Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

37 results found

1. Would love to work with My Typekit fonts inside XD. UX design without Character Panels such as in Illustrator is almost illegal.

248 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Please add such functionalities to allow development of custom html5 panel extensions and jsx scripts.
    Thank you.

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Similar to being able to populate repeat grids with drag/drop, allow them to be populated by JSON data. See: https://www.designernews.co/stories/51165-designing-with-data-sketch--json

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. What if you through the link could acces the camera for apps where photosharing is key ?

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I am extremely sorry, but sharing just a thought which may not part of this product, but might its related to all our UX designer thinking/ feelings. We are really sensitive about out creativity, and do not wanted to give up while its getting developed/ or do not wanted to depend on someone.

What if Adobe come up a complete end to end product for UX professional or UI experts, where they do not need to code a single line and create a complete product which will be a tough competition to XCODE or respective application.

May be the basic…

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I have All Apps CC Plan. I only get access to my XD plugins from one installation of XD whilst the other is blank. This sucks cause I spend a ton of time prepping XD with alot of plugins that I cherry picked, tried and tested, and it doesn't have any effect on my other XD installment on the SAME CC license. It should be shared installments so we avoid repeating tedious tasks like this.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. like sketch or another apps, they have plugins to export to swift ( UI ) or another platform in web or android, it's make it easier and better than build design again on swift or android studio.

Thanks

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I'm using a platform, called Zeroheight, to create my company design system. It has a plugin that integrates with Adobe XD.
    I'm trying to display, on my design system, all the components states and be able to interact with them on the platform.
    I was informed by the support team of zeroheight that the adobe XD API doesn't support states and for that reason, they can't have access to components states.

This would really add value to my work! Thanks.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The Dribbble plugin can only share static imagery. I want to immediately share my animations made in Adobe XD without going to After Effects.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It would be great to have a built-in library of assets where you can:
    1- add/buy UI kits and all sorts of elements to your library with cloud syncing or only offline use capabilities
    2 - share your work on Behance or Dribbble and for each thumbs-up or like you have a point which you can spend on the online library to purchase new elements
    3 - it is necessary that we can add our own elements from the computer with certain formats and it can recognize those and enable user to upload his own graphical resources into his account…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. We all need sample data as designer to fill our preview ! Sample data is great. But sometime you work on redesigning existing website/app/whatever so there is already an API with all the data you need. I'd love to have a feature that allow me to make request from a specific API to have revelant data !

Since video is better than words. I'd love to have that for Adobe XD :

(sorry if someone already talk about it)

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Is there a categories for Plugins? This would help organize the plugins and allow for searching within the plugin category.

Note: as of XD 24 you can browse plugins within a category or search across all categories -- but you can't yet filter by category and search by text keyword simultaneously.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As of XD’s November 2019 release (XD 24), plugins are organized into several categories — as well as in some cases various editor-curated collections.

There’s not yet any way to search within a single category though, so I will adjust the title of this feature request to more clearly cover than remaining missing piece.

13. Every time I update my file, I have to keep a separate document to record all the changes I made linking to the labels I placed in my XD document so that everyone in the team, especially the engineering team will know what's the difference between version 21 and version 50.

It would be great if Adobe XD can create a changelog automatically, and take screenshots of those changes.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I would love to be able to access information about a project prototype setup from the API. I'm building a tool for sketch currently that enables building sketch projects to functional web and mobile applications using webpack and react. The bit that is missing from sketch (possibly could come through SilverFlows) is info about relationships between views and how to transition. I see this being a very powerful API and certainly very useful for my own selfish needs.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The idea would be to make a website so people can see the plugin's functionality in detail and images/video for plugin in adobe xd. The idea would be similar to the slack apps site, github, electron, etc.

I believe this would greatly help the use of plugins, even to fully understand the functionality of the plugin and download only those that you will use.

I mention this because of the experience I have in using these other services and their plugins / apps, regarding the use of plugins with adobe xd, which does not detail both their plugins.

I think…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Maybe a XML file that set the colors of the UI.
    Example:

<themes>
    <theme name="Monokay">
    <toolbarIconsColor>#fff</toolbarIcons>
    <toolbarBackgroundColor>#000</toolbarBackgroundColor>
    <propertiesBackgroundColor>#000</propertiesBackgroundColor>
    </theme>
    </themes>

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Would be great if epub format is supported. This is preferred for ebooks

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. In addition to sharing assets like colors, components, and character styles via libaries, I'd love the ability to share my grid setup as well, as the grid is a vitally important piece to design systems.

Currently, we have to create a blank XD file with the grid set up on an artboard, then share that doc out with our team. They then copy and paste the artboards into a new document that has the library linked.

It's a burden to say the least.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hi, a Version compatible with the actual Jira Server 8.7.1. would be very nice

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It would be nice for Adobe XD to work on 32-bit Windows. I have a laptop with 2 gigabytes of ram and a copy of 32-bit Windows 10 May Update. Can't update the memory because it is soldered onto the motherboard. And I can't get a new laptop. That version of XD will be very useful.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1