Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. PDF Bookmarks named with the Artboard Titles

When exporting artboards to a PDF, the artboard title should be included in some way.

I think this could be as simple as creating a bookmark for each artboard.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Export assets for UWP apps

Are there plans to add export presets for UWP apps? UWP assets are required to be 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x, and 4x. There also needs to be a filename suffix (.scale-100.png, .scale-125.png, .scale-150.png, .scale-200.png, and *.scale-400.png).

Ideally this would be added as an option in addition to the current presets (Web, iOS, Android, UWP). Alternatively, you can allow users to make their own presets (like Sketch recently did).

Thanks for considering.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Copy SVG Code

I fully transitioned to XD from Sketch, but I need to copy some of my work back into Sketch to share with other people.

When I try to paste, I get an image and the export SVG has missing fonts, images and colors.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you export to SVG, you should have your fonts and images available. Once you output, drag your SVG into a browser to ensure that it’s exported correctly. You might also want to try embedding your images instead of linking them, just in case Sketch doesn’t import the SVG correctly. I’m going to leave this open as a suggestion in the meantime.
    -Elaine

5. Settings for image export

When I export assets from xd, it generally takes more space. And I can't directly import files from xd to photoshop, so first I have to import into illustrator and then to photoshop and then I can use save for web to optimize my assets.
    So please incorporate a feature so that I can directly export assets from xd with compression.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Remember Save path for Each XD file

I face this issue everytime when I export any asset. The solution for this is simple. If we can make XD to remember different saving path for different files.

For example:
    There are two files Project1.xd and Project2.xd

Suppose we are working on "Project1.xd" and we exported some assets to path "D:\Project1\Assets". Everything is fine.

Now we are working on "Project2.xd" and we want to export some assets. We selected the path "D:\Project2\Assets". No issues till now.

Now the problem comes in. Now we again worked on "Project1.xd" and again we want to export assets. Now we find the path…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Export images as 9patch for Android

Possibility to export png as 9patch images is very useful to deliver assets to developers correctly, specially when we design android apps.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Export to iOS and Android simultaneously

Right now, if I have an icon that I need to export for both iOS and Android, I have to run through the export process twice. It would be nice if "Export for" was a multi-select checkbox instead of a radio button.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Export: Customize File Names and Structures

On export, bring up a dialog that allows you to customize size and naming scheme for each file and save that as a template/preference. Not everyone wants to follow the Android directories. So it would be nice if we could export images into one directory with names (e.g. logo640.png, logo480.png...or...logo.png, logo@2x.png, etc.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Export device-specific icons at different resolutions

Please provide options for exporting app icon and splash automatically, in every size requested by iOS and Android (as actually XD does with general assets), avoiding a Photoshop action.
    Thank you very much.

Updated:
    App icons need to be exported at different (specific) dimensions than the typical 1x, 2x, and 3x required by in-app assets. This request specifically reflects the needs for application icons.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add fallback font when exporting text to SVG

When exporting text to SVG, a generic fallback font should be specified after the original font, e.g. sans-serif for Helvetica Neue.

Idea posted initially here:
    https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/14534772-exported-svgs-lack-default-fallback-sans-serif-f

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  05 : Asset exporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Tutorial / video demo of a developer using XD exports to make app/website

We have designed an app in XD. However the dev teams are resistant to accepting the shift from Photoshop to XD. We may have now redesign everything in Photoshop and revert to pixate for prototyping.

Can you provide a detailed video that we can show the dev that shows how exactly they can use export files from XD to code. Please stress on XD exports make their lives easier.

Instead of just defining the export feature, can you explain on what are the practical applications of the different types of exporting? As in - "Now that we've got all our…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Export Adobe XD art boards to Keynote files

I just saw some really amazing slide decks at Adobe Max made using Adobe Xd. I make a ton of slide decks and would love to make these decks in Xd and be able to export them as Keynote files, so other people (no designers) can use and edit the same file in keynote.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Create a design sheet with all assets used in XD.

For example, all assets would easily be able to be exported to a simple design sheet where all of your used assets are laid out. This is helpful for design briefs and as a guide general branding cohesion.

A design sheet I made in Ai is attached and reflects the type of output I am talking about.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Covert text to paths when exporting svg

• Text stays editable in the original document
    • I won't have to convert all texts to paths manually (which can be a lot of work)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Show link to export folder, when export is complete

I would like to see a link to my export folder (or open the export folder automatically) when my export is complete.

It would optimize my workflow, since I use my exported assets immediately. F.ex. to use in invision etc... now I have to browse separately to the folder.

Example:
    In Balsamiq a small link is shown "go there", in the confirmation message when my export is complete.

other suggestion: maybe an additional checkbox in the export settings: "open folder when complete".

It's a small feature, but every 10 seconds per export I can save, would make me happy :)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Disable IDs in SVG export

I'm a frontend developer and we export SVG's to use them inline in our HTML.

When you export an SVG (non-minified) you will see that all your paths/polygons etc. have id's attached to them. To avoid having multiple ID's it would be great if you can turn this off.

I noticed that the minified export does this however it would be great if you can also do this for non-minified versions, since sometimes we still have to edit the SVG a bit, or add custom classes/id's when manipulating elements within the SVG.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Flag hidden text on Export

When exporting (to PDF, PNG, anything) scan to see if any text is hidden inside text boxes (of the artboards that are being exported) and warn the user that there is some hidden text. Just of the artboards or assets that are being exported, however. e.g. If I'm exporting pages 1 - 4, don't tell me there's some hidden text on page 5.

(look at InDesign for example of this functionality).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ignore locked objects when exporting

Ability to ignore locked objects when exporting assets. This way we could use locked objects as grids and not having those show up in the exported PNGs.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base