Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keyboard prtotype shortcut triggers

An extra feature for the keyboard triggers to be able to facilitate shortcut mode as well.

The feature would be able to set up 2-3 buttons as a trigger to show a new overlay or artboard. (example: Command+K, Command+Space bar or Command+Shift+E).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I just reviewed, and it looks like we support combination keyboard shortcuts already. There are some that the operating system will eat, though, so you might not be able to assign all of them. Are there specific keyboard shortcuts you can’t set?

2. Movable / Animatable Pivot Points for an Object / Component

It would increase animation possibilities if we could change the position of an object's pivot point from one artboard to another.

If there was a way to dynamically parent one object to another, animated pivot points would be even more useful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Low-fidelity Wireframe kits and components...

Need to have components, objects, UI kits, etc written to support, Low-Fedelity wireframes. Reason for this is their the only ones that work well with Design lead workshops and ideation workshops.
    This because the users don't get distracted and overwhelmed by details like in the high fidelity mode.

Currently use balsamiq for this, but XD should be a better alternative with this feature request implemented.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to Hide Specific Screens from Prototype View

Would like the concept of being able to mark 'hide' for specific artboards from the Prototype view.

This would allow artboards to exist within the same XD file for reference but not display at all when in Prototype mode navigating through the screens.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Multiple rotations in animation

For animations, it would be very helpful to allow for multiple rotations so I'm not limited a single 359-degree rotation. This will allow for much simpler loading style animations which currently I have to do some trickery to make it look like it is spinning more than once.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Share voice prototype through the app, not in a web browser

It would be extremely helpful to be able to share a voice prototype externally for testing using the Adobe XD app. Currently, when you share a prototype link, it automatically opens in a mobile browser which isn't ideal for testing an app experience.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Do not automatically highlight the key stroke in the Interaction Pane

When I have an artboard set to transition with a keystroke, the keystroke automatically highlights and is editable when I select an artboard. I cannot then use Ctrl 3 to zoom into that art board. Instead, it changes the keystroke to Ctrl 3.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I want to use keyboard trigger in device preview

I want to use a PC keyboard trigger in device preview using iPad. It's to create a prototype that uses touch and hard switch operation, like Nintendo's Switch.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make comments more visible (Design: with color or ...)

Make comments more visible (Design: with color or ...) developer often don't see them because active and inactive status is grey

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. App switching animation

Sometimes I need to communicate that the user has switched between apps. It would be cool to have a special animation for transitioning between artboards that mimics the iOS/Android app switching experience.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. better control over which layers are being animated

Give me more control over what layers will be used for animations. Currently auto-animate decides which layers are used for animated transitions based on their name. However I often have similarly named layers within a group. Not having to go trough all groups and choose new names for my layers I would like to be able to "break" auto animate connections as well as make new ones between layers myself without having to manually rename these layers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Option to stop showing the Instructions on the Prototyping Page when only using one artboard

Hi

It's really annoying having to press X on the instructions each time I want to use the prototyping tab. This happens if I only have one artboard and need to go into the prototyping tab to access the Fix Position tick box.

Please can we have an option to stop showing it?. (see attached)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Sort artboards in interaction popup to last edited

I struggle always to find the target artboard I want to link it. Would make sense to show the last edited artboard first. Also, a better search and filter function would be great.
    . Makes more sense. Hard to find otherwise the artboard. Search Function also don't work very well. Thank you. you guys do awesome work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Stop point for drag trigger

Quite simply the option to designate a stop point for a drag trigger.

ie. Drag up from a bottom menu to a 2/3 point, where it stops. Drag up a second/third etc time to bring up a sheets style menu to whatever point you would like.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Link together artboards by marquee selecting

Drawing a box around multiple art boards should allow the user to quickly link and un-link the screens together.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Overlay artboard background should be visible

Currently when I change my artboard fill to black, and decrease transparency by a percentage, to simulate the 'lightbox' effect for my design, then go into Prototype mode and select 'Overlay' as my action - the fill on my artboard gets deselected. At first i thought this was a bug, but after reviewing the bugs list, it appears this is by design.

I would like to suggest a couple improvements:

1. Instead of 'auto-deselecting' the fill, set it to 0% transparency instead -> This will make interacting faster for those who want to go back in and change the fill…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Save custom transition settings

When you have multiple transitions with specific values, say for example a swipe animation it becomes extremely daunting trying to remember all the various transition settings if you cannot label them and save them for future use. And it's a tedious process to set these individually since you can't copy a preset either. If you use an auto-animate in one artboard the program defaults to that over the slide transition.

You should probably also see which transition you have in the project. When you highlight two artboards and see the flowchart. And Copying transitions would be great fun!

We use…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! I’m going to leave this open to save custom transition settings, but I also want to mention that UserVoice works best when you only file one idea per ticket. Please feel free to file new tickets for your secondary ideas. Thanks!

18. Voice Prototyping: Choosing the Speech Playback option automatically brings the Time Trigger

Whenever I want to do voice prototyping and have the prototype play a speech back to me, I always forget that I also need to select the time trigger option.

I honestly do not understand why I need to remember to select two options just have speech playback?

Why can't I just select speech playback option and it automatically selects the time trigger option for me?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Imbed Code Block

Please allow the embedding of a code block within your design. That way you can integrate existing assets or 3erd party designs. This is particularly helpful for iframes to interactive experiences or components of animation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Set layer order to match destination artboard before auto-animating

When auto-animating to another artboard, currently the order of layers in the layer panel is as it appears in the source artboard, and doesn't update to the order in the destination artboard until the animation is complete. This results in layers being covered by other layers, making it difficult to simulate an element scaling and rising above other elements on the z axis (see attachment).

It would be preferable if the order of layers in the layers panel was first updated to the order in the destination artboard, then the animation begins.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base