Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Run custom code during prototype viewing

Without fail there is always an interaction or need that isn't in the software. Plugins allow custom code during development. Allow a custom code component to run during the prototype state so I can add features that XD lacks. Like a scrollbar component that scrolls dynamically when users are viewing the published shared content to better simulate a true experience.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Device chrome around exported video

After I finish recording an interaction, I would like to have an option to export the video with the device around the video kinda like a container.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Disable Get Embed Code option (text link) in XD when Prototype Contains Voice Playback

Description:
    If embeded prototypes result in error when an artboard contains voice playback, then disable "get embed code" from XD

Why is this valuable to you?
    The current experience is inconsistent with user expectations and capabilities.

When designer adds voice-playback to an prototype for the first time, alert designer that prototype can not be embedded and disable Get Embed Code text option in XD Share>Share for Review dialog window.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Distinguish fixed position vs. preserve scroll position

I found a confusion to quickly identify differences between "Preserve scroll position" and "Fixed position when scrolling" looking alike check boxes, and resulting checking a wrong box and then dealing with prototype "glitches", XD agent support, and overall time waste.

I hope XD Design can do something better to visually identifying distinction between these two features/functionalities in XD user interface, such as adding icons to better visualize "fixed position" and "preserve scroll Y-coordinate"

Case Number: ADB-9008089-L8Z4

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Movable / Animatable Pivot Points for an Object / Component

It would increase animation possibilities if we could change the position of an object's pivot point from one artboard to another.

If there was a way to dynamically parent one object to another, animated pivot points would be even more useful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Do not automatically highlight the key stroke in the Interaction Pane

When I have an artboard set to transition with a keystroke, the keystroke automatically highlights and is editable when I select an artboard. I cannot then use Ctrl 3 to zoom into that art board. Instead, it changes the keystroke to Ctrl 3.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make comments more visible (Design: with color or ...)

Make comments more visible (Design: with color or ...) developer often don't see them because active and inactive status is grey

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. App switching animation

Sometimes I need to communicate that the user has switched between apps. It would be cool to have a special animation for transitioning between artboards that mimics the iOS/Android app switching experience.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. better control over which layers are being animated

Give me more control over what layers will be used for animations. Currently auto-animate decides which layers are used for animated transitions based on their name. However I often have similarly named layers within a group. Not having to go trough all groups and choose new names for my layers I would like to be able to "break" auto animate connections as well as make new ones between layers myself without having to manually rename these layers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Option to stop showing the Instructions on the Prototyping Page when only using one artboard

Hi

It's really annoying having to press X on the instructions each time I want to use the prototyping tab. This happens if I only have one artboard and need to go into the prototyping tab to access the Fix Position tick box.

Please can we have an option to stop showing it?. (see attached)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sort artboards in interaction popup to last edited

I struggle always to find the target artboard I want to link it. Would make sense to show the last edited artboard first. Also, a better search and filter function would be great.
    . Makes more sense. Hard to find otherwise the artboard. Search Function also don't work very well. Thank you. you guys do awesome work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Link together artboards by marquee selecting

Drawing a box around multiple art boards should allow the user to quickly link and un-link the screens together.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Save custom transition settings

When you have multiple transitions with specific values, say for example a swipe animation it becomes extremely daunting trying to remember all the various transition settings if you cannot label them and save them for future use. And it's a tedious process to set these individually since you can't copy a preset either. If you use an auto-animate in one artboard the program defaults to that over the slide transition.

You should probably also see which transition you have in the project. When you highlight two artboards and see the flowchart. And Copying transitions would be great fun!

We use…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! I’m going to leave this open to save custom transition settings, but I also want to mention that UserVoice works best when you only file one idea per ticket. Please feel free to file new tickets for your secondary ideas. Thanks!

14. Voice Prototyping: Choosing the Speech Playback option automatically brings the Time Trigger

Whenever I want to do voice prototyping and have the prototype play a speech back to me, I always forget that I also need to select the time trigger option.

I honestly do not understand why I need to remember to select two options just have speech playback?

Why can't I just select speech playback option and it automatically selects the time trigger option for me?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Text-To-Speech language selection within app.

Ability to select text-to-speech language per action used.

1. Example: Creating a mobile app with text reading capabilities. If the app has a "Select Language" page, then the language read back should match the language selected.

2. Having TTS language selection as part of each speech playback action created would be a great inclusion, especially if an app is developed with multiple languages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add interaction styles to the Assets panel

Animations should be able to come out as assets. This way if you need to change all your animations at same time, for example to transition/none, it can be done quickly. This would be an AWESOME feature and should work just like colors assets!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Limit Speech Playback Recurrence

Add a way to limit recurrence of speech playbacks so that the user can reuse an artboard without the speech playback repeating.

I've attached a sample file that combines a speech playback trigger with drag gestures. When you drag the map right, then left, the speech playback triggers a second time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Incorrect display of the borders of the viewer

The lower boundaries of the prototype view window are displayed as rectangular, rather than rounded, as upper. Rather, they are both rounded and straight at the same time.

Version 16.0.2.8 (Starter)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Link interaction on overlay with action on the base artboard

Having the ability to click an element within an overlayed artboard to cause other interactions on the original artboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Choose frame rate for Record Preview

My recordings are very laggy from Record Preview. If I could choose 30fps instead of only having 60fps, that might fix the performance issue (bug filed).

But, all I need is a 30fps video, anyway. So, would prefer that just on it's own, even if performance was fine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base