Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about

Request details

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dynamic layout: assign spacing and padding relationships between elements

It would be amazing if we could set spacing and padding relationships between elements and then build those relationships into a style that can be universally adjusted.

To explain, here's a scenario:

Let's say we have a wrapper container. Inside of it we have an 400px high image that aligns to the top and spans full width across. Below is a left aligned headline that sits exactly 40px below the image. Left aligned below and 20px below the last line of the headline is a block of body copy. 40px below the last line of body copy is a button.…

14 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Adding background music - Even when you switch artboards

I had an idea about adding the abillity to add background music even when you switch to a new artboard, so I can create a screen by screen game. That means that I move the player by clicking on the arrows that will be displayed on screen. Every step of the player is a loose artboard with a different backgroud that consists of a jpg image. I would really appreciate that. Sorry for my bad spelling. I am from The Netherlands, so sorry for that.

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Option to exclude artboard background color/layers on export

Sketch includes a cool feature which let you have a background color on your artboard (like the fill setting on artboards in XD), but it also has a setting to Include or not this color on the export. (see attached screenshot)

This let us define a background color to work on our design, like when we design an icon, but when exporting the background is transparent.

This could be expanded to layers by adding a setting "Include in export" checked by default, so we can filter layers when exporting. As an example, when designing an app icon, i could add…

4 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • XD iOS App: 'Refresh' current document

The XD iOS preview app should have a 'refresh' function.

I've had the app lose connection several times, and not update even though I am still editing the document.

A 'refresh' function could re-connect to the currently open document and reload the changes made since the last update.

2 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Maintain scale when dragging symbol from panel

v 0.6.2.7

-when placing a symbol, the scale is not always correct, so I drag and drop from the symbols menu/bar, and sometimes the scale is ~70%.

So when I release, and "place" the symbol, it grows, and isn't placed correctly, requiring me to re-select, and then re-place the symbol. Not a huge problem, but feels like an inconsistent experience, buggy, and was probably just an oversight.

Symbols should always come off the menu bar @ 100% scale, so I only have to select and place it once.

https://youtu.be/qXRQ8-WtlOM

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Highlight Element on canvas when hovering associated layer

The new layer's function is great! But in order to locate one of the generic named layers on the canvas it would be great if the associated element would be highlighted in some way, when hovering over the list-item in the layers gap.

4 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Pen Tool: Same logic as Illustrator or Photoshop

I think the pen tool in Adobe XD is horrible. I couldn't draw the vector shapes the way I want because the pen tool is missing the same logic as Illustrator and Photoshop.

I first drew a curve vector in Adobe XD, and for my next point, I want to make a straight line. But there's absolutely no way for me to do that.

Whereas in Photoshop or Illustrator, I can hold option key to bring that '<' icon and click on the second point to and remove the next point's curve line.

Here's a video attachment to show you…

48 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Snap area text bounds to the width/height of the available text

Would love it if we could easily snap the text box to the height/width of the text by double clicking the corner of the text box. Haven't found a way in the program yet to be able to do that - I have to manually adjust the text box.

In InDesign, we can do this by double clicking on the area text.

7 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Align multiple selected objects on artboard (alt+align-icon)

Could you please add the feature to align multiple selected objects on the artboard.

Sketch has this feature were you could select (lets say) two objects and align them with them self by pressing the align-icon, but if you hold the alt-key you could align them on the artboard

With this feature you don't always have to group multiple objects to align them on the artboard.

6 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow Developer to download different types of fonts like .ttf .woff and .otf

When the spec and style guide comes out in early 2017 (which I cannot wait). Usually, the developer would ask me to give them multiple file formats of the same font. I would always convert the font online to do that and it's a tedious process of uploading, converting, download and put it in a zip folder for them. It would be great if Adobe XD can automatically convert it itself.

2 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Right Click, Double Click, and Scroll interaction simulation

It would be really nice to have the ability to simulate right click, double click, hover, and scroll events in the prototype view. This would allow people who are making more complex web based products to simulate/communicate those interactions to others.

33 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Web font exported in Sharp

I'm designing a webpage, when I exported to PNG mockup, I've got issue with the font, please find my attached files, one exported from XD and one exported from photoshop with same font family & size.

The one XD got a bit blurry than the Photoshop one. I think the problem that I can choose "Sharp" anti-aliasing method in Photoshop. But XD seems like exporting as "Smooth" anti-alias.

I tried to find somewhere in XD with the options. But couldn't find.

Anybody please help. Thanks

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Touch Bar UI Kit

It'd be nice to figure out how to design for different websites or applications that can use Touch Bar :)

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Go to Current Artboard while in Preview Mode

When in Preview mode, the ability to quickly go to content currently displayed in the Preview window would be greatly beneficial.

Let's say you're in Preview Mode. Clicking through the screens, you noticed that there is something that needs to be fixed within one of the artboards.

To make the fix, you have to currently close the Preview window, then navigate to the relevant artboard and make the change. For complex documents, this may require a good deal of hunting.

It would make an easier workflow to have an option to go to the current artboard in the preview window…

6 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Auto activate eyedropper when moving mouse outside the color picker box

I would love it if the color palette automatically turns into a color picker if you move your mouse outside of the color box (like it does in photoshop). It's so much quicker and easier to select colors that way.

5 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Snap to 100% zoom when using trackpad pinch (or don't allow zoom past 100% at all with Cmd or Alt)

I use a lot of zooming in/zooming out while working with XD, it will be cool if I can keep the button cmd or alt pressed and the zoom will block at 100%.

So if I'm at 60% and pinch zoom with "alt" or "cmd" pressed, the max zoom will get to 100% and not over). Same thing when I'm on 200% (working on some details) and want to zoom out.

Trackpad user will benefit from that, so easy to zoom in/out with a trackpad but sometimes I need 5 or 6 pinches to find the perfect 100%

Thank you…

5 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Coloring monochrome bitmap

Always in a spirit to save time, it will be great to coloring monochrome bitmap with pipette without Photoshop.

5 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Export artboard (as PDF) with 'extra space' added to the artboard edge

When exporting an Artboard (as PDF) I would like an option for the artboard to be exported with extra space added to the edges, such as 400 pixels or "Export to an A4 size page set up".

Also, add Header (Name of Artboard) and Footer details (Designer name and date, etc).

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Support the ability to enter a x, y, width or height in physical units (mm,cm,inches,pts...)

Support the ability to enter a x, y, width or height in physical units (mm,cm,inches,pts...)

The ability to create shapes that are physically sized. For example, creating a square 1"x1", when view on an iPad, it is 1" x 1". Also it would be nice to see those physical measurements.

2 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Change default setting for object shadow

I wish there was a way to change the default drop shadow setting.

I'm in a project now where I decided to add a dropshadow to a number of boxes that are already made on my project. I have to go in and fill in the drop shadow settings every time because they default back to: X:0 Y:3 B:6, which aren't the settings im using.

Thanks!

3 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base