Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to hear feature requests for Adobe XD from you! UserVoice works best when you file a single idea per submission, but feel free to file as many submissions as you’d like!

Please include:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  3. If possible, an image or movie to help us understand what you’re talking about
--------------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE FOR BUG REPORTS

IMPORTANT: On August 30, 2019 User Voice Bugs forum will transition to read-only.

You can reach our support team in the following:
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd

For current XD Known Issues list visit,

Thank you!
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hands Free Voice Prototyping

Would love to be able to navigate a voice prototype WITHOUT having to long press the screen. Having to interact with the screen in order to use voice defeats the purpose of voice prototyping.

I understand there may be privacy concerns, but perhaps there's an option where you can have voice "turned on" at the prototype level. Meaning as soon as you navigate to the prototype and open it, Adobe confirms that this prototype uses voice and that you as a user consent to the mic being turned on as long as particular prototype is open on the phone. If…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dim the background when preview window is active

When you click on the desktop preview, dim the background if it's on the same monitor your Artboards are on. I constantly have to scroll the artboards off screen to be able to demo the preview for someone.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Boolean intersect should allow no overlap to support auto-animate

I am not sure this is a bug or a feature request. But I am using the boolean intersect operation to intersect 2 vector shapes. I am then animating the intersection. But soon as I reach the masked object bounds or just beyond it the boolean intersection undoes itself. I have attached a video.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to change private link to public

I have used the new private prototype beta by accident, now I want to make it a public link but I am not able to. Several people are having difficulty accessing the prototype, but I have spent a long time adding comments if I make a new public link the comments are lost.

Dont see why it is not easy to just switch public or private on and off.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 3D element layout and preview for Microsoft Teams based Hololens experiences

If I want to create 3D elements and objects for use with Microsoft Teams I should be able to quickly and easily mock all this up in XD.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=hololens+1st+line+work+demo&view=detail&mid=5B35A2CF22AEB5096FCC5B35A2CF22AEB5096FCC&FORM=VIRE

Fast forward into 2:20. I want to prototype that type of experience in XD. Go get the Redmond partners to build some bridgeware here....

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Save prototype hotspots in asset section

Instead of having to create the same hotspot multiple times (back buttons, navigation menu etc) could we have a feature where you can save the hotspots you've already created and be able to reuse them across multiple screens (similar to invision's hotspot prototyping feature)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Precisely place overlay artboard using the property inspector

Will be very helpful to be able to place precisely the overlays with measurement informations, like in the design mode.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Global scroll position toggle (rather than current link by link basis)

"Preserve Scroll Position" is out! Works great!

But, it would be great if we could have this control outside (and possibly as a Global/Art Board/User Selection) of each individual "link target modal"?

Having to click the "Preserve Scroll Position" button on EVERY LINK I WANT IT TO WORK ON IS TEDIOUS AND AGGRAVATING.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Improvements of the linking method in Prototype mode

I am working on a few projects that are nearing 100 screens, and linking them starts to become a problem.

Here are a few things that I think might help the situation:

1. Use the artboards order from the side panel into the dropdown menu. I don't know how the order in the dropdown is created, maybe by time of creation of the artboard, but is certainly not by name. By doing this we can at least group the artboards and find them more easily.

2. Incorporating a search bar into the dropdown is kinda strange and confusing, so another solution for…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Improve prototype display so clients know they can scroll

I've now had 3 clients voice confusion on "how they can see the rest of the page" on the prototype. The way its laid out, as a frame in the middle of the page, is proving to be confusing even to typical enterprise clients.

I understand the reasoning is to display the page with the specfied fold, but I don't think its useful the way it's implemented. It makes it look like a picture on a page, not a scrollable window.

It may work better allow the prototype to scroll within the full height of the browser, and treat the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Move all connections to an artboard to another

It would be so helpful to be able to move all the connections linked to 1 page and attach them to another 1.

For example: I connected 30 pages to the Home page, but now my Home is another one and I'd like to move all those connections to the new one.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. No hotspot for scrollable screens

There is no hotspot for giving a hint that an artboard is scrollable.

We got it for buttons when clicking outside an clickable area. But there is not hints for scrollable artboards.

It is easy to forget to look for that feature and it makes the end user to miss out of content.

Posted a video of showing the problem. There could be an hint that there is more content to view.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Preflight check to ensure all artboards are connected

Currently, there aren't any safeguards to ensure that all pages are accounted for and each button directs correctly.

It would be really helpful to be able to specify a button with a target at the outset, so that upon publishing a quick preflight check would ensure that everything is linked correctly and no pages are missing from the site architecture.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Dynamic Type

Hi, would be great to have dynamic type incorporated into prototype mode. Is there any plan to implement this in future release?

Rehan

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Widgets and Interactions built on Cases

I'd like to have the ability create/download/share interactive widgets that work on logical cases and states. The cases would also allow a wide array of interactions styles (on click, on mouse drop, on drag, on release etc.). The states would allow widgets to respond to cases (for example a set of controls can be active or inactive depending on the state of a particular widget). Without the ability to create logical cases it seems like XD is very limited.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Tab navigation

I'd like to be able to change a subsection of a page based on my selection, like you can see at http://tabtab.be/

タブで遷移

日本語で失礼します。

現在、プロトタイプモードでは、ページ全体の遷移しかできません。
    例えば下記ページのように、タブで選択した箇所のみ情報が変わるような遷移はできないでしょうか。
    http://tabtab.be/

情報サイトでは、タブ切り替えをよく使います。
    このような遷移がプロトタイプモードで作れたら、イメージ共有がスムーズになります。
    現在この機能がないため、XDをプロジェクトで使うのをためらっております。
    ぜひ追加機能をお願いします。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to make interaction points dialog explaining functionality in prototype

Similar to Microsoft visio this feature will give users the Ability to make interaction points explaining functionality in the prototype. The user will be able to draw an arrow pointing at the element linking to the dialog box. A dialog box will give user info on functionality or explain Interaction point.
    This feature will show in prototype mode and give the option to enable in share prototype mode.

As a user, I can draw an interaction box.
    As a user, I can link interaction box to shape/element/ect.
    As a user, I can choose to enable this when I share a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. "Dip to Black" transition

When jumping between user flows (i.e. illustrating what a different user would see), a "dip to black" transition would be very useful. It's a powerful transition used in film editing to indicate a change in context, or time passing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Interaction widget aligned to always be visible (contextual)

When an artboard is very big, which happens easily if working on a web page, the widget to create an interaction is off-screen (see zoomed-in screenshot). To see the widget and interact with it, it is required to zoom-out.

This is highly impractical.

Now we have the Interaction panel but on a big screen, it would be quicker to interact with the handle-widget and visually drag the interaction to the desired artboard (which normally is next to the one we want to create the interaction for, instead of possibly scrolling a big list of artboards (see third screenshot).

Thank you…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base