Skip to content

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

IMPORTANT: Adobe XD Feature Requests is now read-only. Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to share your pain points! 

Your feedback can be shared in in our Adobe XD Community Forum, 

You can reach our support team in the following: 
- Adobe XD Community Forum, https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobexd 

For current XD Known Issues list visit, 
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/known-issues.html 

Other useful information: 

Thank you! 
Adobe XD Team 

Adobe XD: Feature Requests (Read-Only)

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1367 results found

1. This would be useful for e.g. resizing button instance widths, but maintaining the link to the master component button height. See image for an explanation.

(And yeah, I know I can rig up something like this myself by going into the master component, putting an invisible rectangle behind the green button's rectangle, and then adjusting the height or width of the entire master component group or of the green button itself, but that's a pain. It would be nice to have this work on individual objects too, instead of just groups.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Admin →
  2. I've had to copy and paste text from Figma into XD and it would be really great if that text could then become editable in XD. Adobe Acrobat is able to auto-detect and convert text even in lowres PDFs

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The ability to designate a box as a dummy asset of a certain theme so that it displays an appropriate image (roughly the same size and theme). For example, when creating mockups on the web I've been using placeimg.com to show temp assets. If I had a nature web site and wanted to show a 340x340 image I would just reference https://placeimg.com/340/340/nature and it would show a random nature image for the demo.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I frequently (at least once/day) hit CMD-V when I'm reaching for CMD-B while editing text. If I have an object on my clipboard, XD inserts the raw SVG code into my text area. (OK, Maybe using my left hand for B is bad typing form, but I'm old and it's never going to change)

This is especially annoying if the clipboard contents are large, as my system grinds to a halt for several seconds, preventing a quick CMD-Z.

I can't think of a scenario when this behavior would be desirable. I get the value of copying SVG, but the paste…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Similar to the 'Color' tool panel from AI.

This can/should also incorporate other features like seeing the hex or color build information of the fill or outline without having to click into a secondary panel.

Tie in key commands like 'x' for swapping the focus from outline to fill, 'd' for resetting to base black/white, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When adding Character Styles the first character style stays on top and the other styles adds underneath that, but when adding Colors the latest added color "pushes down" the already added colors. Would like the first added Color to stay on top, I know you can change the order later but it would just speed up my workflow.

All the best!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When renaming layers I often use CMD+Shift+arrow keys to highlight text. I have some custom keyboard shortcuts setup for the nudge+resize plug-in that use the same CMD+Shift+arrow keys to grow or shrink items. It would be great if while I was renaming layers I could use these shortcuts to highlight text without it affecting the item I have selected on the artboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. XD Version 20.2.12.1
    Windows 10 Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.615)

If there is a way to do this, I apologize for the post.

Almost daily, I work with "grouped" elements that represent a section of a design. For example, a panel that contains sub panels, etc. Often I want to "marquee" select several items within the panel to adjust their locations, etc., but I end up selecting the panel background and moving it instead.

It would be nice if we could lock, say, only the position of a certain element and only that element(so it doesn't move) instead of locking…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When there are raster images pasted in to the project and I want to move some objects around with pixel precision I do Cmd+"+" or Cmd+2 to zoom in (200%) which is enough for me. But blurry images make it hard to do a pixel-to-pixel alignments. 300% zoom though looks perfect (pixelated and sharp). Could you please just disable raster smoothing at 200% zoom?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I would find it useful in creating more complex and easily editable components if they could be used in boolean operations and retaining their linkage to the master component.

Right now, when I use a component in a boolean operation, the green outline becomes red and editing the master component does not affect the components that were used in the boolean.

This is one way I've seen google's material design components being implemented in Sketch and I found that approach very handy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Picture the scenario. You have an art board, you copy the art board and completely alter the spacing. So now you have one art board that has a tight fitting UI, and one that has a spacious one (too spacious!)

You might play around with it for a while until you find a good point somewhere between the two art boards. But these minute changes can be difficult to keep track of.

My solution would be for art board interpolation. You select both art-boards and right click to interpolate them. This opens a screen with a simple slider that lets…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be awesome to have available a quick access button that triggers the mask option. Currently, we (windows users) have to right click to access it. Even though there's also a shorcut to it, sometimes I can't remember the combination that triggers the option. I'm pretty sure our workflow would speed if we have it handy 🤩👌

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When I create a symbol, XD current adds a symbol, but it does not set keyboard focus to that symbol's name.

This means that I have to move my mouse over to the Symbol section of the Assets panel, double-click that symbol and then type the name. This is a pain, particularly when creating a lot of symbols.

Instead, when I press Ctrl+K and a new symbol is created, I would like the field to be opened for renaming and my keyboard focus to be set to there. The same thing should happen if I create a symbol in another…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• draw a rectangle
    • adjust the round of corner
    • adjust width & height to fit the parent shape

- drop an vertical image into the rectangle (all good)

• select the group, rotate 90degree
    • copy the group of shapes (including parents shapes and the rect inside)
    • paste
    • try to drop a new vertical image into the rectangle (NOK) (we will find the image is rotated, as the new group is created with 'rotation info' inherited from the original one.)

can we have 'paste as new'?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. If I want to use auto animate to have an object/group move onto the screen from off of it (or vice versa), I have to group it with an invisible object that stays on the screen so that XD knows the object/group is a part of that artboard when it is off-screen. I could be totally missing a way around this but I can't find anything about it online. If there was a way to assign an object to an artboard even if it isn't touching said artboard, that would fix this problem.

Essentially this makes adding new animations a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Workflow would suggest that the create Artboard tool should not be second to last on the side bar but closer to the top since one of the first things you do is create an artboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1- I know that might not sound like a priority but sometimes when I am using multiple text layers and converting them to paths, I would love to have a character isolation option in order for me to make it easier to then control each character, rotate, reflect or whatsoever on its own. Having nodes once converted to path is great, but I also believe that having an element isolation mode will be very helpful for quicker flow.

2- Having an option to control the parent anchor point of an object will def come in handy.

Lastly, not trying to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately, UserVoice works best when you have only suggestion per ticket instead of multiple. I’ll edit this one to focus on the character isolation issue, but would you mind filing the parent anchor point as a separate issue? (Specifically, is this anchor point for the purpose of path drawing, or is it for the purpose of alignment?) Thanks!

17. It would be nice to have modifier key that you could press while positioning an object to disable alignment to the pixel grid.

e.g. holding down x while moving a object would let you move it freely without it aligning to the pixelgrid.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The resizing is very intuitive in figma
    where I could just press alt+drag to increase/decrease values

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When selecting multiple objects, it could be helpful for cmd + Z to deselect one by one, instead of undoing the last thing you changed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)