Adobe XD: Feature Requests

We love to get feature requests for Adobe XD! You can view existing feature requests, vote on them and add your comments, or you can submit a new feature request.

While creating a new feature request, please include:

1. Description of the feature
  2. Why this is valuable to you
  3. If possible, an image or video that helps us understand your feature request
--------------------------------------------
To report bugs, you can reach our support team in the following locations:

You can view a current list of known issues at this location.

Other useful links :
  1. XD user guide
  2. XD on Twitter
  3. XD on Facebook
Thank you
Adobe XD Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Set multiple borders for the same shape

I like the control we get of what kind of border we could set, say inner/outer. I think it would be even more amazing if we have the ability to set both for the same object; say an outer border, red of 10, and an inner border blue of 3 as an example.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Alt Delete only deletes the first section

If I create an shape, then double-click on the border, I'm giving a number of points that that the shape is divided into, then I can mess around with distorting the shape to my will, in one of the videos it was claimed that if you hold Alt+Del you can delete a section of that shape, say a square, and create interesting designs; I tried deleted other parts of the shape in this similar fashion, but it always breaks only the top right portion of that shape; was that intended? If not, how would one delete a portion of a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Eyedroper picks up border gradient even though it's a fill at zoom

I was learning about the eyedroper tool and realized that the eyedropper was picking up any color within the application itself at current zoom. So in other words say I had a 1px orange border on an object; at zoom 100% it would pick up either a fill orange or a few lines of gradient on either side. If I did the same source at say 300% zoom, it would just show that it's a solid border of orange. This is very confusing

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Align objects within a group to the artboard.

When you select an item within a group, you currently cannot align it to the artboard. You have to ungroup said object(s) to do so and regroup the entire group again after alignment. Something similar to Direct Select in Illustrator or InDesign would be helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Radial blur

It would be great to have a filter effect having gaussian blur, radial blur and other effect functionality to add in Adobe XD . As in i could save time instead of doing entire work in Illustrator

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Research Tab

A research tab included with; Design, Prototype, and Share tabs. Research could house UI kits, personas, empathy maps, journey maps, sketches, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Separate component states from variants

Instead of managing all the different variations of a component using states, allow switching of variants with their own set of states. Technically you could add new components for each variant but being able to select a variant from a dropdown would be a neat way to organise groups of components and switch between their variants and associated states. An example would be having a solid button and an outline button as part of the same component, and these would have their own set of states when you switch between variants. This would be far neater than having states for…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01 : Design mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Linked components unable to be made local after unlinking

When the master file that has a linked component is deleted/moved the component cannot be made local. So if you have a corrupt file, that you are able to copy and paste to a new document (Adobe suggested debug/fix) and you delete the corrupt file, the component is left a component with a broken link.

"Unlinking" the component turns it into a group. So if you used that component on multiple art boards you have to replace them all (no easy way to do that...). If you go into the assets panel and click the dropdown and "x" out the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Snap to Layout Grid doesn't work with off-pixel objects when dragging from the corner

When you grab the edge of a box, it snaps to the layout grid when resizing. However this doesn't work when you grab the corner handle.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I just was able to reproduce your issue, and it looks like an issue with off-pixel objects while dragging on the corner. Thanks for your feedback – I’ll pass this along to the team that owns this area.

10. Color shades support

There is a workflow where people work on picking different types of shades of colors as a part of their designs they are working for.
    It would a great asset if the color picker would allow the users to work through it with a better workflow

Prototype example Link: https://blog.prototypr.io/an-updated-color-picker-for-practicality-adobexd-294d5e4e5f92?source=friends_link&sk=84ed163845b694ea96a197be1b24d992

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Proportional Responsive Resize

A proportional change of blocks is very often used on sites. It will be great if you add this feature.
    The spaces that can be created between blocks when changing the width of the artboard can be removed by linking the upper blocks to the lower blocks.
    You can also implement the zoom function.
    texts and icons when changing the width of the artboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Snap to Divisible by 8 px

Have a mode where everything you move and shapes you make are divisible by 8px kind of like snap to grid.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Copy artboard as raster at 2x

I make heavy use of the ability to copy an artboard as a raster image, so I can quickly paste images into other apps (Teams, Confluence, Target Process, etc.).

I design at 1x, but I'd really love it if the artboards were copied at 2x so I can preserve full fidelity when viewing the pasted images on retina screens.

Any chance there could be an option to copy at 1x or 2x?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Display number of selected objects

When I have many svg's I want to know how many so I can arrange them in columns

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fade Mask ala Facebook Live Comments

I would like to see a gradient/fade mask feature, similar to how comments were being masked on Facebook Live and other live streaming apps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Zooming with external mouse (not trackpad) like in Miro -> Scrolling zooms in/out and when holding down scroll cliked - pan

I got really simple suggestion for scrolling in your app - do as Miro did when scrolling with external mouse.

Scrolling zooms in/out and when holding down scroll cliked - pan. I think it's a quick win and you will make usage with external mouse muuuuch easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Only link to a subset of assets from a linked document

Unlink/deselect linked assets.

Why is it not possible to remove linked assets from a file, once they are linked?

Would be nice to be able to switch assets or even add several assets to one document. Most of designers work across platforms and need to have UI kits for e.g. Desktop and Native Android, Native iOS. But one file can only link one set of assets and those assets you cannot unlink.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Carry layer position (Bring to Front/Back) from Master Components to all Instances

If I have a floating call to action button on every screen, or a sticky header on every screen (as master components) - when I position the layer of a master component (bring to front, bring to back etc) that positioning should carry over to every instance on every screen.

Sticky header is a good example. If I use the same component on every page and need it to be the top layer, I should not have to manually bring each instance to The Front - if I have 40 screens this is cumbersome.

If I make more edits to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Multiple character styles in one text frame

It would be helpful to apply more than one character style to text in a text box. It would be particularly helpful when formatting long text like a blog post.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Polygon tool to support star ratio of more than 100%

The ability for polygon tool to support star ratio of more than 100% so that it would be easier to create a rounded square for the containers of icons

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base