Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. coolors integration

I would like to use xd to preview color schemes from Coolors

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Live integration with After Effects into XD

I would love to have live links to AE animations inside of XD.

For example, select a component, choose "animate in AE", and it opens in an AE comp to be animated. Then when you're finished, that animation is live in XD, and can be edited in AE with a live pipeline like Cineware's link between AE and C4D.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. artboard states

Artboard States:

Assume we have artboard "#1" which will be used as an overlay MODAL. That MODAL can easily be a component with different states such as "success" and "error", but that doesn't go far enough in reducing artboard clutter because you can't access the states via prototype interactions unless they exist in their own artboard.
    I propose Artboard States. This feature would be useful for Prototyping. For Example; if I click an artboard named "A" then the Prototype Interaction panel option for "destination" to Artboard "#1" should also include what state I want to land on. For example "#1…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Update converted sketch library in sketch

Would be awesome if we could update our sketch library and then reconvert it into XD, replacing the existing one. This way we could use sketch for updating libraries while using them in XD.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Create JIRA issue from XD annotation

We'd like the ability to create a JIRA issue directly from an annotation point in XD so that the prototype/design is linked to its implementation work in JIRA.

My workaround right now is to call out the numeric annotations within the description of a specific JIRA issue but I think this could be improved by a link between the two.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Adobe XD for Jira

We are interested in using the Adobe XD for Jira add-in. However when installed it is present on every Jira project. Jira is widely used inside our company for many software development and reliability projects.

We would like to use the add-in only on GUI development projects were we are also using Adobe XD, would it be possible for you to update the add-in to enable this?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support options for export to After Effects

Request options in a popin before export to AE :
    - Make folders as comp > checkbox
    - Make symbols as comp > chekbox
    - Export hidden layers > checkbox
    - Export locked layers > checkbox
    - Export grid as guide > checkbox

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. JIRA: Preview of an artboard for artboard link, not of main artboard

Same problem for integrations in Slack and Jira integrations' previews

If I am adding or sharing Adobe XD link of a concrete artboard in some project, e.g.:
    https://xd.adobe.com/view/PROJECTID/screen/ARTBOARDID/
    then preview usually is generated not for this concrete artboard that i am sharing, but for the main artboard of the whole project

So in fact it generates for me this link preview:
    https://xd.adobe.com/view/PROJECTID/

This is completely illogical, when e.g. in Jira I create a task to implement concrete subpage, but then Adobe XD generates me every time the main page preview...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. After Effects Export - Grouped paths as single shape layer

When sending files to After Effects, add ability for paths that are grouped together to come in as a single shape layer, instead of multiple parented shape layers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Send to After Effects - Choose where to save images

Ability to save images in a specific location when sending to AE. I noticed it gets saved to the local disk, but our team works on a server so that isn't ideal.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Alternate Input API

My work involves a lot of non-traditional input devices. From gamepads to custom industrial controllers. Being able to develop middleware on my end and communicate with, let's say, a websocket API into XD would allow for much wider usage at our studio.

Ex. Websockets, UDP or TCP to control prototype interaction.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Live publish

It would do well to all of us if we could connect our projects to an existing domain address and have it LIVE.
    I believe that this feature would be most appreciated by everyone since it allows us to be able to create a website or app the way we want and then be able to put it LIVE right away.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Integrating with Canvasflip

as UX designer I need a/b testing, more than prototype I need read a heatmap..good possibilty direct integrate from xd to canvasflip. should like sketch to canvasflip.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Import shadow properties from Adobe Illustrator

When I copy an element from Illustrator to Experience Design, the shadow effects are not imported, making a transparent box with nothing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Mihnea Ovidenie responded

Hi,

What version of AI and XD are you using? How are you defining the shadow in AI?

Cheers,
    M.

15. Allow cloud documents to be indexed so that Spotlight can find them

When I search for files using spotlight (my primary way of navigating OSX) files located in CC do not appear, this is frustrating.

It leaves me in a position where I don't want to use CC because I can't find my files using my regular workflow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Nucleoapp integration / plugin

Nucleoapp integration for Adobe XD will defiantly help in managing icons and quickly using them in our designs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ways to export to a windows friendly low code app environement to develop your app.

I think XD will be much better if you can easily export your designs to an environement for low code and make an app directly from it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Alpha, drop shadow during copy to Illustrator and Photoshop

XD is kind of a dead end in the development pipeline. This is because there isn't a good way to get usable, lossless assets out of XD and into Illustrator or Photoshop with correct appearances. What that means is I need to hold the implementer's hand so my comp doesn't get ravaged in its conversion and execution. I also have to do the same work twice, by hand-converting appearances from XD to PS or ILLU.

There are sufficient values that get lost in the conversion that it's neigh unusable. Here are a few I've observed:

• Alpha (stored in the color…
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Post to Behance (Stories, New Case, Add to Existing Case)

Description of the feature

I would love to share an artboard or prototype-video to Behance, either as a "Story" or as a whole project (and/or add to an existing if you're really cool!)

Why this is valuable to you

As a freelancer I rely on Behance for my daily income. Having a fastlane to publish stuff to Behance would save a lot of time and help share throughout the day when working on sharable stuff.

If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request

I added a screenshot of the separation-part that Instagram does for Stories…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  07 : Integration with other tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. For Jira Server Plugin, configure to not auto add projects.

For Jira Server plugin, setup the configuration to prevent new projects from being added to the Adobe XD group.

because only a small section of users in our system will find the plugin useful we do not want new projects to have the Adobe plugin enabled by default. This is because of how the XD plugin is displayed in the middle of the Jira issue, which is more intrusive to users who do not want to use the plugin.

If not possible is it possible to have the XD plugin show on the side bar and display in middle if…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base