Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. Every time I go to open a new file, it takes 3 clicks. One click to maximize the tiny (minified) 'Open' file pane to fill the whole window (even if I did this last time I opened a file). One click to switch to Cloud Documents (because I can't change to list view in the 'Recent' tab, so I cannot see the full file names and do not know if I am selecting the correct file.) And the third click is to actually open the file.

Now, I don't know about other users, but I open and close my XD…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  2. Hi, I have designed a very long page, it's a detail page, so it contains hundreds of objects, but when I export this artboard to png, many objects are disappear on the png, seems there is limitation of objects number when export, it can't export so many objects for a single page. So I don't know how to share this page to the developers, since I can't split it into pieces because the objects / elements should be on a single page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  3. Hello,

Is there a way to make an accordion work? what about pull-down menus on the navigation as well as part of the body content?

I will hate to move to Axure RP19, now I am almost done with my prototyping and this is a must to have.

Thank you!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When I have a component I would like to be able to add a shadow to the component. Currently there is only fill and border available.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Dear XD Team,

Often we build up a master file as a design grid system and this file for example we include all the icons. If we have lets say 30 icons, then we have to click and create a component one by one.

What we are missing is a "Make component of each selection" feature.

If that would be in the next update – that would be amazing!

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
    Serkan

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Drag and Drop Elements in the layer panel and copy them by holding ALT.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Would like the concept of being able to mark 'hide' for specific artboards from the Prototype view.

This would allow artboards to exist within the same XD file for reference but not display at all when in Prototype mode navigating through the screens.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hi, I would like the viewport dotted line not to be visible while I am designing. Sometimes I just like to have a bird-eye view on my design and I don't want more clutter there.
    It can be only the indicator in the left side active, and on click the dotted line can appear.

Thanks!

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. There are only few options in multiple or hover states. My request to add Shadows or other blending option in this multiple state. Thanks in Advance, keep the good work going :)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I got really simple suggestion for scrolling in your app - do as Miro did when scrolling with external mouse.

Scrolling zooms in/out and when holding down scroll cliked - pan. I think it's a quick win and you will make usage with external mouse muuuuch easier.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Maze.Design is an extraordinary user testing tool that is personally my go to tool for usability testing.

Maze is amazingly simple and intuitive to import designs and create a user test, and track a users session, it provides details such as heat-maps, screen time, device details etc.

It currently has integrations with InVision, Sketch and Marvel. It would be AMAZING to get AdobeXD in on that list.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sometimes, while linking artboards, I have the need to zoom out to find the destination artboard.

I click the origin anchor (it turns blue), zoom out and keep the destination artboard visible, then I click the blue anchor and link to the artboard I want.

It'd be nice if I'd be able to zoom in/out using CTRL + Mouse Scroll while dragging the linking line.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would love to have live links to AE animations inside of XD.

For example, select a component, choose "animate in AE", and it opens in an AE comp to be animated. Then when you're finished, that animation is live in XD, and can be edited in AE with a live pipeline like Cineware's link between AE and C4D.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When designing for PCs or Macs, having the ability to trigger actions for mouse buttons would be helpful. Especially left, right, and middle buttons.

I am using Adobe XD for game interaction design and this feature would be helpful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When you share a prototype with a client, it isn't immediately obvious that the design is scrollable. I have had a couple of instances of clients not knowing that the designs continue below the fold. An obvious scroll bar added to the prototype view when shared would solve this.

309 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Linked Assets is a great feature, but it is not as helpful as it could be for teams who do contract work. Where I work, we have multiple clients who all typically use Material components, but use different colors. At the present time, we have a shared component library (separate XD document) that we can pull common assets from.

If we use the Link Assets feature, we are unable to edit the master colors since that is controlled by a source document. So instead, we have to manually copy the components and paste them into a new document, then create…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Unlink/deselect linked assets.

Why is it not possible to remove linked assets from a file, once they are linked?

Would be nice to be able to switch assets or even add several assets to one document. Most of designers work across platforms and need to have UI kits for e.g. Desktop and Native Android, Native iOS. But one file can only link one set of assets and those assets you cannot unlink.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It should be geat to add a handle in the bottom right angle of a repeat grid to resize it proportionally

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hi! Developers often ask me to define margins and columns in percentage for responsive websites. New XD update give us good control of the grid layout but it might be usefull to set up with percentage instead of pixels.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. after generating a link for the client to see, sometimes there are 100 screens in the link. the client wants to discuss a specific screen which could be no. 56. It takes a lot of time to navigate to that screen. Pressing the right arrow 56 times!!!

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m keeping this one open, but a quick way for your client to share exactly what screen they want to talk about is to send you the URL they have in their browser when they’re looking at the prototype. Because we have deep linking, the URL will bring you right to that artboard.