Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Widgets and Interactions built on Cases

I'd like to have the ability create/download/share interactive widgets that work on logical cases and states. The cases would also allow a wide array of interactions styles (on click, on mouse drop, on drag, on release etc.). The states would allow widgets to respond to cases (for example a set of controls can be active or inactive depending on the state of a particular widget). Without the ability to create logical cases it seems like XD is very limited.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove design features from Prototype mode.

Please remove design feature from the prototype mode. No delete, paste etc when prototype mode. Switching is easy for those needing to tweak a design along the way.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02 : Prototype mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Trusted user testing group

I would like to have a way to invite trusted people to user test my prototypes; in fact, I would like to entrust this to a group of verified AdobeXD users. Instead of always trying to hunt down ways to user test on another platform and then get participants. I would like to turn to a set of UXers and ask for feedback. This could relate getting Adobe Points for being a tester and for providing feedback.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Go back one screen in Preview using the delete key

When viewing a preview of your design work in the current window could you make the delete key go back to the previous link please. (Just like a browser back button would do)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Remember prototype interactions (mouse clicks) so re-recordings are easily repeatable automatically

I think it would be handy if you could set triggers in prototype to record pre defined motion paths for the video e.g: A (Home) to B (Next page) back to A.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Prototyping: magnifying glass/loupe to help linking small elements

If I want to create a link from a small element like a menu item to another page, it is hard to accurately select the text and be zoomed out far enough to see the page I want to link to.

I know you can use the drop down to select the page, but if you want to do it visually it would be good if the area around the cursor would zoom like a loupe to enable easier selection.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Disable interactions behind the Overlay

When there are multiple interactions in an artboard and when the overlay appears on top of the artboard, the interaction is still clickable and the other artboard is appearing over the overlay again which is making a mess

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. One single interaction can trigger multiple actions to take place.

I found when designing navigation for a single page site, I want the button to change color while on a specific part of the page. It would be nice if one interaction like tap, could trigger multiple interactions to take place.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Different size of main and overlay artboard

Different size of main and overlay artboard causes big problem with prototype. If contents of overlay isn't bigger then a main artboard why shoud I design whole new overlay for responsive design?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. allow event except only than action

Currently, XD only supports actions. But it would be great to have user events. For eg. Scroll To is action that is added to XD while the same can be added in event type - On Scroll.

This feature will be an aid to various use cases. Here's one example:

Let's say, when we view the prototype, "when scrolling" floating action bar disappears, "when scrolling stopped" the floating action bar appears again with some animation.

So, this means; if we can have events then we can have any components state changes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Loop audio

Playing Audio or Motion and looping it Automatically Without need to Click or Drag or any action. its like when all actions are over i do like have to keep some motions and music playing in main menu , but at the moment i should just play audio by click or still cant have looping motion , for example on this video i liked to have some motions keeps go on clouds while menu is ready to click and also need music playing on background on without any click

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Integration with Framer X

Would be great if XD screens could be imported into Framer X similar to Sketch. It’s the only thing that makes me still debate using Sketch instead of XD!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Definable hit areas for component states

If we are going to call what XD has "component states", instead of "button states", then there needs to be a way to define a hit area of a given interaction.

For example, right now, if I have a "component" created, and I add an element of a larger size, that comes up/out/or whatever on rollover, the rollover state becomes the new hit area size, so now the interaction won't close when I roll off the original trigger... Instead I have to roll off the entire new element that come on during the state change.

This makes it virtually impossible…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Drag in multiple directions

Would love to drag an object both directions. Perhaps if we could add hot spots to the left and right of a container, then you can either drag it left or right.

Example: in g-mail, drag the message right to delete, left to archive. Would like to render this behavior.

Thought two, add these touch points or hot spots to and image so I can drag left or right from the image itself to go forwards or backwards.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Component with instances, inside a component with instances, inside component with instances

Given I create a component with instances, inside a component with instances, inside component with instances, third level of instances appears to be disabled even if you have different components with different instances inside.

That instances would be useful, for example, for a search bar, with list of items, with a switch inside these items, with a button when that switch is enabled.

I tried to do a video explaining what I wonder to do.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Interaction on a component inside already active interaction on another component

Please make the interactions on 2nd component, inside 1st component with active interaction - work!. Inception-thing-trying-to-describe-haha

They work for a few minutes, but deactivates later.

It is basicly a button inside a button. Please make it work.

I can go around the issue by adding more new canvas such a "load-in", but this will take up entire artboard - and this is not infinite (..new idea! ;)..)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. States be retained across canvases, and retained as children

Having a card component with a hover state, and within this card component is a checkbox.

If I hover over the card component and mark the checkbox as selected, when the card component goes back to regular mode as I am not hovering any longer - the checkbox unchecks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Mousewheel trigger

It would be usefull to allow to use the wheel of the mouse to interact between two screens in the two direction.
    for now, we can only use a clic or the keyboard to simulate a scroll. for a client, i't not easy to understand

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Prototype interactions should allow both state transition and artboard transition

Component states are great but ideally it would be better to allow an interaction to do both a state transition and an artboard transition.
    So an example would be a side nav with each element triggering a transition to a different page/artboard.
    I would like clicking on the link to change the component state (decorate it for example) as well as transitioning to the target artboard

thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Remove top and bottom black space when previewing small artboards

WHY mobile landscape in Preview have space at top and bottom with black color, its ugly, this gape/space can only be gone if height is 550 or more, height under 550 have this space which make whole prototype look very ugly to show some one. in the screenshot attached The W is 736 and the H is 414 Landscape

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base