Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2858 results found

1. The latest update (OCT,15,2018) got me so excited I thought of giving it a spin after a long time. Great work team!

The feature I wanted to request was the ability to see colors transition from one to the other' smoothly in auto animate'. Right now it just jumps to the next (check attachment).

For now this effect can be achieved in after effects by keyframing the 'Fill' preset.

144 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Can we please get a minimap so we can visually navigate our multi-artboard design files more easily? Like this Figma plugin:
    https://www.figma.com/c/plugin/772952119002135124/Minimap

Thank you.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. To fix a bottom bar inside the interface to the bottom screen you have to fix it to the viewport height (Current-behavior.png). The problem is when I would like to export my mockup I expect the bottom bar on the bottom of my mockup not in the middle like inside the expected-one.png.

Because it's painful to change all your mockups to export them and after to re-move the bottom bar to have a prototype that will work properly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Different size of main and overlay artboard causes big problem with prototype. If contents of overlay isn't bigger then a main artboard why shoud I design whole new overlay for responsive design?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Groups could have an auto-layout feature that orders elements vertically and horizontally with a fixed spacing.

There could be group states which would be similar to component states.

Group states could change based on artboard width or viewport height while maintaining position in artboard.

The groups feature could be renamed to containers, wrappers or frames. Or this could be a separate feature from groups.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I'm fairly new to XD so not sure if there is a way to do this already, but I thought of creating a radial repeat grid. Say you want to quickly create a clock face or compass. Designing one or 2 elements or numbers then having a repeat grid available to stretch around in a circle, or even just a curve.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I'm a developer and I need to turn a designer's design into css code.
    The assets panel now has only one group of colors. But the css divide the colors into background-colors, border-colors, and font colors.Can the asset panel add these groups so that they are consistent with the web code?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. For your consideration, it would be awesome to have a keyboard shortcut for applying "Fix Position When Scrolling" to selected elements.

It would save me time when having to re-apply this setting to certain elements after being manipulated or grouped/un-grouped.

That's all, just a lil click-saver suggestion.

Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When holding spacebar and moving around your entire canvas: instead of cutting off content behind the UI panels, why not decrease the opacity of your UI Panels on the left and right to be about 90%. This way you can at least see what's being overlapped etc while moving. When it's registered that you've stopped moving, the UI flips back to 100% opacity.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  10. Text can be highlighted... Please make text selectable on design review.

A text be highlighted just like an ordinary website would.. Client is frustrated that in correcting a very long contenting in design review, he has to write it all over again.. There's copy thingy on Development sharing for contents i know but for clients its a learning curve.. A simple highlightable text and copy pastable would do wonders.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. As it is now, adding paragraph spacing to a text box disconnects that text from its character style. If I am to update the character style my text box is not updated accordingly. And I can't add paragraph spacing to the character style, so that feature is rendered useless.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1. Description When viewing a prototype, a user can scroll between views using the left and right keyboard arrow keys but cannot scroll up or down on the current prototype with the keyboard. Some viewers have been unable to scroll with their mouse. Without a visible scrollbar they have been left only seeing what's above the fold line.

On Mac I've discovered that pressing fn+arrow up/down will sort of page you down, but it's not smooth and not intuitive. Simply using arrow keys as you would using a browser (or something close) would be ideal.

1. Why is this valuable to you?…
    8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When I have many svg's I want to know how many so I can arrange them in columns

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Similar to Jira Cloud plugin but for Azure.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  11: Plugins  ·  Admin →
  14. Save full artboard in sharing mode.

An option to save the full layout as a PNG or JPG.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When I export assets from xd, it generally takes more space. And I can't directly import files from xd to photoshop, so first I have to import into illustrator and then to photoshop and then I can use save for web to optimize my assets.
    So please incorporate a feature so that I can directly export assets from xd with compression.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add an option to toggle between states instead of choosing a specific state to go to.
    In some cases like a gallery, carousel, counters etc, the interaction is linear and a a single next/previous interaction can apply to all states.
    It will save a lot of time and errors to define a single interaction and apply to all states.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. After you Publish links they will appear in your personal "Published" section- and right now there is only possible to do two actions: Copy Link or Permanently Delete.

Is there a possibility to make a feature that will enable to " Share " or " Share all" these published links so they will appear in the " Shared With You " section of other members? (or another section just a suggestion).

If you have a big project and already have 100+ links there is really challenging to find, manage them or review them. Even If you are using JIRA or…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We announced CC Spaces in XD today at Adobe MAX! In a space, all members will be able to view all of the prototypes and design specs published from content within the space, all in one location. More details to come!

18. Two different types of sharing (as viewer vs collaborator) should be in the same place. Now the view share is on the top menu on the left, and the collaboration share is on the right with a user+

Super confusing and doesn't make sense

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Problem: Components quickly become convoluted and hard to track. They lose track of elements in Auto Animate. They have problems when nesting components. Still we cannot allow for two swipes on one object.

Possible Solution: Since linking artboards seems to be more stable and intuitive than components. I wish we could simply turn linked artboards into components.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)