Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

371 results found

1. Cycle Layers

Use cycles layers just like Adobe Character Animator to create animations in the design

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Not all interfaces are clickable and not all screens are touch screens. Some interfaces require inputs from physical buttons.
    Therefore, I'd like the ability to have a mockup image of a wearable device or smart phone behind the artboards, and then be able to create clickable regions over the "physical" buttons of the device to navigate through the interface.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Usability bug:
    When I select a single element on a dense page (lots of prototype links) the interface shows me all the link lines. This adds a ton of noise to the page and makes it very difficult for me to find my selected items chevron to make new connection - this is especially difficult or impossible if I zoom out to find the artboard I need. I don't not see any value in displaying all the links in this scenario - please only show all the links when I ask to see all the links (command+a).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. In Design mode, changes are applied to all nodes. When linking a node in Prototyping mode, I think it's relevant to have the ability to reflect those changes across all nodes as well.

A boolean option when prototyping that either let's you link them individually like it is right now or use the same value for all nodes would be very interesting.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Would be good to have a different color clipboard background to differentiate between design and prototype mode.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Weight is an important aspect of Web design

• Calculate the payload based on exported assets and display data, as it influences design
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It would be really good to have prototype links copied with the repeat grid function. Currently, you can copy and paste objects and the prototype links will copy with but if you're filling a page with a lot of smaller objects (i.e. items on a shopping page) it's a lot easier to use the Repeat Grid function. This way a lot of little buttons can all lead to the same place, which can be especially helpful for lo-fi prototypes where all the links go to one Lorem Ipsum template page.

You could either have the option to turn "Repeat Prototype"…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Components could have a setting 'remember last state between artboards'. This would allow prototypes with menu's that remain consistent between artboards, toggle buttons, etc, without having to make copies of all artboards for those features.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. There used to be a way where I could see a total number of artboards that I've created, but since the latest update (or two) I can no longer find out how many artboards are in my flow. I have over 250 and I'd prefer not to have to count them all. Has it been moved somewhere else perhaps? It was very useful. Cheers. Great product by the way. Amazing, really. It's a joy to use.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. In prototype mode, I click through artboards to inspect the inbound and outbound connections. If I set a transition from a component's child state, the only way to see that connection is to activate the state. I would be extremely helpful (esp in large prototypes) if there were some indication of the child state link from the default state.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. This would solve a problem I'm currently having with Adobe XD. I'm unable to create a transition that would preserve the scroll position within a scroll group.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow for audio playback to be enabled for timed transitions as these can only be inputted for tap interactions

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Right now, the creation of a carousel or 'choose one item' list requires you to have a different COPY of your artboard for each possible iteration of that carousel/list. If you want to showcase 3 multi-artboard interactions in a mockup (if each carousel has 5 images, you need to copy your artboar 125 times, just to show that, without any other bells and whistles).
    In contrast, if you could have an artboard group that is JUST the possible states for 1 carousel, then group those artboards into a single component. Then you only need 1 main artboard (for your app/webpage)…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. while building a prototype when connecting two artboards allow the option to choose the state for the components on the destination artboard

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. We need to be able to set prototype interactions based on visible content.
    Currently, if a larger object [a] is covered (via z-order) by a smaller object [b], a prototype interaction assigned to [a] will be active when the cursor hovers over [b]. This is not the typical expected behavior with regard to click or mouse over events.

Example:
    In the attached image, there is a modal dialog [b].
    We would want to assign Tap interactions objects within the dialog.
    We would also want to assign a Tap event to the area outside the dialog. In this case, tapping outside…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I want the possibility to change the state of a component on tap release. This will allow making animations of buttons that don't change the artboard on tap.

E.g. for IoT applications, I want to give the users the feeling, that the pressed a button.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Howdy folks!

Would be awesome if we could bind micro interaction on any element inside a component. That would allow us to make more complex interactions for components, like multiple state changes based on different elements and triggers.

Imagine a Sidebar component, that when we tap some button inside, that make the sidebar toggle size. With the option of binding the state change on the child element, the prototype would be more reliable when was time to delivery to the developers, where they would know exactly which element trigger each state change.

Hope that you'all are safe and healthy.

Love…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make auto counters a thing so that a numbered component/list can automatically change when a certain trigger is applied. Example: When adding items to a shopping cart, the number on the cart icon automatically changes when the button is clicked instead of having to manually create a list of numbers and different states for each one.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Another user has requested this for the mouse/touch down. This would also be beneficial for keys & gamepad triggers.

I am using this software to prototype game interactions. An example of this input being used is a transition to an overlay radial menu for selections to be made. The radial menu would disappear if the key/button is released.

Having this request fulfilled would be welcome.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The explicitness of the artboards is one of the most valuable aspects that drove me into XD.

It is great for design (when you can see and edit things at once) and specially for team collaboration ("How will development see all states?" https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38978644-component-states-to-development-design-specs).

Wouldn't it be great if:
    1 - states were special (explicit) artboards, tied to the original object (like Overlays);
    2 - the single regular Interaction pane could have triggers like "Hover/Mouse in/Mouse out" and actions like "State" (instead of requiring setting up states in the Design of a component before triggering them elsewhere in Prototype);
    3…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)