Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. The previous 'Share' UI was fast, simple, and easy to use.

This new UI is confusing, unnecessary, and wasteful. Was it designed by the same people who created the new AdobeCC UI????

A) The new 'Share' Tab is useless. I can already see what I'm sharing on either of the other tabs - having a 3rd tab is completely asinine unless there is some helpful functionality to this screen/view.

B) The only functionality I have in this state is 'zoom' - a state I cannot exit once I've clicked on the 'zoom' tool. AND the keyboard/mouse shortcut I actually use…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  3. If I set guides on an artboard and then create a repeating grid on it, it would be nice if when editing the spacing between the objects in a repeating grid can snap to those guides.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  4. I have a scenario where I have 3 artboards, along those artboards I have three shapes as a repeating grid; I fill those shapes with images, and now want to place that grid atop an artboard by not part of it. This may seem strange, but in this example I'm recreating a screen, so essentially want to have those three images as transparent to work as guides.

Currently any object placed atop an artboard becomes part of that artboard, so in my case that repeating grid of images is hidden outside the first artboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When you copy a style, it copies everything. It would be great if there was a paste special style hotkey. When you press this hotkey (or select from right-click), it pops up a dialog where you can pick WHAT you want copied.

Often, I want the border, shadow styles to copy, but not the fill, since XD uses the fill to add images, then the image gets overridden. This is especially true for a lot of screenshots in product sites and also team icons of profile photos, etc.

PS. Not everyone wants to create a component for small design tests,…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 345 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Masked layers should have the ability to be inspected for sharing with developers. They are currently treated as one grouped element where individual layers cannot be inspected.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow an Overlay to be applied to another overlay. For example, you have a dialog box Overlay and inside you want to have a drop-down menu which has an Overlay of a list of options. Currently what happens is the drop-down Overlay replaces the dialog Overlay.

I think this is something fundamental that would make Overlays even more powerful. Its omission almost feels like a bug.

262 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I request a list of CSS styles in the shared design (dev > inspect) to follow the component thought further. It would be great if we could have a component list where we could select a component and see all CSS styles of all elements defined within the component.

A component developer could see all required layers and styles for selected component.

https://xd.adobe.com/view/ae243bf4-8b78-420a-44a3-bd6b08f0301f-d815/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When working with the gradient tool modal, if you create, say a third gradient point, and you want to undo that, you can't. But then when you go back to the main screen of the app, select that gradient window and combo the undo request it works.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I'm a user from Photoshop and I'm used to double click on the layer Text icon to edit text content in the artboard. I think this should be a good feature to apply to XD

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hope if there is (.flr) extension file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  13. I routinely want to export some assets as SVGs and others as PNGs, still others as JPGs. The current Batch Export shoots out all marked assets in one format, but I'd like to be able to specify "format groups" somehow, so that one Batch Export command would export the marked assets in the specific format I need.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. In the comments when a mention (@) is used with an email - for e.g. @someone@something.com - It should send an email / notify that email about the comment. That way the user can action that comment. Invision has this feature and is such an important feature.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sometimes designers forget to name their layers and hand them off via the design spec sheet. It would be nice to be able to see a preview of the graphic on the specs sidebar when you click it on the artboard.

For example I click an image on the artboard, and the spec sidebar it tells me that i've clicked on Group 114, but I'm not exactly sure if it's the graphic that I need because it's a grouped layer. I know I can right click to view layers, but it would just a be a whole lot more convenient…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When I create a point-text or a area-text objects and then rotate them, a bit, and then want to edit the text, the orientation changes back to rectangle, and then back to the proper orientation; this is distracting and confusing. Why not allow the orientation to remain the way the user intended it to be, same as in PS?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When I visit the link in User Testing Sharing Mode I first get this notification "Press esc to exit full-screen mode" It begins the user experience with an extra click that has been perceived as a nuisance. Why not turn this notification into something more useful for us facilitators... like a "start test button". How cool would it be if when this "start test" button is clicked" the actions the user takes to achieve their goal gets recorded (much like when recording a video in prototyping mode)?

Just this one feature alone would be a HUGE value add for both…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03: Share mode  ·  Admin →
  18. In the https://xd.adobe.com/spec/xyz-xyz../screen/xyz-xyz... screens, I regularly read a design that spans about 2 to 5 pages or screenfuls. Scrolling this in Google Chrome with a regular basic corded logitech mouse is slow. Scrolling to the next page takes 2 or 3 full scroll motions on the physical scroll wheel.

Scrolling through five pages consequently takes 10 to 20 scroll motions. This is unusable. Any other webpage has a reasonable scroll speed with my computer settings and hardware.

There also is not a draggable scroll-bar handle like on every other application that I have ever used on a computer. Why?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hello,

Currently, there are no dropdown arrows next to folders within the layer panel. These dropdown arrows are something we see in other Adobe products and have for ages.

When scrolling through large documents, the folders/groups don't stand out enough for easy scanning.

Please add a dropdown arrow to the left of the folder like Photoshop has.

Doing this will allow for faster scanning and locating of groups, as it creates a subtle callout for these special layer panel elements by indenting them slightly.

Further, adding an arrow is also an appropriate Call To Action for this type of element…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I would like to be able to select multiple components and reset to master, instead of having to do that one at a time.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)