Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Superscript/Subscript

Set text in superscript and subscript.

65 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Export interactive PDF with clickable "PageTo" links

Please add the option to export all artboards of the prototype as a PDF document of many pages, preserving prototype interactivity saving links as PDF internal "pageTo" links (or invisible linkTo rectangles).
      So that in this way the prototype can be navigated in the PDF file like on a web page (transitions excluded of course).
      This would allow a very efficient "deliverable" design document for the client.

178 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  18 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Select multiple items across different groups

Shift+Click allows to select multiple items.
        Cmd+Click allows to select inside a group.
        Cmd+Shift+Click would be nice if it selected items across different groups.

It's very useful to change details (i.e. color) across multiple items inside groups (i.e. icons).

Thanks!

51 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Select artboards + objects that are outside the artboards (pasteboard) at the same time

I am creating a screen flow diagram with annotations between each artboard. I've pasted arrows between the artboards to indicate the flow of the experience between sreens.

If I'd like to move multiple artboards I've noticed that all of my arrows / annotations outside of the artboards aren't selected with the multiple artboards. It is extremely time consuming to move the outside elements after moving multiple artboards.

I read that other designers wish there could be a way to annotate or draw arrows between artboards. Perhaps that would solve my issue. I just want to show a screen / state…

10 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Support Opentype font features

Allow users to select Opentype features supported by a given typeface. This would be especially useful for anyone designing for ecommerce (tabular lining numerals), or text-heavy sites (small caps, proportional old style numerals), or rich typography in general (alternate stylistic sets, swashes, superscript, subscript, fractions). Common ligatures seem to be enabled already, but there's no way to access discretionary ligatures.

https://klim.co.nz/blog/towards-an-ideal-opentype-user-interface/

34 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Zoom and pan directly with the mouse wheel, without holding ALT or Space (CAD like)

Wouldn't it be nice we had the option to zoom in and out just by using the zoom wheel and panning by clicking on the wheel / third mouse button ?
              This is the way all the CAD programs work and I never understood why it isn't omnipresent.

Right now scrolling on the wheel will move the page up and down (who needs this ?) and only by holding ALT on the keyboard will get the zoom tool activated, respectively only by holding SPACE will the pan get activated.
              Why do we bother with this and need to keep holding…

4 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • 2-way artboard wiring/linking (reduce duplicates)

Many app pages open up the same page (such as "Terms of Conditions"), which only contains one return/cancel button to link back to a specific single page.

Currently the only way to deal with this issue is to make an inefficient duplicate of the ToC artboard for every artboard that links to it, and have this specific duplicate's return/cancel button redirect to its corresponding artboard.

This could be solved with an option for "2-way" links that can be linked to a specific button on the destination page. Clicking "cancel/return" on the ToC page would then redirect you depending on the…

4 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Copy text from objects as rich text to transfer to development tools

When I create UI design on XD and write html on Dreamweaver or other text editors, I need to repeat the flow of steps so many times.
                  the steps :
                  1.double click text object for editing
                  2.select all characters
                  3. copy them
                  4. go to text editor and paste.

It is very simple steps but It is hard to repeat them.

If I can get plain/rich texts on clipboard as soon as I select text objects and copy on XD, My workflow will be better, and UI designers who don't write html themselves handoff for developer easier.

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Dynamic scrolling viewport height based on screen size

Currently, for scrolling artboards there is a fixed-position dotted line that defines the height of the viewport in the interactive preview.

For desktop web sized artboards, I'd like the position of the dotted line to automatically adjust dynamically so the prototype fills the full height of the user's screen. For example, on a laptop screen the scrollable viewport might be 960px tall and when the same prototype is viewed on a desktop monitor the viewport might be 1200px tall.

33 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Reusable Interaction/Link Hotspot Template

Need hot spot template.
                      Example, if we have a lot of artboards with the same left/right/top/footer navigation, we don't have to re link them over and over.

40 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Curve text baseline along a path

Being able to do a full webdesign and logo design in one program is what a lot of people need.

I would have liked to be able to design a logo with text running on a curved path, but seems like I will have to use Fireworks or Illustrator to do that and then bring that into Xd.

