Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want to expose the design spec for each user

Although I would like to design specs in development, but can not set the scope of disclosure, customers are not allowed to use.
    Can I make an adobe ID invitation system for design specifications?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Design Specs link - Display unique Typographic Specs within one textbox

See attached Screenshot for reference;

If a designer has set up multiple fonts / weights / sizes within one textbox, the design specs link can only read one spec per textbox. This forces the designer to change their workflow by setting up every heading/ paragraph etc. within a new textbox, to allow the developer to read all the specs.

We need to be able to see the unique specs for typography (font name, weight, size etc) wether or not it's set up in one textbox.

Also for example, suppose I have one sentence in which only two words are bolded,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Design Spec Beta: Developers open the link but think they need an Adobe account

I have change log set up on confluence and I've been wondering why non of the developers have been clicking on the link to see the spec, but instead have been downloading the XD file instead. And when the fonts failed to load on the file, they often slack me what the font weight is and etc.

And when I refer to them spec link, the first thing they said to me was "they don't have an account". I had to show them they can just click "Sign In" and then hit "Google". And then they were like OOOHHHH..

But…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  2 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Put Comment Feature in Design Spec Public Link

Why is the comment feature not allowed in the Design Spec Public Link? Why can't it work the same as Prototype Shared Link? Why is it only in the Private Link?

I want a place for my team to review my screens from a bird's eye view without having to invite them.

And the email invite is crap because it only works if it's their adobe email account. But what if they don't have an Adobe account? Then it doesn't work. So now I don't feel confident sharing any private link because it's highly likely they cannot access it.

I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve delivered comments in design specs. Arun has mentioned:

Commenting feature is present even for the Design Spec public links. When you publish a public Design Specs link from latest release of XD and share it with your team, they would be able to open the commenting panel and add provide feedback. Please note that commenting feature is available for both Public & Private links.

Private links is a secure way of sharing your designs with team members. When reviewers click on the invite email, they would be taken to Adobe sign-in page where they can choose to sign-up in case their email does not have an adobe ID. As soon as they sign-up, it would automatically be associated and would provide them access to view your private design.

5. Long artboard name in spec link

The new Spec link is awesome. But my teammates can't read the full artboard name if the artboard's width is short eg. Android or iPhone artboard. A simplily mouse over name would solve this problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

feature-completed  ·  0 comments  ·  10: Developer Handoff  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base