWAYS covering something else up or taking up space in my workspace. I certainly cannot keep it outside of the app UI or god-forbid move it to my other monitor!

The color boxes are HUGE and take up so much space!!!!!!! The previous UI had nice small color boxes, so I could actually get to my icons (i.e. "graphics") quickly instead of having to scroll three times to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When someone needs to be removed from all mockups its a long and painful process. Can we have something that allows us to "cut someone off" without having to find out which mockups they have access to and then go into each mockup one at a time to remove them. Thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. While playing (long) transitions (e.g. a 5 sec auto-animated loading animation) it is not possible to trigger any keyboard/gamepad or voice events (e.g.in order to jump to another view). This is annoying.

Click events -on the other hand - are possible to abort running transition at any time.

I reported this as bug, but was told to raise it here.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Selecting a portion of a text block, then clicking the Fill rectangle, and choosing a color from the fill panel works as desired, except you cannot use the ink dropper tool to select a color from anywhere, including color assets panel, without that color being applied to the entire text block.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would like to be able to: create a shape -> hit i -> pick a color from source x ; hit (modifier key) e.g. shift + i -> pick stroke color. I see it as intuitive workflow as you could accomplish a repetitive task on one keyboard-sequence instead of actual use case: create a shape -> hit i -> pick a color from source x ; stop - defocus - find pointer - move pointer to right sidebar - find stroke field - find and click on eyedropper icon - find color source and move pointer to color source…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be nice for Adobe XD to work on 32-bit Windows. I have a laptop with 2 gigabytes of ram and a copy of 32-bit Windows 10 May Update. Can't update the memory because it is soldered onto the motherboard. And I can't get a new laptop. That version of XD will be very useful.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I like the idea of have character styles cascading ie using the same font but different style. ie H1 and H2 same font different size, colour etc...

I was also thinking that by designing websites to be responsive it would be good if Character Styles were created in such a way they could detect the size of the artboard they are on and resize.

Within each character style you could give it a breakpoint:
    h1
    Font
    0-479, Size/Line height etc
    480-599, Size/Line height etc
    600-849, Size/Line height etc
    etc etc

Also…
    Styling of text links would be great too. Better…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please, can you make the keyboard shortcut to switch between the asset panel and layers the same?

My brain absolutely cannot get used to 'Shift' 'Command' + 'Y' to go to assets then 'Command' +'Y'. I end up turning off the panel and then turning it back on every time before doing the correct shortcut 🤪

Make it just be 'Command' + 'Y' to toggle assets and layers!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I just updated Adobe XD and it appears, they're automatically setting the component bounds to fit the content which is great is some scenarios but I have an existing project where I intentionally left empty space in components (e.g. for padding, spacing) and it's not even allowing me to turn this on/off like Sketch does. Now if I make any change to these elements, it automatically gets rid of all that space. I've tried manually resizing and turning the Responsive Resize on/off but to no avail.

I've also tried putting an invisible background layer behind it, but that layer doesn't…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Recently XD updated its app to have the ability to have a polygon tool. This is great, unfortunately we are only able to change the radius of the corners across the entire object. It would be great to be able to, for instance, make only one corner in a triangle round, without having to do masks for each corner.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Positioning an overlay is really approximate as it only works by using the mouse, without any indication of its position. Whether it is the distance from the artboard edges, or to other existing elements on the artboard.

Would be great to be able to move an overlay using the keyboard arrow for better accuracy, as well as being able to toggle the overlay position by pressing "alt" (as this already exists in design mode)

Thanks guys!

148 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)