What I loved about Fireworks was that you could do everything in one program. Basic image editing, gradient colors, gradient transparency fade and webdesign. No need to open Photoshop or Illustrator.

Keep up the good work guys! Loving Xd so far.

14 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Import Object Placement feels unpredictable

Every time I import an image into XD, whether it's the same image over and over, or different images, the (x, y) location changes each and every time. Even if I have something selected, the image will still import to a random location.

I feel that items should import to (0, 0) so they can be found. This especially is needed for small images. However, there is also no indication of where (0, 0) is in the file, so some sort of grid or (0, 0) acknowledgement is needed in order for this to work properly.

I have noticed that…

2 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

What steps are you following to import images into Adobe XD?

If you use File > Import, the image should be placed according to the following rules:
                            - If you have an artboard or an object on an artboard selected, the image is centered in that artboard
                            - Otherwise, the image is centered in the window

You you drag & drop files from Finder instead, the image placement will be based on your mouse position when you dropped the image.

If you’re seeing something different, could you reply back with some more details? A screencast would be extra helpful to understand what’s happening.

Thanks for your feedback!

• 3 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Don't show all links on artboard when anything on it is selected (Prototype link Spaghetti is not useful)

Usability bug:
                              When I select a single element on a dense page (lots of prototype links) the interface shows me all the link lines. This adds a ton of noise to the page and makes it very difficult for me to find my selected items chevron to make new connection - this is especially difficult or impossible if I zoom out to find the artboard I need. I don't not see any value in displaying all the links in this scenario - please only show all the links when I ask to see all the links (command+a).

3 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Corners should reflect rotation

Corner radius controls should reflect the visual corners of a rectangle so that I don't have to remember the rotation of my object.

WAS:
                                To create this bug.

1) Mask an image
                                2) Edit the corners of the masking rectangle
                                3) The top left and top right radii effect the bottom left and bottom right respectively (as displayed by the blue corner highlight icon).

Thanks

James

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m not seeing any problems when I try to replicate that. Could you list out your steps in more detail, or record a screencast for us to check out?

Here’s what I tried:

1. Draw a rectangle
                                  2. Drag an image file onto the rectangle
                                  3. Alt-drag the top-left corner’s corner radius handle: only that one corner is affected, as expected
                                  4. Click in the text field for the top-left corner in the properties panel: the icon next to the text field changes to highlight only the top-left corner, as expected (as seen here: http://imgur.com/a/elwaV)
                                  5. Change the number in that text field and hit Tab: again, only the top-left corner is affected

• Export to Powerpoint Slide Deck

We have many non-design stakeholders who need to provide input into designs and workflows. Oftentimes the easiest way to communicate with them is through a simple presentation.

It would be great if we could export our workflows/canvases into a PPT slide deck that we could annotate - with the interactions and linkages (mostly) auto-annotated in the slide's speaker notes and with the slide order (basically) being the top-down user flow.

7 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  06 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Tile document windows

Copying, drag and drop and/or pasting assets from one document to another (as we can do in Acrobat and Illustrator). This would really work well with UI KIt - being able to zoom in, pan & select the needed asset). Thanks for creating another great tool.

4 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Interactive form elements

Ability to create interactive relationships, like radio inputs, if you select one it deselects the other. Selecting different options can change the outcome when the user hits 'Submit' etc

291 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-under-review  ·  28 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Preference for default spacing/gap when creating new artboards

Ability to change the default spacing when pasting a copied artboard, or when clicking with the Artboard tool to add new artboards.

----
                                        Original request:
                                        (please vote for https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/13623243-resize-spacing-between-objects if you're interested in this Repeat-Grid-like dragging idea)
                                        Apply REPEAT GRID padding adjustment feature to change the padding around a selected group of Art Boards -- Just like REPEAT GRID pink padding adjusters, it would be great to change the spacing of a group of art boards the user has selected, and/or the ability to change the default spacing when pasting a copied art board

2 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• View and share design prototypes at actual size

The full-screen feature is nice but I need to be able to show clients what my designs will look like at actual size on the web. The prototypes need to be displayed at the size they are designed at. This is the one feature that would justify me switching from using InVision for my prototyping.

109 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-in-the-backlog  ·  35 comments  ·  03 : Sharing on the web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base