Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Rectangular Marquee Measurement Tool

A tool that allowed me to make rectanular measurements would be useful. It could behave like the selecting marquee tools in PS.
    https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/selecting-marquee-tools.html

This would be valuable because it would quickly give more specs to parts of the mockup that are not always XD elements. For example, if there was part of a mockup that was a screenshot, the XD measurement tools are not as accurate. Also is helpful for finding sizes of invisible containers. This would allow developers to freely grab measurements quickly for anything on the page.

Thank you!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Design Spec Mode selecting inline multiple fonts, symbols or elements

If I use a symbol font like Font Awesome and paste that into a text box with another font for my regular paragraph copy, my developers can't isolate and get the CSS, Fonts, Colors, etc. from the inline symbols or separate fonts. Would be nice to have a way to select a text container and toggle through the different fonts represented. Or click again to select a specific symbol or element in the text area and target that for getting specs on.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to view guides in Design Specs

This is extremely important, almost as important as bringing back the old Design Specs flow which you took away for no logical reason.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Visible scroll bar in design spec

There is no scroll bar visible in the page for the prototype when I look at a design spec in the web browser. I have a decent mouse but scrolling all the way to the bottom requires a lot of work for no apparent reason.

A visual scrollbar of the type that is in every other webapp and webpage that I have ever used would make the specs a lot easier to work with.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Adding/Editing class names to Design Specs

Ability to add/edit the class name to elements for developers.

Possible Solution
    - Adding the ability to show layer name. Therefore I can write out the class name.
    - Adding Dev notes for designers to add additional information to design specs. This help developers drive better consistence for end product if using an existing design system.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Define artboard order in the Design Spec using the Z-order of the artboards

The artboards order should be determined by the order of artboards In the XD app, complex setups and groupings do not work well with the automatic
    left to right , top to bottom approach. It works well for simple setups

Not ones that include 30+ pages, this approach causes more problems then the time it attempts to save

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Export artboard to JPG/GIF/PNG/PDF from design specs

Developers should have option to export art board from Design Specs to image, single or all art board.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Design Specs: See units in Percent Values

The ability to see dimensions and measurements of objects in percent.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Select platform in Design Specs on the web, not on publish

I see that now the design specs allows the developers to extract design assets. Totally cool! Good job!

One problem is that right now I have to mark my design spec specifically for one platform (ios, android or web). But sometimes we designers club those in one single file as separate group of artboards for simplicity. In such situations this feature is a problem. Both android and ios developers are using the same design spec, but only one of them can extract the assets.

I would suggest to remove the platform selection option while publishing and provide platform selection to…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. See file/layer structure in design specs

As an added feature, similar to what Avacode and Sympli provide, it would be nice to display the layers panel in design spec mode. The user can select a layer and it will highlight in the document art board.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Overview of styles for entire Design Spec

It is not easy to manage all the colors and styles in a design in XD

There is no overall design specs for all artboards in the design specs nor in XD, making it hard to review all design styles in 1 place.
    Colors and Character Styles in assets can't be use as style guide/ in app design specs, the current version is not favoring this function

Something similar to this suggestion is needed but with more function
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/34285129-integrate-designs-specs-inside-adobexd

[Second feature request moved to: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007/suggestions/34705201]

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Display document name in Design Spec

We need file name info in specs links to prototype.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. back to the previous Design

adding a button that allow designers back to their previous Design of the same app .

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow additional people to publish and edit to Design Specs

In (Publish) Design Specs beta, It would be helpful if Content writer is able to override the Content

Here is a scenario (in attachment) where the content can be copied, but its not final yet. It is bound to change. From designer perspective, I have done the best to provide enough place for the content. But on providing the content writer a permission to edit and override (atleast in the specs link), I can get this perfect based on the need.

Request you to consider an option of editing this based on permission granted to content writers

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Rename component in icon view

currently, you can only rename a component in list view. This should also be available in icon view

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Show pasteboard text in design specs

When I publish design specs (Share - Share for development) the text that I have outside art boards gets excluded. I have text to label different sections in the userflow, like headlines. When I share the same files for collaboration (Share - Invite to edit) the text is included. It would be nice if the text outside the art boards could be included in design specs as well, that way the developers can get the same information and understand the userflow.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. SVG Export without Inline Styles

We need icon exports without inline styles to be able to later color them by CSS . It's inconvenient that our frontend team members always have to delete those manually, when downloading SVGs from the Specs Page. As it is now, the download button is unusable.

Good Example (Nucleo Icon Export):
    <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg&quot; viewBox="0 0 24 24" width="24" height="24"><g class="nc-icon-wrapper" stroke-linecap="square" stroke-linejoin="miter" stroke-width="2" stroke="currentColor"><circle cx="12" cy="12" r="11" fill="none" stroke="currentColor" stroke-miterlimit="10"/> <line data-color="color-2" x1="11.959" y1="11" x2="11.959" y2="17" fill="none" stroke-miterlimit="10"/> <circle data-color="color-2" data-stroke="none" cx="11.959" cy="7" r="1" stroke="none"/></g></svg>

Bad Example:
    <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg&quot; width="24" height="24" viewBox="0 0 24 24"><defs><style>.a{fill:none;stroke:#0f0f0f;stroke-linecap:square;stroke-miterlimit:10;stroke-width:2px;}.b{fill:#0f0f0f;}</style></defs><circle class="a"…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Pixel to Point/dp Design Specs

While sharing for development by default the design specs are in pixels, If i want the values to be in points or dp the dropdown option on the top right corner doesn't give the converted values (as per 1px = 0.75pt logic) it only changes the text from px to pt/dp value should also convert. Same goes for font.

I am using windows 10 - 64 bit.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Increased zoom out for Design Specs

The project view that shows thumbnails of all artboards should scale lower than 10% (2,3,4 % even) if needed - otherwise at the moment when the project file is wider it gets cut off by the browser - you can still navigate it using mouse and holding space to drag, but most devs I know find it awkward if they want to jump from screen to screen. If they use 1366px screen than often projects don't fit at 10%.

"ok.png" shows me fixing it by moving artboards into a smaller column, "bad.png" shows how it looks on screens with lower…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base